Cardinals Daryl Washington suspended for 2014 season

DavidSeven

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":1ivpt0sx said:
I'm not speculating anything. I'm passing on what they are talking about on 710 ESPN, THEY think that Lynch could still get some kind of suspension.

Would be shocked if the league handed down anything for Money's "wet reckless" plea. Seems like they would have already announced it by now if they were. But I'm not listening right now, so I don't know what they're specifically talking about.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
Suspended a year for smoking a doobie. Yes, he was idiotic, but so is this policy.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
While I completely agree that marijuana shouldn't be a banned substance, we have to remember that we have no evidence whatsoever that anybody's substance abuse suspensions are for weed. The NFL never says what item on the list the suspension is for, so of course every player is going to claim weed because most people don't give a crap about weed. He could have tested positive for a hallucinogen, heroin, crack, meth, or something as innocuous as Sudafed. They can't even take that for allergy relief without special consent. Look at the list here: http://images.nflplayers.com/mediaResou ... 20List.pdf

Shadowhawk

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":3ppw1tef said:
Yeah, guess it would just be a surprise imo. This crap happened 2 years ago.

Lynch's DUI falls under the Personal Conduct Policy, I believe. The bad news for Lynch is that he previously served a 3-game suspension when he was at Buffalo for a violation of that same policy, so this is not his first offense. The good news for Lynch is that A) his previous suspension was several years ago (2009?) and B) he has kept his nose clean since his DUI in 2012. Both should help to mitigate his punishment, I would think.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
Shadowhawk":3vojowcu said:
SoulfishHawk":3vojowcu said:
Yeah, guess it would just be a surprise imo. This crap happened 2 years ago.

Lynch's DUI falls under the Personal Conduct Policy, I believe. The bad news for Lynch is that he previously served a 3-game suspension when he was at Buffalo for a violation of that same policy, so this is not his first offense. The good news for Lynch is that A) his previous suspension was several years ago (2009?) and B) he has kept his nose clean since his DUI in 2012. Both should help to mitigate his punishment, I would think.

You mean wet reckless conviction; there is no DUI conviction.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
keatonisballin":1sfqdv7r said:
Good. Helps us a little bit.

Seahawks don't need this kind of help. They've beaten the Cards when Washington was playing for them.

Marvin49

Reaction score
My guess is Lynch doesn't get suspended.

It isn't apples to apples with Aldon as this appears to be a repeat problem (as in was suspended, and then did it again).

The offense itself if it is MJ shouldn't get you a suspension in my mind tho. Kinda arcane.

Big hit to Arizona tho.

Throwdown

Reaction score
I'll take it! Anything to make these chump division rivals weaker is a good thing to me.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
Marvin49":189upz7y said:

It isn't apples to apples with Aldon as this appears to be a repeat problem (as in was suspended, and then did it again).

The offense itself if it is MJ shouldn't get you a suspension in my mind tho. Kinda arcane.

Big hit to Arizona tho.

Was Aldon suspended for his initial wet reckless? If I recall, the answer is no. He played and faced zero discipline for that 2012 conviction.

Sherman4Prez

Reaction score
No Dansby, no Washington. Cards are losing some serious teeth on their defense. I doubt they have anyone better than those two who will have the same impact. Washington is an awesome LB'er, this hurts.

Marvin49

Reaction score
hawknation2014":cdqzx22q said:
Marvin49":cdqzx22q said:

Big hit to Arizona tho.

Was Aldon suspended for his initial wet reckless? If I recall, the answer is no. He played and faced zero discipline for that 2012 conviction.

Correct.

The Commish also stated that any discipline this year on the DUI would take his 5 weeks he was gone to rehab into account when deciding discipline.

What's unknown tho is what happens in regards to the gun charges. Kinda sticky since he'd never have been charged if he were a Cardinal. It is a felony tho in his home state....not sure how the commish will handle that.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
Marvin49":2dh5v528 said:
hawknation2014":2dh5v528 said:
Marvin49":2dh5v528 said:

Big hit to Arizona tho.

Correct.

The Commish also stated that any discipline this year on the DUI would take his 5 weeks he was gone to rehab into account when deciding discipline.

What's unknown tho is what happens in regards to the gun charges. Kinda sticky since he'd never have been charged if he were a Cardinal. It is a felony tho in his home state....not sure how the commish will handle that.

Correction: Three Felony Convictions for Aldon Smith + repeat DUI offender under CA law + misdemeanor bomb threat charges that are pending.

They will consider the totality of the circumstances, and it doesn't look good for Aldon playing in 2014.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Marvin49":ecly7ec9 said:
hawknation2014":ecly7ec9 said:
Marvin49":ecly7ec9 said:

Big hit to Arizona tho.

Correct.

Perhaps he should handle it like he did with players smoking weed in Washington.

RedAlice

Reaction score
DWash is an idiot.

But, I feel bad for Cards fans.

As someone on their forum put it: don't care to debate the right or wrong of weed. If the NFL says you cannot eat pizza and play in the NFL, then don't eat pizza.

This plus their losing the Dsomone or other to FA really kills their D. And I was hoping they would be good this year.

Marvin49

Reaction score
hawknation2014":3vfqf8vf said:
Marvin49":3vfqf8vf said:
hawknation2014":3vfqf8vf said:
Marvin49":3vfqf8vf said:

Big hit to Arizona tho.

Correct.

Correction: Three Felony Convictions for Aldon Smith + repeat DUI offender under CA law + misdemeanor bomb threat charges that are pending.

They will consider the totality of the circumstances, and it doesn't look good for Aldon playing in 2014.

Other than the LAX thing that he has yet and might not be charged for, I'm not really sure what's different about what you said and what I said.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
Marvin49":2qv0r7ah said:
hawknation2014":2qv0r7ah said:

Other than the LAX thing that he has yet and might not be charged for, I'm not really sure what's different about what you said and what I said.

You said "a felony" (and tried to downplay the three illegal assault weapons recovered after his little party shootout) when you should have said THREE felonies, each of which carries a 4 year maximum prison sentence. That's a total of 17 years in jail if the book were thrown at him for all four convictions. Then you have to consider how the NFL will react to his recent bomb threat at LAX. Aldon is not playing this year; that is a fantasy.

Latest posts