Camp Fights

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Couldn't agree more, jammer. They'll handle this in-house, with hopefully the veterans laying down the law rather than the coaching staff. We need both Clark and Ifedi to make big contributions this season. They don't have to be buddies, but they should have the same common goal.

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
This whole thing has been blown completely out of proportion. Unless Clark suffered a knee injury from it, there really isn't a story. Ifedi is by all accounts just fine. A little lip bleed? That's not an injury-that's basically nothing.

Real interesting how on most stories, people are hesitant to voice any speculation-"we have to wait till we have all the facts." Yet here, most everyone couldn't wait to jump all over Clark like he's Harvin or some other villian. Poor ole Ifedi? Wrong. We then hear from 710/ESPN witnesses who saw how Ifedi was playing dirty and shoved Clark in the back.

Bennett smacked Ifedi around last year in camp for a reason-he is a loudmouth, cocky, overrated, underperforming jackass who frankly is one of those people who needs to have his ass kicked to be humbled.

"Oh but Clark crossed the line." BS. Again, unless there was an actual injury that placed someone on IR, do people really think this is going to affect the team come the start of the season? Middle of the season? Of course not.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
West TX Hawk":2246s9vy said:
This whole thing has been blown completely out of proportion. Unless Clark suffered a knee injury from it, there really isn't a story. Ifedi is by all accounts just fine. A little lip bleed? That's not an injury-that's basically nothing.

Real interesting how on most stories, people are hesitant to voice any speculation-"we have to wait till we have all the facts." Yet here, most everyone couldn't wait to jump all over Clark like he's Harvin or some other villian. Poor ole Ifedi? Wrong. We then hear from 710/ESPN witnesses who saw how Ifedi was playing dirty and shoved Clark in the back.

Bennett smacked Ifedi around last year in camp for a reason-he is a loudmouth, cocky, overrated, underperforming jackass who frankly is one of those people who needs to have his ass kicked to be humbled.

"Oh but Clark crossed the line." BS. Again, unless there was an actual injury that placed someone on IR, do people really think this is going to affect the team come the start of the season? Middle of the season? Of course not.
Humbled?....My ass, Ifedi shoving Clark in the back, just might have been a counter-reaction, and if a few of the Ifedi detractors weren't there to witness WHO was at fault, (like a neutral ESPN :177692: ), how can you or anyone else lay the blame on him for the altercation?
Ifedi obviously isn't a pacifist, eh? who would have guessed.
Time for ALL players to man-up.
If I remember correctly, Clark had a red flag in the Draft that kept him from being drafted in the first round...Just sayin'.

toffee

Reaction score
Anyone at the practice? How did our OL do other than Ifedi had a fight and got punched.

hawk45

Reaction score
The fact that one year after Ifedi was a high draft pick he is being dismissed as irrelevant pisses me off. What the eff is with this franchise and tackles.

He'd better not be just a backup tackle or another reach who ends up at guard. Great that jack of all trades pocic might be okay there, but carpenter, Britt, Ifedi, they were all drafted specifically to play RT. We suck so hard at OT it's unbelievable.

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
hawk45":3me2s0d0 said:
The fact that one year after Ifedi was a high draft pick he is being dismissed as irrelevant pisses me off. What the eff is with this franchise and tackles.

He'd better not be just a backup tackle or another reach who ends up at guard. Great that jack of all trades pocic might be okay there, but carpenter, Britt, Ifedi, they were all drafted specifically to play RT. We suck so hard at OT it's unbelievable.

This era of fantasy football and instant gratification is killing football. Do people think most come into a NFL front line first season and do great. I am sure a few select do but is not the norm. Lets give the guy another season or two before we start throwing the baby out with he bath water.

hawk45

Reaction score
It's the track record at the position, not fantasy football. And if Ifedi doesnt retain the starting position over Pocic, just what is the trajectory for him to get better at RT? We haven't seen one single home grown player from Carp to Britt to Gilliam, improve there and stick.

Ifedi needs to win that job over the multi purpose Pocic.

hawknation2017

Reaction score
I liked it better when this sort of gossip used to stay "in-house." Now a training camp fight is national news? LOL.

Both Ifedi and Clark acted stupidly here. Ifedi, I recall reading somewhere, ran into the scrum first, in a drill he was not participating in at the time, to mix it up with some of the defensive linemen. So Clark decked him . . . stupid is as stupid does. Stuff happens in training camp. We need both of these guys to play great this year; push each other to become better.

HawkGA

Reaction score
Coug_Hawk08":2zmvkzqb said:
Clark injury would be devastating, knee brace is concerning. Ifedi, not so much, pretty much mr irrelevant.

I'm starting to wonder if Ifedi did something that injured Clark's knee and that's why Clark punched him. Seems like a strange coincidence for the the knee brace to come after practice and for both to still be held out. My guess: Ifedi hurt Clark's knee and is being held out until Clark can return.

LolaRox

Reaction score
According to reports, neither Clark or Ifedi are practicing again today and Frank is still wearing the brace. This the 3rd day in a row for no practice for them. So unless Ifedi is hurt and can't practice it appears he is being disciplined, which would mean he wasn't innocent in this.

There is definitely more to the story than observers first reported.

ringless

Reaction score
ApnaHawk":366c6m57 said:
This is how you want your players to be. This is a tough sport man.

Pete has kicked players out in the past and still does when they're out of line. When it's the 4th quarter in the game, would you rather have someone like Clark next to you in the fight or some soft d-lineman?

When I read this I thought I was on the wrong forum of a Jeff Fisher coached team.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
ringless":n388cg6x said:
ApnaHawk":n388cg6x said:
This is how you want your players to be. This is a tough sport man.

Pete has kicked players out in the past and still does when they're out of line. When it's the 4th quarter in the game, would you rather have someone like Clark next to you in the fight or some soft d-lineman?

When I read this I thought I was on the wrong forum of a Jeff Fisher coached team.

:stirthepot: :smilie=angry016.gif: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

OP
OP
Seymour

Seymour

Reaction score
LolaRox":1zog5d39 said:
According to reports, neither Clark or Ifedi are practicing again today and Frank is still wearing the brace. This the 3rd day in a row for no practice for them. So unless Ifedi is hurt and can't practice it appears he is being disciplined, which would mean he wasn't innocent in this.

There is definitely more to the story than observers first reported.

Disciplined?
That would be fining him and making him do extra work.
3 days off with pay hurts the team and stalls his meager progress.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Anybody still "love the passion" of these guys? This idiotic tough guy crap could very well cost this team 2 starters. And even if it doesn't, it is just plain stupid.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
hawkfan68":3nbpocsd said:
scutterhawk":3nbpocsd said:
hawkfan68":3nbpocsd said:
getnasty":3nbpocsd said:
Frank Clark was also involved in a scrum earlier in the week with Joekel so let's not at like he's innocent. At the end of the day it went to far but it's over. Chew Frank Clark a new one, make him apologize and more on.

This was from last season's TC regarding Ifedi - looks like he's doing the same this year too. http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...ed-out-of-seahawks-practice-after-altercation.

Yes, other players need to handle it better but Ifedi doesn't seem to learn from mistakes.

So Ifedi should be the whooping boy for the attacking Defense???
As I see it, Ifedi doesn't cotton to taking shit from the Seahawks All Star Defense, ain't that what we want from ALL our Offensive Linemen??????.
What I'm not hearing from all the O-Line detractors, is that the O-Line is making big strides towards getting better at protecting Russell Wilson, and blowing holes for our RB's to run through.
Doing what they need to do to progress to the next level, and quell all the negative bullshit about their ineffectiveness.
What with all the Defensive players that we have brought in from the Draft and FA, many folks here are excited, and anticipating how good the Defense just might be this Season, and I am one of Y'all, but speaking frankly, I want to see some O-Linemen take it to the next tier, because I guarantee you, our NFC WEST rivals are going to come out swinging hard, so our Offensive Line will need to Ifedi at every position, eh?

Starting fights in practice don't equate to opening holes in the running game and making strides on OL. More people are making Clark to be the bad guy when repeatedly it's mentioned that ifedi is involved with a lot more fighting than anyone else. When there's a fight in Seahawks practice I'd bet 99% of time Ifedi had a hand in it.
He wasn't Drafted to be the Seahawks Punching Bag, standing up for ones self, and not taking shit from others isn't a bad thing.
We were all content when Breno The Giecomeanie (LOL) dished out the nasty when Defensive players were hammering at him to get to our Quarterback.
Ifedi was used at RG, playing out of his natural position, and just maybe that's why he didn't put up his best performances.
I get your slight on Ifedi, but it's based off of a preconceived negative speculation.
If he is indeed pushing the envelope, and crossing lines, I think Pete & Co. will rein him in, or ship him out.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Seymour":3qwhz8jx said:
3 days off with pay hurts the team and stalls his meager progress.

I believe players do have their salary docked when they miss practices due to being disciplined.

The Breh

Reaction score
Why do you guys keep calling it a sucker punch ??
Like 2 guys getting mixed up on a field and no one saw it coming ?
Like Ifedi didn't instigate or could hold his own ?

Sounds like Ifedi is just as pussy as the rest of his Oline members play.
Get his soft ass outta here. He's been trash from day one.

toffee

Reaction score
So it was 1st team O against 2nd team D, and 1st team D against 2nd team O. How did Ifedi Clark confrontation start? Was ifedi playing with 2nd team O?