Carolina vs the Cards

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
falcongoggles":2ir1kl0w said:
It's amazing how much better the Ravens-Stealers game is. Let the playoffs begin...for real this time.

Higher-quality football for sure, but damn these teams are both incredibly unlikable. I can hardly take a side between them.

pehawk

Reaction score
MidwestHawker":3s1pwucb said:
pehawk":3s1pwucb said:
Brett Farve sent unwanted nude pictures to a reporter...after being an opiate junky. He was traded from Atlanta for behavior that makes Manziel look like Russell Wilson. But, good ol boy Brett's just a character.

Umm, are you under the impression that Favre doesn't have a whole ton of haters?

I hate on Favre more than just about any player ever, and it always feels like I get quite a bit of agreement from people.

Ha...true. But, obviously we're kind of nutty, we don't mind Cam.

falcongoggles

Reaction score
pehawk":3l51uhgs said:
sc85sis":3l51uhgs said:
pehawk":3l51uhgs said:
Good for Cam. Dude gets a lot of shit for no reason other than, well, he went to Auburn?
I think he gets a lot of shit because he stole a laptop while at FL and was alleged to have been shopped around by his father, and many people don't believe the ruling that he knew nothing about it. He also has a tendency to come off as unduly cocky.

Now, none of us can really know what did or didn't happen with his dad shopping him, and he's hardly the first kid to be cocky. He's undoubtedly physically gifted and seems to have improved some as a pocket passer. But he still just bugs me somehow. It probably isn't fair, but it is what it is.

Brett Farve sent unwanted nude pictures to a reporter...after being an opiate junky. He was traded from Atlanta for behavior that makes Manziel look like Russell Wilson. But, good ol boy Brett's just a character.

That's just one example.

I could give a shit what a dude did as a teenager. As a teenager I beat dudes with 9 irons and smoked a hardball sized rock of crack a day It LITERALLY has nothing to do with who and what I am now. Anyone that didn't do stupid shit in their youth creep me out, and are most likely going to snap one day.

Smoking crack and beating people with golf clubs is incredibly douchey, worthy of massive criticism and well outside the norm.

Is that your measuring stick for teenage behavior? You can't be serious.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
pehawk":1kjfp1mc said:
MidwestHawker":1kjfp1mc said:
pehawk":1kjfp1mc said:

Umm, are you under the impression that Favre doesn't have a whole ton of haters?

I hate on Favre more than just about any player ever, and it always feels like I get quite a bit of agreement from people.

Ha...true. But, obviously we're kind of nutty, we don't mind Cam.

Heck, the stuff you named about Favre is nothing I ever even mention. I just couldn't stand his attention-whoring ass, him holding his franchise hostage year after year with the "will I retire or not?" stuff. A reporter asked him one time if he was putting the Packers in a bad position by not deciding before the draft, and he snidely responded with, "What are they gonna do, cut me?" Favre is the phoniest good ol' boy since Garth Brooks, which is to say nothing of how frigging infuriating it was to hear the constant refrain about how he was "just a kid having fun out there."

Man I'm glad he's retired.

pehawk

Reaction score
falcongoggles":ebvci851 said:
pehawk":ebvci851 said:
sc85sis":ebvci851 said:
pehawk":ebvci851 said:
Good for Cam. Dude gets a lot of shit for no reason other than, well, he went to Auburn?
I think he gets a lot of shit because he stole a laptop while at FL and was alleged to have been shopped around by his father, and many people don't believe the ruling that he knew nothing about it. He also has a tendency to come off as unduly cocky.

Now, none of us can really know what did or didn't happen with his dad shopping him, and he's hardly the first kid to be cocky. He's undoubtedly physically gifted and seems to have improved some as a pocket passer. But he still just bugs me somehow. It probably isn't fair, but it is what it is.

That's just one example.

I could give a shit what a dude did as a teenager. As a teenager I beat dudes with 9 irons and smoked a hardball sized rock of crack a day It LITERALLY has nothing to do with who and what I am now. Anyone that didn't do stupid shit in their youth creep me out, and are most likely going to snap one day.

Smoking crack and beating people with golf clubs is incredibly douchey, worthy of massive criticism and well outside the norm.

Is that your measuring stick for teenage behavior? You can't be serious.

Wasn't the point. The point was what stupid things one do when they're 18-20, doesn't define who they are as adults. I don't recall setting that as a standard, just an example supporting the overall point. You are correct about me being douchy and warranting criticism, even now that's true.

Are Cam's celebrations any more than what Earl does? No, not really

OP
OP
N

Northhawk

Reaction score
Of course, Dungy said in the NBC pre-game that Carolina looks good and could go on a run. Rodney Harris said that Carolina isn't going win in Seattle playing like they did today but Dungy insisted Carolina could do it.

I know media types are told to sell certain teams but Dungy genuinely seems to hate Seattle.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
pehawk":3l5bdxvi said:
endzorn":3l5bdxvi said:
If Terrelle Pryor starts the last four weeks for Arizona they are playing next weekend.

Yup. Arians stubborn streak cost them. Pryor is a better passer than Lindley and his legs make up for any learning curve. But, Arians, like a 1990's coach, is too stubborn to not use his prototype.

I just about crapped myself at the thought of Ryan Lindley being someone's prototype.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
was lindley really the best option out there???? man is he awful...cant see him on any team next year. maybe he was the owners nephew or something???

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
Northhawk":plpdc9cm said:
Of course, Dungy said in the NBC pre-game that Carolina looks good and could go on a run. Rodney Harris said that Carolina isn't going win in Seattle playing like they did today but Dungy insisted Carolina could do it.

I know media types are told to sell certain teams but Dungy genuinely seems to hate Seattle.

Tony Dungy is a remarkably stupid man, but I have zero reason to believe that he's carrying out personal grudges toward teams on the air.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Northhawk":3ekgczfe said:

dungy is as good at predicting games as he is as a father....too soon?? he hates the hawks because of the beatdown they layed on his boy peypey...

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
endzorn":1stea9nv said:
If Terrelle Pryor starts the last four weeks for Arizona they are playing next weekend.
That's what I was thinking too.

sc85sis

Reaction score
Cyrus12":jary1zix said:
Northhawk":jary1zix said:

dungy is as good at predicting games as he is as a father....too soon?? he hates the hawks because of the beatdown they layed on his boy peypey...

It will always be "too soon" for that type of comment.

Just my opinion.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm not a Dungy fan but that was a cheap shot.

And if it was motivated by Dungy simply giving another team a chance to beat us, then holy crap.

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
I don't actually believe in curses so calm down if you're reading this, Midwest Hawker, but if I did believe in curses, the terrible injury luck and complete fall from grace the Cardinals experienced in this, their fourth eleven-win season in ninety-five years of existence, would convince me that this franchise will be forever cursed until they give back that one NFL Championship to the Pottsville Maroons.