BRADY/PATS PUNISHMENT OVER TURNED BY JUDGE. (Updated 9/3/15)

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
rigelian":34cthhsb said:
5_Golden_Rings":34cthhsb said:
This just keeps getting better and better...

Apparently Robert Kraft felt betrayed enough by Goodell to blow the whistle on NFL emails where it is revealed NFL personnel were leaking false information to tarnish the Pats prior to investigation.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/blogs/nfl- ... 14697.html
The Patriots accused the NFL of leaking the false information. There is nothing in the email chain that reveals that the NFL was leaking false information. What the Patriots were screaming about was the fact that the league didn't correct the erroneous ESPN story.
I love this circus. 8)
Keep the popcorn coming.
The Pats are screwing themselves and making themselves look like even worse in the process.

The league can mess with them in many ways after this.

Expect the number of "random drug tests" for the Patriots to go up.
If Gronk was smart (he isn't), he'd stop with the HGH and other PED's he's taking as he'd be "random" target #1.

The Patriots keep painting a larger target and on their back and every little compliant that other teams file against them will be fully investigated, unlike it was before.

Maybe they should just secede from the league, that would show the NFL. 8)

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
rigelian":bi1un01m said:
5_Golden_Rings":bi1un01m said:

Apparently Robert Kraft felt betrayed enough by Goodell to blow the whistle on NFL emails where it is revealed NFL personnel were leaking false information to tarnish the Pats prior to investigation.

The Patriots accused the NFL of leaking the false information. There is nothing in the email chain that reveals that the NFL was leaking false information. What the Patriots were screaming about was the fact that the league didn't correct the erroneous ESPN story.

Except that leaves you with only one explanation: Mortenson made it all up. Sorry, but I doubt that. He got that information from someone in the NFL. It could have just been a stupid mistake, but SOMEONE leaked it. Either way, refusing to correct the error looks just as bad.

The NFL screwed the pooch on this, as did Brady.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
5_Golden_Rings":3nsk8hfp said:
rigelian":3nsk8hfp said:
5_Golden_Rings":3nsk8hfp said:

Except that leaves you with only one explanation: Mortenson made it all up. Sorry, but I doubt that. He got that information from someone in the NFL. It could have just been a stupid mistake, but SOMEONE leaked it. Either way, refusing to correct the error looks just as bad.

The NFL screwed the pooch on this, as did Brady.
Easy solution, ban Brady for a few year for cheating/obstruction with no pay, Ban Goodell for a year no pay for botching this up. Problem solved!

A win-win in my eyes. 8)

BlackandGolden

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":21v5wmg8 said:
rigelian":21v5wmg8 said:
5_Golden_Rings":21v5wmg8 said:

I love this circus. 8)
Keep the popcorn coming.
The Pats are screwing themselves and making themselves look like even worse in the process.

The league can mess with them in many ways after this.

Expect the number of "random drug tests" for the Patriots to go up.
If Gronk was smart (he isn't), he'd stop with the HGH and other PED's he's taking as he'd be "random" target #1.

The Patriots keep painting a larger target and on their back and every little compliant that other teams file against them will be fully investigated, unlike it was before.

Maybe they should just secede from the league, that would show the NFL. 8)

Golly. They just need to give it up, admit the mistake, and move on without dragging this distraction into the season.

ringless

Reaction score
So if anyone has the cliff notes from the 400 page testimony feel free to share!

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Rog: Tawmy boy, there is evidence you had someone deflate footballs during a playoff game.

Tawmy: I am not a cheater.

Rog: Yes you are, then you lied about it, attempted to cover it up by destroying your cell phone.

Tawmy: Am not, no I didn't, and the destruction of my cell phone was just an accident and pure coincednce it happened on the same day I was testifying.

Rog: Not buying it Tawmy, that's a load of bull excrement, the 4 game suspension stands.

Tawmy: Wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, I'm a victim, wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

RichNhansom

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":334wnnkj said:
Rog: Tawmy boy, there is evidence you had someone deflate footballs during a playoff game.

Rog: Yes you are, then you lied about it, attempted to cover it up by destroying your cell phone.

Tawmy: Am not, no I didn't, and the destruction of my cell phone was just an accident and pure coincednce it happened on the same day I was testifying.

Rog: Not buying it Tawmy, that's a load of bull excrement, the 4 game suspension stands.

Tawmy: Wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, I'm a victim, wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Thanks SH, that clears some things up for me.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
RichNhansom":86ybkpkj said:
Sports Hernia":86ybkpkj said:

Thanks SH, that clears some things up for me.
Anytime! 8)

bostonhardo

Reaction score
rideaducati":1kzqhk26 said:
bostonhardo":1kzqhk26 said:

Great game. Congrats. Looking forward to a rematch if your team can get there...We will be waiting.

I don't see us there. Lost too much in secondary. Not just Revis and Browner ( who I was never a fan of) but also Arrington.

Good Luck to the Hawks as well.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Ron Burgundy":3d06hwwj said:
We play the Pats** in the season opener.

With Brady:
Pats** 52
Steelers 31

With Janeane Garafalo:
Steelers 31
Pats** 17
Your secondary must really be shite.

rideaducati

Reaction score
Scottemojo":2xwogeon said:
Ron Burgundy":2xwogeon said:

With Brady:
Pats** 52
Steelers 31

With Janeane Garafalo:
Steelers 31
Pats** 17

The steelers have a pretty good shot at having the worst defense in the league this year, but they also may have the best offense.

Maulbert

Reaction score
rideaducati":1l74uq0g said:
Scottemojo":1l74uq0g said:
Ron Burgundy":1l74uq0g said:

With Brady:
Pats** 52
Steelers 31

With Janeane Garafalo:
Steelers 31
Pats** 17

The steelers have a pretty good shot at having the worst defense in the league this year, but they also may have the best offense.

The first time that sentence has ever been uttered.

chris98251

Reaction score
LOL I saw an article about his testimony asking about the inflation level, he said he would never know because he doesn't grip a ball to throw it..........

Ok so when you hold it and throw it you don't have to grip it to accomplish that?