But who's on Russ' podcast this week????

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Has he been to a SuperBowl since he started all these external ventures?

Has he even won a single non-wildcard game in the playoffs?

Do these ventures take time from his calendar or commitment or are they external staff where he is essentially the figurehead? Some of them seem to require a fair amount of prep or involvement.

I won't dispute that for years Carroll has held Wilson back to some extent, so maybe that is it. But there seems to be a lot less success in one area as involvement in other areas continue to climb.

Again, I didn't think it was sustainable to continue that kind of commitment. But to continue to insist that a half-decade of near futility in the playoffs is no big deal or not impacted by all these other commitments that clamor for both time and focus? That seems a bit more like whistling past the graveyard.

It feels reasonable to ask, have the distractions impacted his commitment of hours, energy, and focus in way that impacts the success of the team? And would the involvement of these distractions impact the commitment of other team members that might ask that very same question?

There is no need to make an assumption.

It is almost an absolute certainty that he is putting in less time now than he was in those days. Because he was putting near every waking moment in back then. By his own account. I don't hold him to that standard now, but if you want to believe the time commitments are the same you are deluding yourself. Nobody is asking him to continue or restart that. But it is laughable some of you want to believe it is unchanged.

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
He def is not putting in same hours as his younger days. Is he still putting in work? Yes. We got spoiled by russ and pete winning chip so early in Russ's career. We are always making the playoffs which for us older hawk fans is still special.

Flyingsquad23

Reaction score
He has flaws, he has terrible games, and he has only been to two SB’s(both only because of the LOB) :sarcasm_on:
See, I can do it also.
I will ask again...
How many hours a day do you feel he needs to punch a time card for in his preparation?

Jerhawk

Reaction score
What Wilson does on his own time is his own business. I didn't hear anyone complaining about spending every Tuesday at Seattle Children's.

Kyler Murray streams on Twitch all the time. A lot of these guys do a ton of community service.

But you guys want to get bent out of shape over a podcast? C'mon guys.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":djf3tzs8 said:
Has he been to a SuperBowl since he started all these external ventures?

Has he even won a single non-wildcard game in the playoffs?

Do these ventures take time from his calendar or commitment or are they external staff where he is essentially the figurehead? Some of them seem to require a fair amount of prep or involvement.

I won't dispute that for years Carroll has held Wilson back to some extent, so maybe that is it. But there seems to be a lot less success in one area as involvement in other areas continue to climb.

Again, I didn't think it was sustainable to continue that kind of commitment. But to continue to insist that a half-decade of near futility in the playoffs is no big deal or not impacted by all these other commitments that clamor for both time and focus? That seems a bit more like whistling past the graveyard.

It feels reasonable to ask, have the distractions impacted his commitment of hours, energy, and focus in way that impacts the success of the team? And would the involvement of these distractions impact the commitment of other team members that might ask that very same question?

There is no need to make an assumption.

It is almost an absolute certainty that he is putting in less time now than he was in those days. Because he was putting near every waking moment in back then. By his own account. I don't hold him to that standard now, but if you want to believe the time commitments are the same you are deluding yourself. Nobody is asking him to continue or restart that. But it is laughable some of you want to believe it is unchanged.

His last 3 seasons have been far and away the best of his career, so maybe the scaled back commitment you're so sure of has actually been good for him.

Seriously. Since 2018, he has been head and shoulders above the rest of his career, other than 2015, play-wise.

hoxrox

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":w5seaiuc said:
His last 3 seasons have been far and away the best of his career, so maybe the scaled back commitment you're so sure of has actually been good for him.

Seriously. Since 2018, he has been head and shoulders above the rest of his career, other than 2015, play-wise.

I think most of us are just talking about the reason behind his poor play in the last 4-5 games, as it pertains to this season. It doesn't matter what he did in the past, or even in the first five games. It matters what he will do this Sunday, the rest of the season, and into the playoffs.

