Calling it Now - Save This Post!

OP
OP
W

Welshers

I'm in the middle. There's a reason Russ chose Denver. They have very good deep ball wr's. And that's Russell's game. He will make alot of big plays this year throwing deep to them. But it also will take about a whole season to gel. New head coach, new Qb, new schemes. = 8-8 or 8-9
How ever many regular season games there is now I forget. I see them starting hot and then fizzling in the end.
Welcome back Fresno! I noticed you're typing normally now. How many accounts do you have on this website?

@Sports Hernia he had another account from 2010 with no posts! lol!

nanomoz

Reaction score
If he wins the MVP what do we get?

KinesProf

Reaction score
I think he's still a very good QB, but it's pretty clear he's been on a descending trajectory, and he's the 3rd best QB in a brutal division. It'll be tough. I think he'll play better than their record will indicate.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
I am betting he struggles out of the gate, then suddenly catches fire and goes on a tear latter half of the season.

And in doing, takes a lot of flack the 1st half of the season.

Then goes to the playoffs and gets a win.

Finally, goes off next year and is in the MVP race as a darkhorse, capped off by a win in the division game. (loss in the conference game).

keasley45

Reaction score
Those stats are for conversions. 3rd down that actually got first downs. Its worthless to complete a pass if you dont convert. Wilson was just as good as the QB greats/HOF at the time.

That's why i put Geno's great ratings on 3rd down but awful 3rd down conversion.

Interested to know where you got your stats. Did the same research and was confirmed not long ago by another member that Russ has been middle of the pack. Check the thread i linked and the write up. He's the only guy that between 1-11 yards, of the elite qbs that regularly ranks outside the top to per season.

toffee

Reaction score
I'm putting it in writing now so there's evidence I called it once it comes true! As always haters will try to rewrite history and say I didn't nail my prediction! This will show them!

Russ is gonna be a BUST in 2022! Mr. 3 and OUT had a pff grade of 18th qb in the league last year! Denver has hamstrung themselves with a giant contract!

His play has fallen off a cliff since the second half of 2020! Trust me. Denver won't make the playoffs. I'll eat crow if I'm wrong, but I won't be! I look forward to bumping this thread after dot net conspiracy theorists try to discredit me!

RUSSELL "3 n OUT" Wilson will be a huge disappointment and miss the playoffs in the 22-23 season! Mark my words!
Russ's chance of going deep in Denver has a 2 years window, this and next season. If he couldn't, he wouldn't. At that point, his social/locker issues, his age and quickness issues will catch up to him, his game based too much on his athleticism, Russ is no Brady.

In case you have to eat crow, this is a way to cook it, and I recommend pairing them with Pinots.

Last edited:

toffee

Reaction score
That's a fallacy in any of these discussions, no QB carries a team.

The other position groups and phases of the game are too important. Russ was full of crap when he said that.

Dude played with an all time great defense, awesome special teams and a HOF caliber RB.

And as soon as those parts of the team left? Yep, no more carrying huh.
No QB can single-handedly carry a game, BUT, QB can certainly single-handedly lose a game all by himself. It's like pitching in baseball.

Last edited:

RiverDog

Reaction score
Denver is in a tough division, and they have the misfortune of playing the toughest division in the NFC, at least based on last season's results. I will be surprised if they make the playoffs. My take is that they go 7-9. We stand a good chance of landing a top 10 pick from them again.

As far as what to expect a week from this Monday, I couldn't say. We looked downright awful during the preseason even though we played more starters and players expected to contribute more than our opponents. However, we have a tendency, especially in the offseason, to look at our team in a vacuum without taking into consideration what's going on with our opponents.

keasley45

Reaction score
Those stats are for conversions. 3rd down that actually got first downs. Its worthless to complete a pass if you dont convert. Wilson was just as good as the QB greats/HOF at the time.

That's why i put Geno's great ratings on 3rd down but awful 3rd down conversion.

I think your stats include running for conversions. It's known that Russ can do this. Also already credited that he was best when he ran, and our offense less likely to be defeated by simple coverages. He neutered that threat himself, but for in late half 2 minute drives.

When he doesn't, and when passing for 3rd downs, he's squarely middle of the pack and has been worse than that mark as often as he's been better than it.

If that fact is aggravating, take it out on Russ for wanting to be solely a pocket passer and going away from the aspect of his game that truly made him consistently DangeRuss.

rcaido

Reaction score
I think your stats include running for conversions. It's known that Russ can do this. Also already credited that he was best when he ran, and our offense less likely to be defeated by simple coverages. He neutered that threat himself, but for in late half 2 minute drives.

When he doesn't, and when passing for 3rd downs, he's squarely middle of the pack and has been worse than that mark as often as he's been better than it.

If that fact is aggravating, take it out on Russ for wanting to be solely a pocket passer and going away from the aspect of his game that truly made him consistently DangeRuss.
Only passing stats. Its in https://www.pro-football-reference.com/

Ruminator

Reaction score
Whatever the result is, it's probably going to be one of the weirdest Week 1 games in Seahawk history.

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
Russ will ball out and put up killer stats and win games.

HagFaithful

Reaction score
Russ is going to put up 300 yds and 3 TDs vs the Hawks Monday night. Then Denver will start playing good teams and Russ will falter. Broncos miss the playoffs, protecting Russ becomes the focus for Denver in the offseason.

OP
OP
W

Welshers

Aging like fine wine baby!!! Russ was a joke tonight!!!

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
I mean yeah they lost, but he was 29/42 340 yards and a TD?
Look at Payton Manning's stat line from our super bowl win. You'll see similar type numbers (minus the turnovers, though Russ should have been picked a least once).

Both were losses for the superstar QBs.