Calling it Now - Save This Post!

keasley45

Reaction score
Anyone got Russ's post game presser?
He's seriously bought into his 'most interesting man in the world' show. Its seriously odd and embarrassing for him to stand up there every other time there's a mic in his face and repeat that he has no doubt how good he is. You know what kind of people do that? People who are insecure about how good they are. Constantly repeating... especially after your team just got beat... that you know you're great? 'I didnt waver'... 'I know who I am'...?? Its weird and getting weirder.

And to take the time to emphasize that he still believes in coach Hackett... I mean, either he's just that tone def, or he's THAT self absorbed. Could be completely unintentional, but his phrasing made whatever criticism of Hackett seem valid.

There's a level of consciousness there (and insecurity) about self image that is startling. Its bizarre to watch.

kidhawk

Reaction score
OP
OP
W

Welshers

I think he’ll have one of his best statistical seasons ever.
This will only happen if he gets injured. Wilson is a winner no matter where he goes. I see the Broncos winning 12 to 14 games this year.

If the Broncos continues to make the playoffs for the next 5 years and we dont make it in 5 years we obviously did the wrong move. Probably the worse Seattle sports move in history. Right there w/ not resigning Randy Johnson and trading Scottie Pippen for Olden Polynice.
Sigh.. .his play did not fall off a cliff.

Until he hurt his hand on Aaron Donald, Russ had a QB rating of 125 on the season, which I believe was leading the league. He was passing for 70% completions, ten TDs to just one INT.

He was awful in his first three games back against GB, AZ, and WASH. And was pretty decent from then on, except for the second Rams game.

If Cover 2 is the magic formula that teams supposedly figured out mid season in 2020 to stop Russ, then how come it didn't work in 2021 while he was healthy?

The Broncos should feel optimistic that if Russ can stay healthy, he should have a great season.
Well, well, well....

HATE TO SAY I TOLD YOU SO

toffee

Reaction score
Russ is thin skinned, he had a smooth path and was protected the entire pro career by his HC Pete, who ridded the entire defense to protect him. He was never booed, he was seldom critiqued, when things went wrong, Pete was there to take the shit. Does Wilson has the mental toughness to face a hostile locker room? To face the national media?

His confidence is, well, gone. Can he rebound? I don't think so.

Pete Carroll TKO his confidence in the MNF

Ruminator

Reaction score
Also the worst trade ever (Denver) that happens to be especially crushing for the organization and its fans knowing they might be in for a long loss-filled season that will NOT be assuaged by having picks to look forward to in the first two rounds of the 2023 draft.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Damn Welsh, you love you some you. Like Sherman level. But so far, you were FINALLY right about something. Good, better draft picks for us.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
I really don't have anything against Russ, except the BS religious stuff. And that he is with Denver. And that he is continuing to make the same errors he was making here. Meanwhile he is doing us right by losing to us and losing in Denver. Hope the trend continues as I'm on puns and needles to see what we come up with in the next draft. Our haul this year is looking like it's just a matter of time until they gel. I expect more of the same until about '24. THEN we can grade our FO and their foresight. Trying to downgrade them now, in the beginning phase, is disingenuous and shortsighted.

OP
OP
W

Welshers

Damn Welsh, you love you some you. Like Sherman level. But so far, you were FINALLY right about something. Good, better draft picks for us.
Well would you look at this! SoulfishHawk taking shots at me! As predictable as Russell Wilson and a 3 n out!

Not a good look for you Soul. My predictions have consistently been dead on! I said baker would be a panther and that geno would start! And now I predicted Mr limiteds downfall!

Not a good look for you! Sad!

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Dude, get over it man. I can't even mess with you without you freaking out. Breathe in man. The dude is gone, and it's a good thing. Move on.
Don't hurt yourself patting yourself on the back. Like I said, you love you some you, and that's cool. Do your thing. I know you think you're a god and stuff, but are you really THIS sensitive?

Anthony!
Sources!
Look at me!!!!!!!

Last edited:
OP
OP
W

Welshers

Dude, get over it man. I can't even mess with you without you freaking out. Breathe in man. The dude is gone, and it's a good thing. Move on.
Don't hurt yourself patting yourself on the back. Like I said, you love you some you, and that's cool. Do your thing. I know you think you're a god and stuff, but are you really THIS sensitive?
Wow SoulfishHawk you're really misreading me! I dont take anything on the internet serious in fact I'm having a great laugh!

I actually enjoy sparring with you!

OP
OP
W

Welshers

Anthony!
Sources!
Look at me!!!!!!!
But yes Russell hurt me like no athlete ever has! I've moved on from our standpoint but the fact is he's been exposed! I will point that out and cheer against him yntil we get our draft pick, after that I could care less