BRADY/PATS PUNISHMENT OVER TURNED BY JUDGE. (Updated 9/3/15)

LymonHawk

Reaction score
ringless":1w16v8nv said:
Per Florio - Case assigned to a 'liberal' judge.

Which case? There are now two Federal cases, I believe.

Personally, I doubt either side wants to deal with 'Discovery' in a Federal Court. But what do I know?

Sometimes, destroying potential evidence is a 'summary judgment' type of thing, or maybe a Prima facie judgment.

I wouldn't be surprised if Brady's legal team ask for an 'in chambers' talk with the Judge and explain that being such a public figure, there might have been comments in his texts that had nothing to do with Inflategate but would have damaged Brady or his wife in other ways...sexual comments, racist type of things, etc. (Aren't there now rumors about Giselle having plastic surgery?)

rideaducati

Reaction score
The suit the NFLPA and Brady is filing isn't about whether or not Brady is guilty, it's about the NFL having the right to dole out their own punishment and having the same office hearing the appeals. If it were actually about Brady being guilty or not, there would be no suit filed because he is guilty and he knows it.

The NFLPA and Brady are attacking THE PROCESS, not the guilty verdict.

LymonHawk

Reaction score
rideaducati":2ngjqjsz said:
The suit the NFLPA and Brady is filing isn't about whether or not Brady is guilty, it's about the NFL having the right to dole out their own punishment and having the same office hearing the appeals. If it were actually about Brady being guilty or not, there would be no suit filed because he is guilty and he knows it.

Could very well be as you say. Has the NFLPA case been filed yet?

SnoCoHawk

Reaction score
rideaducati":1ynxeywj said:

I believe one of NFLPA's complaints is that the NFL didn't WARN Brady that he could be punished for destroying his cell phone. I mean, how could Shady Brady have possibly known that destroying evidence after it was specifically requested by the NFL investigators might result in negative consequences?

The SNL parody of Tom "I don't know things" Brady's press conference is looking even more prescient...

http://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/video/patriots-press-conference-cold-open/2842425

ringless

Reaction score
It's true that it has always been about attacking the process. For example that Brady in addition to not being warned that destroying evidence would be a negative result. But also that there was potential the balls could be inspected during the game. I know a lot of fans (patriots) feel that is wrong and a sting. However it's not entrapment as they would like to think. It has never truly been about his innocence. This is also a really interesting read about his body language.

http://emeraldcityswagger.com/2015/01/2 ... flategate/

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
ringless":2gp1ir8n said:
It's true that it has always been about attacking the process. For example that Brady in addition to not being warned that destroying evidence would be a negative result. But also that there was potential the balls could be inspected during the game. I know a lot of fans (patriots) feel that is wrong and a sting. However it's not entrapment as they would like to think. It has never truly been about his innocence.

I recall hearing that one or two other teams were aware of Brady's soft balls last year after making interceptions and having their own equipment manager check the pressure. Possibly one of those teams let the Colts or the officials know about it.

[conspiracy]
Brady wants to go to court now because Rog didn't give him his way. From what I read in this morning's paper, he may ask for an injunction on the suspension, which would delay it until everything is heard. (Keep in mind that I don't think a court should hear the case anyway.) Now then, it is THAT important for him to play in the opener against the Steelers and risk getting suspended later and closer to or during the playoffs...or...since he's near the end of his career anyway...hope he can delay it for the whole season, maybe win another Super Bowl, and then retire and they can't do anything about it?
[/conspiracy]

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Brady and the Patriots are taking a HUGE gamble by suing the league over this suspension.

They better hope they win, because if they get an injunction so Tom can play at the beginning of the season, then they risk Tom losing those games, or a lesser amount of games in the middle or worse end of season/playoffs.

How awesome would that be, court date in November/December..........suspension upheld and Tom Terrific getting to watch Jimmy Crapalo get destroyed down the stretch or in the playoffs from the press box.

JAGHAWK

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2uhiqrtw said:
Brady and the Patriots are taking a HUGE gamble by suing the league over this suspension.

They better hope they win, because if they get an injunction so Tom can play at the beginning of the season, then they risk Tom losing those games, or a lesser amount of games in the middle or worse end of season/playoffs.

How awesome would that be, court date in November/December..........suspension upheld and Tom Terrific getting to watch Jimmy Crapalo get destroyed down the stretch or in the playoffs from the press box.

I can only hope.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2aqzi456 said:

I believe when suspended the only way you can be in the stadium is with special permission from the league office, otherwise suspended players/coaches aren't allowed in the stadium on game day.

I remember when the Sean Payton and others were suspended, Brees was set to break a record, and he petitioned the league to let Payton and a few others in the stadium to watch the game and it was granted, so it is possible, but not the norm

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Greenhell":4ozcugee said:
ringless":4ozcugee said:
Jets fans fly “Cheaters” banner over Patriots training camp
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... ning-camp/

Judge orders Tom Brady suit to be moved to N.Y.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... oved-to-ny

Moved to NY? Yes.

Mike and Mike said the league pretty much pulled a hamstring filing first so they could get the case heard in NY, a much more league friendly venue than elsewhere.

Mark Cuban had some interesting comments yesterday about Brady

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/mar ... ar-AAdGHeY

I love the guy, and agree.........for as much as the Patriot's organization from top to bottom has defied Goodell over deflating footballs, Brady's lucky he didn't get more games.