We want to know what needs to happen for him to get out of his slump.

All I've heard from him after a string of bad games is to "stay the course" That course isn't looking too good right now.

He has all the pieces back to play at a high level again, so at this point, the onus is on Russell to play up to his $35 million contract. No more excuses.

John63

Reaction score
hoxrox":21x02r05 said:
Maelstrom787":21x02r05 said:

I think most of us are just talking about the reason behind his poor play in the last 4-5 games, as it pertains to this season. It doesn't matter what he did in the past, or even in the first five games. It matters what he will do this Sunday, the rest of the season, and into the playoffs.

All I've heard from him after a string of bad games is to "stay the course" That course isn't looking too good right now.

He has all the pieces back to play at a high level again, so at this point, the onus is on Russell to play up to his $35 million contract. No more excuses.

again has not been the last 4-5 games

It has been 2 of the last 5 bad, 1 of last 5 okay and 2 actually good

So last game bad Qb rating 78, 62% compl, 263 yards 1 td 1 int 1 fumble BAD
Philly game 103 qb rating, 71% complt, 230 yards 1 td GOOD
AZ game 120 Qb rating, 82% compt, 2 tds, 197 yards GOOD
Rams game Qb rating 57 BAD
Buff game 95 Qb rating, 390 yards, 58% complt, 2 tds, 2 ints okay

so not 4-5 more like 23 and ye she has played bad in those 2-3.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
I honestly think he's putting in similar amounts of time but literally just losing sleep/recovery with the added responsibilities in his life and now he's burning out. How many people here have had kids? *raises hand*, how many people here have had kids, tried to do your work to the same extent AND picked up a new hobby on top? *raises hand* did anything suffer such as sleep? did that lack of sleep suddenly catch up to your ass a few months in? *nods head* Did that burn out start to show its ugly head somewhere among all your responsibilities in life (marriage, fatherhood, job, hobby)?

RW is a tremendously sucessful person, successful people do NOT sit on free time. I'm sure if any of you run a succcesful business or know anyone "Successful", you know this to be true. His new responsibilities in life take up time. Something had to give in his life, once again I bet it's his sleep/recovery and it's starting to rear it's ugly head.

Before any of you get all up in arms about him having the right to pursue hobbies and be a father..NO ONE IS STATING HE DOES NOT HAVE THAT RIGHT....and especially me, FAMILY > ALL. But we're just making sense of what we're seeing out there.

Scorpion05

Reaction score
zchurch74":3q9a632h said:
EXACTLY!!! Finally someone who gets it. Russ is too series about his $h!t off the field then on it.

Yea he invests a million in his body, more than any other QB outside of Brady because he wastes his time instead on podcasts. Also that’s what his weekly scouting reports for his receivers are for. Podcasts

olyfan63

Reaction score
John63":1c9q7gfn said:
hoxrox":1c9q7gfn said:
Maelstrom787":1c9q7gfn said:

again has not been the last 4-5 games

It has been 2 of the last 5 bad, 1 of last 5 okay and 2 actually good

So last game bad Qb rating 78, 62% compl, 263 yards 1 td 1 int 1 fumble BAD
Philly game 103 qb rating, 71% complt, 230 yards 1 td GOOD
AZ game 120 Qb rating, 82% compt, 2 tds, 197 yards GOOD
Rams game Qb rating 57 BAD
Buff game 95 Qb rating, 390 yards, 58% complt, 2 tds, 2 ints okay

so not 4-5 more like 23 and ye she has played bad in those 2-3.

Russell had a fumble or two IIRC in the Buffalo game, so Russell being responsible for 3 TOs in the same game is unprecedented.

OP
OP
gowazzu02

gowazzu02

Reaction score
The answer is Dwayne wade.....oh he was also on barstool sports podcast pardon my take......

KinesProf

Reaction score
Really good interview on PMT today I thought, at least by Russ' interview standards. Big Cat and PFT have a knack for getting the best out of their guests.