Browner reinstated (Updates!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigtrain21

Reaction score
-The Glove-":3l0s2hci said:
Best play by Browner? Chasing AP from behind or laying the boom on 3 Cardinals on a Leon fair catch?

I loved the strip vs Carolina in 2012. The one where he covered both the qb and the pitch man and then stripped it when it was pitched.

Natethegreat

Reaction score
I created a thread a while ago wondering if he would convert to Strong Safety and be Kams back up(and also play in nickle and dime packages). Wonder if that would be possible now. I doubt he gets huge interest as a corner out there with suspensions looming over him but who knows maybe he does. I would love to see one of the guys who actually does bring the boom stay here.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
bigtrain21":22i45x8u said:
-The Glove-":22i45x8u said:
Best play by Browner? Chasing AP from behind or laying the boom on 3 Cardinals on a Leon fair catch?

I loved the strip vs Carolina in 2012. The one where he covered both the qb and the pitch man and then stripped it when it was pitched.

Yes! That was incredible. Cam didn't know what to do

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
Treefiddy":3iubgdhm said:
TwistedHusky":3iubgdhm said:
"before he earned the ring?"

?!?!?!

You realize that Carolina game where he forced a fumble ended up being huge for us right?

That one game made a difference in giving us home field vs SF and probably impacted momentum past that.

Not to mention the other games he made a difference in.

Browner absolutely helped us get to the SB, let's not pretend he was some guy that just got the ring from wearing the jersey. He brought us some of those wins that allowed the Seahawks to be in the playoffs at home. Go back and watch the games.

He EARNED that ring with contributions that got us there. And he got screwed out of being there at the end, it does not diminish his importance in getting us there.
Totally agree with this. I believe the team gave him a ring as well??

Except Browner wasn't playing in that game. It was Thomas or Thurmond that made that fumble. Browner missed the Niners game too. Both of them
He did get the awesome Carolina strip in 2012 though.

If he was available for the Niner game in SF I think the Hawks would have won. Of course Max got his shot because of it.

Rainger

Reaction score
Seeker":oyfb4f0n said:
I swear seattle is the most litigious city in sports.

- Sued NBA over spencer hawes - won
- Took NBA to court over sonics relocation in 2008 (mayor punked out)
- Took NBA to brink of decision with kings
- Fought NFL with sherms suspension - won
- Fought NFL with BB suspension - won

this city does NOT back down.
You must have forgotten another one, sued MLB over the move of the Pilots won which lead to expansion team called the mariners.

Our Man in Chicago

Reaction score
Basis4day":1n1ftmzg said:
He had a very strong potential lawsuit. The NFL was wise to resolve this in this manner.

That's what I'm thinking. He could still bring a suit, however.

plyka

Reaction score
I almost feel like I've been reinstated into the NFL. Awesome for Browner! I feel really good for him. We don't know the details yet, from what I read, but let's hope he is fully reinstated and won't be suspended another game.

And to all the "Hawk fans" who bashed and thrashed Browner and said he got what he deserved, etc...here is an f u from me :th2thumbs:

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Browner is a RFA, so he could be kept for another year at a comparatively cheap price.

Jville

Reaction score
jammerhawk":35tg4l0n said:
Browner is a RFA, so he could be kept for another year at a comparatively cheap price.

Brandon Browner is scheduled to become an unrestricted free agent on the 11th.
One of many sources >>>> [urltargetblank]http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/seahawks/2014/03/04/brandon-browner-seattle-reinstated-substance-abuse-free-agent/6039557/[/urltargetblank]

ivotuk

Reaction score
Browner come home!! Please!!

Man this is FABULOUS news! :thirishdrinkers: Let's go celebrate! With kool-aid and cupcakes.

Now that we've freed the Kraken, let's release him on opposing teams!

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Evil_Shenanigans":1f4dwjcy said:
Justice! Oddly enough this happened a week after I added my sig!
So... You did this? Who are you going to free next?

A

Anonymous

The pick-six against the Giants was my favorite Browner play...

[youtube]pGNbekuclIA[/youtube]

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
Anthony!":2jee344q said:
Hmm interesting, will the Hawks try to bring him back?

I don't think we need him. Not as a starter and I don't think he would do anything but be willing to start here.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":27iirshq said:
Told ya it was a slam dunk! Rog and the NFL saw it too, that's why they backed off! I'd still sue for the lost paychecks at the minimum if I'm him though.
You damned straight.

chris98251

Reaction score
So once again we have a large selection in the Pantry. I think we lose Walter, unless both Browner and Thurmond take medicore deals.

Jax knows what we have and I am sure would offer up a reasonable contract that other teams may not, they know that system and could insert and start tomorrow. I could see them with one of our CB's and Safety.

PlinytheCenter

Reaction score
VivaEfrenHerrera":2zvccfdm said:
The really sad thing is that the NFL had to know it had nothing from the git-go. This was never going to stand up. And they also knew that when they eventually caved, BB would have to take the deal. They got their licks in, which seems to be all this was ever about.

They effed Browner simply because they could, which is about as sh!tty as it gets. :(

Hey, you know that life-long dream you've had of playing in a Super Bowl? Sucks to be you, doesn't it? U mad bro?

That's how it seemed to me too. The NFL acting like a petulant child and BB getting screwed over just because. I'm VERY happy for him and I hope he lands here or somewhere with a very fat contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.