Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
Sgt. Largent

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Pizza Mane":3ps8nphs said:
Brian Walters looked great running Percy's jet sweep last week!

You ain't gonna see anymore Jet sweeps my friend.

The writing is now on the wall, bring on the young guys and lets get back to running the ball down people's throats. Enough with the Oregon Duck nonsense offense.

TXHawk

Reaction score
Harvin is a head case and, frankly, hasn't done much for us this year other than the three called back TDs against the Skins. Too much of the offense revolved around Harvin or the threat he posed and really hasn't produced more than we were getting last year without him. I think they're cutting their losses and freeing up cap space for next year.

How many games did we win without Harvin last year? Chill.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
DavidSeven":2egxgwl7 said:
Traded 1, 3, 7 for Percy. Still on the hook for $8+ million in cap space. Lost Tate + other FA opportunities.

This is easily trumps Whitehurst and Flynn for worst Seahawks transaction under Schneider.

By a country mile.

Unbelievable.

bigwrm

Reaction score
Well at least they weren't too proud to recognize their mistake and make a bold move. It seems like Percy is a guy Pete was always enamored with and wanted at any cost. That trade and contract will now go down as the biggest mistake in the PC/JS era.

CANHawk

Reaction score
Sometimes you have to cut your arm off before you turn into a zombie. Can only assume this is for the best. Pete just knows shit.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
FWIW, the players seemed surprised.

[tweet]ttps://twitter.com/MoneyLynch/status/523228675353767936[/tweet]

Bob Loblaw

Reaction score
Percy Played 10 games for Seattle, which means he made over 2 million a game! He was guaranteed 25.5 million. That is the definition of a front office mistake. Oh and the 1st 3rd and 7th round picks, ouch

jkitsune

Reaction score
If the reasoning is because they 'couldn't fit him into the offense,' then they should have just remembered that he's a WR and played him like, you know, a WR.

I have to believe that's not the long and short of it. A scheme problem would've been an easier fix than trading him. Seems more like an attitude issue, and I wouldn't be surprised at all if that's what ADB was talking about on offense. "He's not a fit here" screams "he doesn't compete" to me. Especially after how he was on the sidelines for key plays.

Maybe it was the right decision at this point in time, but hard not to think about what could've been with those first rounders we lost.

At the very least, the team cut its losses early if that is the case.

drdiags

Reaction score
JS/PC must really want Idzik to hold onto his job. Hope it helps Rex hold onto his job, though I doubt it.

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
Missing_Clink":38sxo8dm said:
hawkpride":38sxo8dm said:
ESPN breaking news on this states the reason is the trouble the Hawks have had on offence sense trying to implement him into the offensive scheme.

If that is truly the reason that is pretty pathetic and shows very little patience. If they can't figure out a way to use him get some offensive coaches with some damn brains

No kidding. If they couldn't figure out how to involve him, then Percy wasn't the guy that should have been booted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts