Bring Wagner Back?

Re-sign Bobby Wagner for 2024

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ZagHawk

Reaction score
This team is NOT competing in 2024-2025. So you know what...bring him back at whatever cost. He'll at least be a good on field coach/leader for the rookie class of 2024.

Sun Tzu

Reaction score
Yes! Bobby is a good influence on the younger defensive players, he has been the best run defender on the team, and he's effective when blitzing. The poor coverage is a thing, but it's also exaggerated by casual fans who don't know what they're looking at or talking about. His coverage has been average to below average, not horrible. The issue has been having BW on the field in groupings with poor coverage safeties (Diggs, Adams, and Coby Bryant all have poor coverage grades). Bring BW back, upgrade the safeties (Love has been good in coverage so we're partway there), and get BW blitzing at a higher rate (he has 587 coverage snaps and 77 pass rush snaps).

ElvisInBlue

Reaction score
Chose depends on the price, but there’s also a huge ego factor.

If Wags has the mindset that he’s competing for the job and remains a good teammate even if the snaps drop off, works for me.

renofox

Reaction score
We should all jump on the Run It Back With Bobby bandwagon. PCJS will probably give him a 1-year $20M contract and Bobby will work out in the off-season and be able to run a 4.2 by the opener.

GREAT MOVE, PCJS!!!!!
🌈 🌈🌈🦄🦄🦄

Seahawker

Reaction score
For around 7M, absolutely YES.
Bobby needs to be here this offseason to help with the slew of drafted, undrafted, FA & walk on linebackers that will audition for the Hawks.
I absolutely do not trust our front office, scouts or coaches to find & train LBers to tackle. BW's experience, leadership and input will go a long way to fixing this and a helluva lot cheaper than what we were paying our safeties.
I know he may have lost a half a step but if we can truly upgrade three of the front 7, Bobby will be an (the) important centerpience for 24'.
Besides, he's a Probowler.

Nv_Hawks

Reaction score
Can he be player coach? He would be a great LB coach

CouchLogic

Reaction score
As a rotational, vet/teacher, backup roll...sure.

As a starter, I think those days are behind him at this point.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Yeah it needs to be a conditional question for me. Limited salary? To not have to take the majority of snaps? To be a great leader and teacher for the young bucks? Absolutely. But if it's for him to be expected to take the majority of snaps again and be asked to chase down Tight Ends, etc...Nope.

The man is a future Hall of Famer and Seahawks Legend but he's also a warrior on fumes.