Brees already crowning us NFC Champs??

Timberhawk

Reaction score
I was just watching NFL Insiders and they showed an interview with Brees. In it he says, "The next two out of four, two out of three games are against them (Carolina). So we know it's for the Division and possibly the number TWO seed."

I certainly haven't been counting our chickens, but thought it was interesting to hear Brees, who I think is amazing btw, say that. He is a smart guy and if he thinks they still have a shot at the one seed I think he would have said that. Anyway, here is to hoping that he is right:)

grizbob

Reaction score
I feel dissed, he didn't crown us Super Bowl Champs :mrgreen:

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
In order for the Saints (or the Panthers) to get the #1 seed, Seattle would have to lose all 4 of its remaining games. So, it's not a stretch to give them the HFA crown this early.

CurryStopstheRuns

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":1zk53n9t said:
In order for the Saints (or the Panthers) to get the #1 seed, Seattle would have to lose all 4 of its remaining games. So, it's not a stretch to give them the HFA crown this early.

Word

Cartire

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":16flrpin said:

We actually have to win two to secure it. If either saints or Carolina wins out and we only win won more, it 13 to 12.

Edit. Not trying to be downer either. It's very possible both those guys lose at least one more each which would mean we only need one win.

JonRud

Reaction score
The title on this thread is misleading. so he is crowining us the #1 seed [which makes sense], not the NFC Champs [which means we go to the Super Bowl].

now THAT would have been news!

Jville

Reaction score
JonRud":2q662l8q said:
The title on this thread is misleading. so he is crowining us the #1 seed [which makes sense], not the NFC Champs [which means we go to the Super Bowl].

now THAT would have been news!

I concur. That is a misleading post title.

Polaris

Reaction score
I think Brees is looking at things and figures his team is down three games to Seattle for HFA with four to play and is pretty much stating the obvious......he's essentially conceeding that Seattle will win HFA barring a complete Seattle meltdown. That's not the same as conceding the NFC Championship.

CANHawk

Reaction score
Well... He's not exactly crowning us NFC champs. He's conceding HFA. A bit of a difference. It doesn't mean he's scared, just that he's good at math. The odds of Seattle losing out and opening the door to take HFA away from us are pretty damn slim.

...now granted if we win HFA, the odds of anyone coming to our house and beating us are pretty slim too so, in a way, he has kind of crowned us NFC champs.

Thanks Drew!

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Cartire":3uqtxw70 said:
Sarlacc83":3uqtxw70 said:

We actually have to win two to secure it. If either saints or Carolina wins out and we only win won more, it 13 to 12.

Edit. Not trying to be downer either. It's very possible both those guys lose at least one more each which would mean we only need one win.

This is correct. If we go 1-3 and either CAR or NO win out, then we lose HFA. Obviously, this is unlikely, but none of our remaining games are exactly slam dunks either.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
AsylumGuido":2h4ycg22 said:
At this point I cannot see how you don't get HFA without a total collapse.

Happened to the Texans last year. Started 11-1 with a tie-breaker over the 3-loss Broncos.

They finished 1-3. Not only lost HFA, but lost the bye week.

AsylumGuido

Reaction score
DavidSeven":33f90xhd said:
AsylumGuido":33f90xhd said:
At this point I cannot see how you don't get HFA without a total collapse.

Happened to the Texans last year. Started 11-1 with a tie-breaker over the 3-loss Broncos.

They finished 1-3. Not only lost HFA, but lost the bye week.

Not going to happen to y'all. Can't see it.

pmedic920

Reaction score
As long as we are passing out crowns.
hehu9u8a.jpg

kidhawk

Reaction score
1-0 every week. We win this week and we take the NFC West title....then we can look at going 1-0 vs. the Giants for HFA

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
kidhawk":1unq4d9r said:
1-0 every week. We win this week and we take the NFC West title....then we can look at going 1-0 vs. the Giants for HFA

:13: We long time Hawk fans know what can happen at the end of the year. The good news is that we are in control of our own destiny.

Latest posts