Exittium

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1qnuwz8a said:
Greenhell":1qnuwz8a said:
ringless":1qnuwz8a said:
Jets fans fly “Cheaters” banner over Patriots training camp
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... ning-camp/

Judge orders Tom Brady suit to be moved to N.Y.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... oved-to-ny

Moved to NY? Yes.

Mike and Mike said the league pretty much pulled a hamstring filing first so they could get the case heard in NY, a much more league friendly venue than elsewhere.

Mark Cuban had some interesting comments yesterday about Brady

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/mar ... ar-AAdGHeY

I love the guy, and agree.........for as much as the Patriot's organization from top to bottom has defied Goodell over deflating footballs, Brady's lucky he didn't get more games.

I believe in the report the gooddell mentions he actually can increase/decrease etc etc any fines suspensions etc etc at anytime without any prior notice. So its still plausible he could get more but highly unlikely.

RedAlice

Reaction score
I agree with Cuban on this. Well, of course I do.

An excerpt:

As far as 4 games being upheld, the NBA owner in me is surprised it wasn't extended. The old saying 'the cover up is always worse than the crime' applies here.
Once he destroyed his phone this all went from did he break the rules of the game, to 'can he get away with deceiving the commissioner.'
We can argue whether 4 games was too much for deflating the ball. You can't argue whether 4 games is enough for trying to make a fool out of the commissioner of the NFL.....

So while the Pats fans I'm sure will disagree, I think the punishment of 4 games for trying to destroy evidence is actually lite.

Full article at:
http://nesn.com/2015/07/mark-cuban-rips ... re-severe/

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
RedAlice":oropqpxc said:
I agree with Cuban on this. Well, of course I do.

An excerpt:

As far as 4 games being upheld, the NBA owner in me is surprised it wasn't extended. The old saying 'the cover up is always worse than the crime' applies here.
Once he destroyed his phone this all went from did he break the rules of the game, to 'can he get away with deceiving the commissioner.'
We can argue whether 4 games was too much for deflating the ball. You can't argue whether 4 games is enough for trying to make a fool out of the commissioner of the NFL.....

So while the Pats fans I'm sure will disagree, I think the punishment of 4 games for trying to destroy evidence is actually lite.

Full article at:
http://nesn.com/2015/07/mark-cuban-rips ... re-severe/
Great find, thanks.

ringless

Reaction score
So as I take my daily gander over to see what new information Patriots fans have on the matter. I realized that some of them have never even looked outside of what has been posted by anyone except pro-Brady writers and fans. I stumbled across this gem of a thread today... The title "No NFL fan should be ok with this…"

The start of it is a classic!

I have heard radio shows and other news outlets suggest that outside of NE fans are happy about the Brady suspension. I find that to be both shocking, and ignorant.

You have this fan, that recently (In the last 24-48 hours) has discovered that people exist that don't believe Brady. He is shocked, and deeply disturbed by our ignorance..... Of course it all goes down hill from there. Another quote I love shortly after...

"If you cannot win your way to the top, then strike down the teams ahead of you. At some point, your team is in first place. Bad for others is good for you. Decry cheating, but accept a legal form of cheating (eliminating key components of other teams) in order to advance your team's interests while claiming your team did it the right way."

"This is what I try and tell all the haters. Like, what if this was happening to your team? How would you feel then?
like us, you'd be outraged by Goodell's abuse of power."

Anyways, I don't want to spoil all the fun... It gets a little deeper here http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-pat ... -with-this….1121561/

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
ringless":15vzqqk1 said:
So as I take my daily gander over to see what new information Patriots fans have on the matter. I realized that some of them have never even looked outside of what has been posted by anyone except pro-Brady writers and fans. I stumbled across this gem of a thread today... The title "No NFL fan should be ok with this…"

The start of it is a classic!

I have heard radio shows and other news outlets suggest that outside of NE fans are happy about the Brady suspension. I find that to be both shocking, and ignorant.

You have this fan, that recently (In the last 24-48 hours) has discovered that people exist that don't believe Brady. He is shocked, and deeply disturbed by our ignorance..... Of course it all goes down hill from there. Another quote I love shortly after...

"If you cannot win your way to the top, then strike down the teams ahead of you. At some point, your team is in first place. Bad for others is good for you. Decry cheating, but accept a legal form of cheating (eliminating key components of other teams) in order to advance your team's interests while claiming your team did it the right way."

"This is what I try and tell all the haters. Like, what if this was happening to your team? How would you feel then?
like us, you'd be outraged by Goodell's abuse of power."

Anyways, I don't want to spoil all the fun... It gets a little deeper here http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-pat ... -with-this….1121561/
Just go over to the ESPN or NFL.com comments sections. The Cheatriots fans cannot post a single post without the words "hater", "jealous" and or "idiot" in it. It's like the morons all share the same brain.

Exittium

Reaction score
What i find amusing about everything is even on tv you got the "pro's" who get their 5 mins of fame on espn/nfl/espn2 and all the other sports channels talk about how the NFLPA has convincing argument... Still trying to figure it out.. The NFLPA is all huff n puff about ShadyBrady being suspended, because of deflated footballs, all of which in the report by goodell ShadyBrady doesn't deny any involvement. He just plays stupid and talks about his phone being destroyed. The media want's to say Shadybrady will get off because he doesnt legally have to hand his phone over etc etc..

in the end the NFLPA and Media seem to keep forgetting is, Gooddell has them by the nuts, he didnt suspend Shadybrady for the deflated balls. He suspended him for not cooperating but more importantly, he suspended him because he tampered with the integrity of the game. per what article 46 i believe Goodell mentioned. Which is where he has Shadybrady by his deflated balls.

Latest posts