Cardinals Daryl Washington suspended for 2014 season

SouthSoundHawk

Reaction score
Screw Aldon Smith...

also...

GUH3MJD

It will be fun watching Seattle's offense v. those line backers.

RedAlice

Reaction score
I clicked on the Daryl Washington thread, right? let me check. yes.

which team is more obsessed with the other? niner fans obsessed with the Hawks? well, you just turned a Cards player thread into a niner thread, so umm?

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
A Rams fan on a Seahawks board, calling out a Hawks fan for changing a Cards thread into a Niner thread. That about covers the division.....

um.....ok

Shadowhawk

Reaction score
RedAlice":3lchz8cs said:
DWash is an idiot.

But, I feel bad for Cards fans.

As someone on their forum put it: don't care to debate the right or wrong of weed. If the NFL says you cannot eat pizza and play in the NFL, then don't eat pizza.

This plus their losing the Dsomone or other to FA really kills their D. And I was hoping they would be good this year.

There is no way they would have let Dansby go if they knew that this was coming. Regarding the team statement I saw they are pissed at Washington, and for good reason.

And yeah, whether or not you agree with the league's stance on pot, that doesn't give players a pass for using it. Especially a guy like Washington who was in Stage 3 of the program and getting tested multiple times each month. Just unbelievably stupid on his part.

4freakin9

Reaction score
hawknation2014":2nwmwopo said:
Marvin49":2nwmwopo said:
hawknation2014":2nwmwopo said:
Marvin49":2nwmwopo said:
My guess is Lynch doesn't get suspended.

It isn't apples to apples with Aldon as this appears to be a repeat problem (as in was suspended, and then did it again).

The offense itself if it is MJ shouldn't get you a suspension in my mind tho. Kinda arcane.

Big hit to Arizona tho.

Was Aldon suspended for his initial wet reckless? If I recall, the answer is no. He played and faced zero discipline for that 2012 conviction.

Correct.

The Commish also stated that any discipline this year on the DUI would take his 5 weeks he was gone to rehab into account when deciding discipline.

What's unknown tho is what happens in regards to the gun charges. Kinda sticky since he'd never have been charged if he were a Cardinal. It is a felony tho in his home state....not sure how the commish will handle that.

Correction: Three Felony Convictions for Aldon Smith + repeat DUI offender under CA law + misdemeanor bomb threat charges that are pending.

They will consider the totality of the circumstances, and it doesn't look good for Aldon playing in 2014.

Aldon is not a repeat DUI offender in CA. The first DUI was in FL and if I am not mistaken, is all cleared up as far as court punishment goes. The gun charges sound bad, but it is still one of those things where its perfectly ok in some states and a felony in others. He still has to answer for the CA dui but if you take the 5 games he already missed into consideration then I see a suspension being in the 8 game range. That would also get him back and likely Bowman back before both matchups against Seattle

Front7vLOB

Reaction score
hawknation2014":1djqcloe said:
Marvin49":1djqcloe said:
hawknation2014":1djqcloe said:
Correction: Three Felony Convictions for Aldon Smith + repeat DUI offender under CA law + misdemeanor bomb threat charges that are pending.

They will consider the totality of the circumstances, and it doesn't look good for Aldon playing in 2014.

Other than the LAX thing that he has yet and might not be charged for, I'm not really sure what's different about what you said and what I said.

You said "a felony" (and tried to downplay the three illegal assault weapons recovered after his little party shootout) when you should have said THREE felonies, each of which carries a 4 year maximum prison sentence. That's a total of 17 years in jail if the book were thrown at him for all four convictions. Then you have to consider how the NFL will react to his recent bomb threat at LAX. Aldon is not playing this year; that is a fantasy.

To the bold, you are completely wrong. The maximum amount of years for the sentence is 4 years and 4 months.
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on...o-contest-to-six-charges-could-face-jail-time
Smith will be sentenced on July 25 and could face up to 52 months in prison. Prosecutor Brian Buckelew told the Mercury News that the length of Smith's sentence will come at the sole discretion of the judge, "It's from zero days to four years and four months," Buckelew said of how long Smith's sentence could go.

If Smith stays out of trouble, he's expected to see a lighter sentence. "There is an acceptance of responsibility here that is factored in by the sentencing judge," Buckelew said.

See. Not 17 as you keep insisting. Now all of your brazen, know-it-all-confidence is destroyed by your lack of credibility.

Nothing will come about for the bomb threat. Aldon insists he never said bomb in that context, and, since then, the charges have been dropped to lower departments in the LAPD. If Aldon did in fact say the things reported initially when the news broke, he would be facing a felony. Obviously, the situation isn't all that bad.

I still think he may get a 1/2 season suspension.

I just don't like it when people make stuff up on here.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Front7vLOB":bqudcis2 said:
hawknation2014":bqudcis2 said:
Marvin49":bqudcis2 said:
hawknation2014":bqudcis2 said:

Other than the LAX thing that he has yet and might not be charged for, I'm not really sure what's different about what you said and what I said.

You said "a felony" (and tried to downplay the three illegal assault weapons recovered after his little party shootout) when you should have said THREE felonies, each of which carries a 4 year maximum prison sentence. That's a total of 17 years in jail if the book were thrown at him for all four convictions. Then you have to consider how the NFL will react to his recent bomb threat at LAX. Aldon is not playing this year; that is a fantasy.

To the bold, you are completely wrong. The maximum amount of years for the sentence is 4 years and 4 months.
Smith will be sentenced on July 25 and could face up to 52 months in prison. Prosecutor Brian Buckelew told the Mercury News that the length of Smith's sentence will come at the sole discretion of the judge, "It's from zero days to four years and four months," Buckelew said of how long Smith's sentence could go.

If Smith stays out of trouble, he's expected to see a lighter sentence. "There is an acceptance of responsibility here that is factored in by the sentencing judge," Buckelew said.

See. Not 17 as you keep insisting. Now all of your brazen, know-it-all-confidence is destroyed by your lack of credibility.

Nothing will come about for the bomb threat. Aldon insists he never said bomb in that context, and, since then, the charges have been dropped to lower departments in the LAPD. If Aldon did in fact say the things reported initially when the news broke, he would be facing a felony. Obviously, the situation isn't all that bad.

I still think he may get a 1/2 season suspension.

Looks like we have a backup for the "whiner excuse machine" (see Marvin) if Marvin ever calls in sick or is on vacation!
:34853_doh:
You are on a Seattle Seahawks message board NOT your home board the Webzone Sparky!

If you don't like the content here you are free to leave, nobody is stoping you and you won't be missed.......

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
Front7vLOB":2tvwmp8u said:

Then leave. I can assure that no one gives a Squirt.

Oh, each possession charge carries a max of of 16 months. Who cares about LAX and DUIs (although the judge could still play hardball with those)

5 convictions, 3 of them felonies that are not affected by going to rehab and staying clean. OUCH. Talk about thin ice if he does get out.
It will all be up to the judge, but even if the 5 convictions were misdemeanor crimes, there could jail time.

Front7vLOB

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":2odq33cl said:
Front7vLOB":2odq33cl said:

Then leave. I can assure that no one gives a Squirt.

Oh, each possession charge carries a max of of 16 months. Who cares about LAX and DUIs (although the judge could still play hardball with those)

5 convictions, 3 of them felonies that are not affected by going to rehab and staying clean. OUCH. Talk about thin ice if he does get out.
It will all be up to the judge, but even if the 5 convictions were misdemeanor crimes, there could jail time.
apparently you give a squirt. whatever the hell that means. look, if you guys want to spread misinformation on a message board that has policies on providing links to "facts" then that's on your fanbase.

btw, the DUI is considered with the weapons charges. so the only remaining incident that isn't considered in that 0 - 4.3 years possible sentence is the LAX incdident.

