Bobby Wagner Named Defensive Team Captain

Jville

Reaction score
captains-1200x800.jpg

Article >>> [urltargetblank]http://www.seahawks.com/news/2015/09/07/russell-wilson-bobby-wagner-and-jon-ryan-voted-2015-captains-seahawks-teammates[/urltargetblank]

Rob12

Reaction score
Sealake80":2ciyp072 said:
If you post that tweet, and don't say anything else, its a thread about Bobby and Kam. That can't be changed. Sorry if that annoys anyone.

I for one would welcome reading conversation about Wagz vs Kam as Defense Team Captain. What is the difference in leadership? What kind of effect does "captain" have on the team. They are both outstanding players. I for one think it's cool to see Bobby stepping into the "role". I wonder if the change in leadership will have an effect on the personality of our D. Time will tell. I also wonder if Kam was here does anyone think Wagz might still have got the captain award? I think it's possible.

One reports to camp. There's your difference in leadership. Can't lead when you're not there.

Rob12

Reaction score
SacHawk2.0":fh0fycpw said:
Rob12":fh0fycpw said:
A mod was the first person to mention Kam. Then threatens to shut this down if it becomes a Kam thread. We have plenty of Kam threads.

Congrats to Wagz! Well deserved!

That's actually incorrect. There were several Kam posts before mine, some of them very vitriolic. I deleted them.

The offenders know who they are.

If you have any other questions, please PM me.

Fair enough. I apologize, Sac.

kf3339

Reaction score
Well deserved honor for Wagner! Good for him.

Bigbadhawk

Reaction score
No surprises here. Figured it would be him or Earl. Not sure how much it really matters in the end when its well known that the Hawks have many team leaders (just look up those that were involved with team meeting last year after the Chiefs game if you doubt that). Grats to Bobby though.

Sealake80

Reaction score
Rob 12. Showing up to camp does make a big difference. I hope Bobby shows to be an even better player at a more important position. If he continues to improve it could be true. Man our D is nasty!

SacHawk. Makes sense. Thanks for explaining.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
SacHawk2.0":169bbn6o said:
Let's keep this about B-Wagz, because it IS about B Wagz.

If this turns into another Kam thread I'm going to shut it down.

Cam3D.png

pmedic920

Reaction score
Jville":1n0sfhcd said:
captains-1200x800.jpg

Article >>> [urltargetblank]http://www.seahawks.com/news/2015/09/07/russell-wilson-bobby-wagner-and-jon-ryan-voted-2015-captains-seahawks-teammates[/urltargetblank]

Great picture, thanks for posting.
If you made it, nice work :{)

Davehawk

Reaction score
My favorite Seahawk and the only player's jersey I've ever purchased. Love the guy!

Go Hawks!

McG

Reaction score
I called it a few weeks ago in some thread about captains. It was really an easy call. He has the new deal that will keep him in Seattle for quite awhile, stability. He is the QB of the D and one of the top 3 MLBs in the game today, leadership and ability. Flat out, the guy is a stud and he will be someone that the rest of the D looks to for that extra edge.

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
pmedic920":1zo9r2j0 said:
Jville":1zo9r2j0 said:
captains-1200x800.jpg

Great picture, thanks for posting.
If you made it, nice work :{)

Looks like it's a picture from the article, the weird thing that I notice in that picture is that the seahawks name are digitally altered and the NFL logo on Wilson's jersey on the neckline is filled in as well, i don't know why it would be a copyright issue as it's placed right on the dot com website.

Overseasfan

Reaction score
It was gonna be either Sherm or Bwagz for defensive captain. Earl just isnt a leader type and other candidates like Bennett and KJ were clearly on the second tier.

The choice for Bobby over Sherm makes sense though. While both are vocal All-Pros wagz has two things going for him here. First off he plays MLB. That is the QB spot of the D and typically a leader. LCB doesnt really hold up in that aspect.

The other thing is that wagz can trust is position group 100%, he plays inbetween Wright and irvin. Two guys that are here for years and are Pro Bowl level talents. He doesn't have to worry about the LB corps the same way Sherm has to look over the DBs. A new RCB, SS and NCB. wagz simply has less to worry Bout.

All in all great choices.

HawkMark1976

Reaction score
Last year when Bobby Wagner was out injured the Hawks suffered and lost games. Once he came back the defense and team was on fire and went on their win streak to the Super Bowl. HE has earned the title of Defensive Captain. This year, with his steady, strong leadership the Defense will get better each week as they play as unit.