BREAKING NEWS: Percy Harvin Traded to Jets

Status
Not open for further replies.

drdiags

Reaction score
Maybe Bevell does read this board. I said reduce the gadget plays, not drop a nuclear bomb on the team. Time for the youngsters to step up. Where is Aros and his insider info? Curious minds want to know all the backroom crud.

I feel dirty, but I must admit I want the gossip. I love this team. GO HAWKS!

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Wow. Just. Wow.

My source is going to find out if we can get the real low down on what's been going on. Sounds to me like Harvin was a cancer the team had to remove.

hawk45

Reaction score
This FO has a pretty dismal record getting return for high round picks. This is a killer if true, they just threw a few more on the bonfire.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Yoonhawk":1lob92h0 said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/spotrac/status/523226941399126016[/tweet]

That sounds about right.

Something had to be seriously wrong with having him on our offense for them to do this. We could have sat him down just as easily as giving him away for a mid round pick

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
hawkpride":204sssn9 said:
ESPN breaking news on this states the reason is the trouble the Hawks have had on offence sense trying to implement him into the offensive scheme.

If that is truly the reason that is pretty pathetic and shows very little patience. If they can't figure out a way to use him get some offensive coaches with some damn brains

Yoonhawk

Reaction score
Hawknballs":16lh04hw said:
pehawk":16lh04hw said:
Good thing they drafted a dude who can, in a pinch, run in Percy's spot; Richardson.

I'm stoked!

you're stoked? that we threw away draft picks for nothing?

It's a sunk cost. If they decided that the extra cap space and a mid-rounder was worth more than what he was providing, then it was a good deal regardless of what they gave up.

entropyrulesall

Reaction score
I guess the rumors of him not knowing the playbook were true. We had to sell low because his injury and attitude issues have become apparent to the rest of the league. If he couldn't play under PC, he won't be successful for anyone.

Can't say Vikings' fans didn't warn us. What a shame that the Hawks took a chance on a dude and gave him a slick contract before he even practiced with the team. At least he's in the AFC now so we don't have to worry too much about him anymore.

The road to the SB just got exponentially more difficult but we did it last year largely without his services.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
Yoonhawk":3hclki8z said:
Hawknballs":3hclki8z said:
pehawk":3hclki8z said:
Good thing they drafted a dude who can, in a pinch, run in Percy's spot; Richardson.

I'm stoked!

It's a sunk cost. If they decided that the extra cap space and a mid-rounder was worth more than what he was providing, then it was a good deal regardless of what they gave up.

it's still nothing to be stoked about.

Jiggy

Reaction score
Well I guess we know where a size-able chunk of Wilson's money is coming from next year.

I am not to upset about this trade. The guy has come out of the huddle more then once with a confused look on his face. Like he didn't know what the play was going to be.

Don't want to play football, you go bye bye.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Traded 1, 3, 7 for Percy. Still on the hook for $8+ million in cap space. Lost Tate + other FA opportunities.

This is easily trumps Whitehurst and Flynn for worst Seahawks transaction under Schneider.

Wagon12

Reaction score
hawkpride":3nf27iyl said:
ESPN breaking news on this states the reason is the trouble the Hawks have had on offence sense trying to implement him into the offensive scheme.

This would constitute a Bevell problem, not a Percy one, no???

pehawk

Reaction score
Hawknballs":1g6mqpv6 said:
pehawk":1g6mqpv6 said:

I'm stoked!

For nothing? Last I checked the Hawks got a Lombardi. And, I don't fret over isht in the rearview.

I'm also a positive dude, this gives chances to good young players.

Oh, and maybe now they can get Mike Williams.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
Yoonhawk":1m3p9ujv said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/spotrac/status/523226941399126016[/tweet]

This is more important than him even being traded.

I know everyone's pissed now but I believe this will only help us in the long run, always were and always will be a run first team, can't be taking 10 plays from Lynch to run bubble screens to Percy.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
DavidSeven":war8whhd said:
Traded 1, 3, 7 for Percy. Still on the hook for $8+ million in cap space. Lost Tate + other FA opportunities.

This is easily trumps Whitehurst and Flynn for worst Seahawks transaction under Schneider.

No question. Unbelievably terrible trade all things considered. They just blew it.

hawk45

Reaction score
hawkpride":19te0l0v said:

If so this is a catastrophic failure from JS, Pete, and bevell. Bevell had him on Minnie for crying out loud.

I take it back it's a catastrophic failure by all no matter what.

Status
Not open for further replies.