Front7vLOB

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":wp74iyy7 said:
Looks like we have a backup for the "whiner excuse machine" (see Marvin) if Marvin ever calls in sick or is on vacation!
:34853_doh:
You are on a Seattle Seahawks message board NOT your home board the Webzone Sparky!

If you don't like the content here you are free to leave, nobody is stoping you and you won't be missed.......
i do like the content on here. that's why i signed up. i'm not a masochist.

all i did was point out that someone made up a lie and presented it as a fact. as a member of the message board, you should want to prevent these things from happening. apparently, you don't mind if the lies are about the 49ers. which is fine. as you said, it's your message board and the Seahawks fanbase undoubtedly donates to Seahawks.net to keep this place running.

i have the right to call out someone for making things up. if you don't like it, you can leave

Marvin49

Reaction score
hawknation2014":2dp7wbd6 said:
Marvin49":2dp7wbd6 said:
hawknation2014":2dp7wbd6 said:

LOL...

1) I also said chargeS. I wasn't saying there was only 1, I was simply stating that each of the laws he broke was a felony. Sigh.

2) 17 years. ROTFLMAO. Dude, you have no clue. His max sentence is just over 4 years TOTAL. Its No time at all to 4 years in prison. That's it. 17 years is a fantasy.

3) Something needs to come of the LAX incident before it can be considered. Aldon has stated tat he didn't say bomb. If he isn't charged, its a non story. At this point its only even being considered as a misdemeanor, not a felony.

4) Entire season? Certainly possible but I highly doubt it. My guess is 4-8 games. Why? Because Goodell has already stated he'll take the 5 games he was out last year into account. What's unknown is how the league will come down on the weapons charges. As I said before...were he a Cardinal he's never have been charged. This isn't like Washington in Arizona either because there are no NFL rules about gun possession. Not defending here...just saying NFL has no specific rules there and the NFLPA can argue that this would never have been as issue if he were a player on another team. Just a sticky situation.

Bottom line, my guess is and has always been no jail time and a 4 game suspension. Time will tell if I'm right. I could very well be wrong.

Finally, this whole "excuse machine" thing. I know I'm a fan of another team and you guys are entitled to your fun, but if you really think that's what I'm doing then you aren't paying attention. At no point do I ever excuse any action. In fact when the news first broke on Kaep I said here that if the story was true as it was first reported there was no way I could back the guy.

It was actually a few on this board that kinda talked me down on that one. When the facts finally started coming out it was pretty clear it was all BS, but I never made any excuses.

What I am guilty of here is defending what I interpret as the truth when some of you like to invent your own version of the facts (17 years...lol). I'm not always right and I'm the first to admit that...but if I disagree with what someone is presenting as facts, will I say something?

Damn straight.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
Marvin49":bjtoqo3a said:
LOL...

1) I also said chargeS. I wasn't saying there was only 1, I was simply stating that each of the laws he broke was a felony. Sigh.

2) 17 years. ROTFLMAO. Dude, you have no clue. His max sentence is just over 4 years TOTAL. Its No time at all to 4 years in prison. That's it. 17 years is a fantasy.

3) Something needs to come of the LAX incident before it can be considered. Aldon has stated tat he didn't say bomb. If he isn't charged, its a non story. At this point its only even being considered as a misdemeanor, not a felony.

4) Entire season? Certainly possible but I highly doubt it. My guess is 4-8 games. Why? Because Goodell has already stated he'll take the 5 games he was out last year into account. What's unknown is how the league will come down on the weapons charges. As I said before...were he a Cardinal he's never have been charged. This isn't like Washington in Arizona either because there are no NFL rules about gun possession. Not defending here...just saying NFL has no specific rules there and the NFLPA can argue that this would never have been as issue if he were a player on another team. Just a sticky situation.

Bottom line, my guess is and has always been no jail time and a 4 game suspension. Time will tell if I'm right. I could very well be wrong.

Finally, this whole "excuse machine" thing. I know I'm a fan of another team and you guys are entitled to your fun, but if you really think that's what I'm doing then you aren't paying attention. At no point do I ever excuse any action. In fact when the news first broke on Kaep I said here that if the story was true as it was first reported there was no way I could back the guy.

It was actually a few on this board that kinda talked me down on that one. When the facts finally started coming out it was pretty clear it was all BS, but I never made any excuses.

What I am guilty of here is defending what I interpret as the truth when some of you like to invent your own version of the facts (17 years...lol). I'm not always right and I'm the first to admit that...but if I disagree with what someone is presenting as facts, will I say something?

Damn straight.

You're right, Aldon faces four years in prison for all four charges. This does not include punishment he may face for his misdemeanor charge of threatening that he had a bomb at an airport. The article I read misstated the maximum penalty in CA as four years per felony conviction, plus one year for the his repeat DUI.

But Marvin wrote an ENTIRE PAGE of nothing to correct this simple error?

Loser

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Marvin49":390nqg2p said:
hawknation2014":390nqg2p said:
Marvin49":390nqg2p said:
hawknation2014":390nqg2p said:

LOL...

Damn straight.
Oh please! In the above post claiming NOT to be the "whiners excuse machine" you come up with more excuses! LMAO! Do you ever read your posts before hitting "send"? Keep on claiming to be the victim though........

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
hawknation2014":126ljmas said:

Loser
I hate to bring political figures into this but Marvin is the "Sarah Palin of the whiner troll nation", master of the meaningless "word salad"......so he has that going for himself! 8)

Marvin49

Reaction score
hawknation2014":1uilxr3u said:
Marvin49":1uilxr3u said:
LOL...

Damn straight.

You're right, Aldon faces four years in prison for all four charges. This does not include punishment he may face for his misdemeanor charge of threatening that he had a bomb at an airport. The article I read misstated the maximum penalty in CA as four years per felony conviction, plus one year for the his repeat DUI.

Loser

LOL. You are proven wrong and need to resort to name calling...and I'm the loser?

Right. Moving on.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":s0n5v4yk said:
Marvin49":s0n5v4yk said:
hawknation2014":s0n5v4yk said:
Marvin49":s0n5v4yk said:

LOL...

Damn straight.
Oh please! In the above post claiming NOT to be the "whiners excuse machine" you come up with more excuses! LMAO! Do you ever read your posts before hitting "send"? Keep on claiming to be the victim though........

Do you? I think maybe you don't know the meaning of the word excuse.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Marvin49":j75zbioo said:
hawknation2014":j75zbioo said:
Marvin49":j75zbioo said:
LOL...

Damn straight.

Loser

LOL. You are proven wrong and need to resort to name calling...and I'm the loser?

Right. Moving on.
Yes Marvin, much like your team in the NFCCG, you are the loser! Deal with it, and as you say MOVE ON! :49ersmall: :0190l:

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Marvin49":118mvnpn said:
Sports Hernia":118mvnpn said:
Marvin49":118mvnpn said:
hawknation2014":118mvnpn said:

LOL...

Damn straight.

Yes I do know the meaning but apparently you don't Mr Word Salad.....

BTW..... I thought you had me on the "ignore/foes list", or was that another one of your "whoppers"?

Marvin49

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":rz57mriu said:
Marvin49":rz57mriu said:
Sports Hernia":rz57mriu said:
Marvin49":rz57mriu said:

LOL...

Damn straight.

Yes I do know the meaning but apparently you don't Mr Word Salad.....

BTW..... I thought you had me on the "ignore/foes list", or was that another one of your "whoppers"?

I do.

When a person is on that list you still see that a person posts and have the option to expand the masked post.

I expanded it because I was curious what drivel you were posting this time.

I should have known better. Back you go.

Latest posts