Browner reinstated (Updates!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Basis4day

Reaction score
Marvin49":3jru3rzu said:
Is he a FA?

FA at the conclusion of this past season and was suspended but not released by the Hawks. I'd assume He's free to sign when FA starts.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Wow.

Incredible news.

I always have been biased because Browner might be one of my favorite Hawks of all time, certainly in the top five and I don't have a reasonable excuse as to why. He seems to crystallize everything the new Hawks are: Big, fast, violent and at first overlooked.

He and Kam are the originators of the Boom in the Legion of Boom. He made it clear that the job of defense was not just to prevent, but to punish.

I know everyone has their issues with the guy but I would love to see him back here, he made a mistake* but deserves to be a Hawk for as long as he wants. Specifically because he has been lights out, playing under an almost criminally undervalued contract.

(*Carroll mentioned once in being interviewed about legalization of marajuana that he felt it had a part to play in pain management. Anyone familiar with the punishment that players put themselves through, especially guys like Browner who are expected to use their bodies as battering rams, knows there is a price to be paid in damage to the body that accumulates over time. I cannot begrudge someone feeling like they need some release from that given I have been feasting on the fruits of their labor as a fan. Not saying that is the reason, but if it was....then I have a hard time judging)

Really stoked to hear the news.

Seeker

Reaction score
SaeM Pv2EHpaUl 1h6J8KgKeoiw9  Nzl4ieKaCIOzXFto21Ld

They should have just let him play before going the suspension route. now he has to wait all the way till next year to earn a ring.

Basis4day

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":tgtr4s5r said:
Awesome! I wonder if we're going to try and resign him? I don't think it's likely but you never know.

As part of the reinstatement there has to be a clear answer and rule about where he now falls in the Substance Abuse Program. If he faces any future suspension i doubt we make a go.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Good for him. I'm glad he'll have a chance to play again.

Now I hope we can bring him back on a reasonable deal. I think he would be a backup to Maxwell, but he'd be a great one to have.

Anthony!

Reaction score
Basis4day":16ol1ipk said:
MizzouHawkGal":16ol1ipk said:
Awesome! I wonder if we're going to try and resign him? I don't think it's likely but you never know.

As part of the reinstatement there has to be a clear answer and rule about where he now falls in the Substance Abuse Program. If he faces any future suspension i doubt we make a go.

Agreed and since he was suspended but not released doe she still become an A or is there some exclusion in the CBA

Seeker

Reaction score
I swear seattle is the most litigious city in sports.

- Sued NBA over spencer hawes - won
- Took NBA to court over sonics relocation in 2008 (mayor punked out)
- Took NBA to brink of decision with kings
- Fought NFL with sherms suspension - won
- Fought NFL with BB suspension - won

this city does NOT back down.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
"before he earned the ring?"

?!?!?!

You realize that Carolina game where he forced a fumble ended up being huge for us right?

That one game made a difference in giving us home field vs SF and probably impacted momentum past that.

Not to mention the other games he made a difference in.

Browner absolutely helped us get to the SB, let's not pretend he was some guy that just got the ring from wearing the jersey. He brought us some of those wins that allowed the Seahawks to be in the playoffs at home. Go back and watch the games.

He EARNED that ring with contributions that got us there. And he got screwed out of being there at the end, it does not diminish his importance in getting us there.

The Outfield

Reaction score
Seeker":1pvosn4x said:
SaeM Pv2EHpaUl 1h6J8KgKeoiw9  Nzl4ieKaCIOzXFto21Ld

They should have just let him play before going the suspension route. now he has to wait all the way till next year to earn a ring.

He earned a ring this year. He helped get us to the playoffs and he's getting an XLVIII ring, no question.

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
Seeker":1xz8ih0v said:
I swear seattle is the most litigious city in sports.

- Sued NBA over spencer hawes - won
- Took NBA to court over sonics relocation in 2008 (mayor punked out)
- Took NBA to brink of decision with kings
- Fought NFL with sherms suspension - won
- Fought NFL with BB suspension - won

this city does NOT back down.

First off, it was Spencer Haywood.

And you're leaving off the biggest lawsuit ever, over the Pilots which created the Mariners which is frankly a team I would sue to get rid off.

Jville

Reaction score
I love watching BB do his thing in front of a protesting Jim Harbaugh going nuts.

I can still see the memory of past episodes in my mind. :th2thumbs: It makes for great theater.

I want to see more.

Treefiddy

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":n5ebq45m said:
"before he earned the ring?"

?!?!?!

You realize that Carolina game where he forced a fumble ended up being huge for us right?

That one game made a difference in giving us home field vs SF and probably impacted momentum past that.

Not to mention the other games he made a difference in.

Browner absolutely helped us get to the SB, let's not pretend he was some guy that just got the ring from wearing the jersey. He brought us some of those wins that allowed the Seahawks to be in the playoffs at home. Go back and watch the games.

He EARNED that ring with contributions that got us there. And he got screwed out of being there at the end, it does not diminish his importance in getting us there.
Totally agree with this. I believe the team gave him a ring as well??

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
Awesome news.

Hope Browner either returns on the cheap-ish or gets signed to a huge deal elsewhere (so he can finally get paid and the hawks get a compensatory pick)

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Best play by Browner? Chasing AP from behind or laying the boom on 3 Cardinals on a Leon fair catch?

BillHawks

Reaction score
As others have said it depends on what level he gets placed in. The Hawks won't keep both Thurmond and Browner if they're both one strike away from major suspensions.

Browner and Talib in New England would be fun to watch.

jkitsune

Reaction score
Wow. Good for him. Very well-deserved, and a major, major event for that young man's life.

pmedic920

Reaction score
This is good news. Happy for BB:)

Not sure how the future will shake down for him but I do know that I don't want us to have to play against him twice a year.

VivaEfrenHerrera

Reaction score
The really sad thing is that the NFL had to know it had nothing from the git-go. This was never going to stand up. And they also knew that when they eventually caved, BB would have to take the deal. They got their licks in, which seems to be all this was ever about.

They effed Browner simply because they could, which is about as sh!tty as it gets. :(

Hey, you know that life-long dream you've had of playing in a Super Bowl? Sucks to be you, doesn't it? U mad bro?

Status
Not open for further replies.