Carroll’s Hawks are 9-0 when their QB throws 400+

Mad Dog

Reaction score
If you always play from ahead, teams are going to throw to keep up. But it still means you have an advantage since you are always ahead.

My answer to eveything bad about this defence is: Scoreboard.

nanomoz

Reaction score
When the opposing team's QB throws for 400 yards, you mean? I love that stat, and how it surprises people. Especially when you consider that since 2013 or so, the Hawks haven't often played with a lead.

Smellyman

Reaction score
Stat is a bit misleading I imagine though.

They are usually shootouts and RW is has had to be exceptional too. All games this year (not as much ATL), the Pitt game, the Houston game etc.

That and Carroll has won a lot of games

Erebus

Reaction score
nanomoz":2ebmgwjg said:
When the opposing team's QB throws for 400 yards, you mean? I love that stat, and how it surprises people. Especially when you consider that since 2013 or so, the Hawks haven't often played with a lead.

You mean a large lead? They've won more than half their games since 2013, so they've played with plenty of leads.

OP
OP
Reaneypark

Reaneypark

Reaction score
nanomoz":1qanir3z said:

Yeah I wasn’t clear. Their meant opponent’s QB as opposed to Hawks’ QB.

ducks41468

Reaction score
Smellyman":3vkvfzed said:

They are usually shootouts and RW is has had to be exceptional too. All games this year (not as much ATL), the Pitt game, the Houston game etc.

What is the list of the 9 games? Because of the 4 that come to mind immediately (ATL and DAL this year, HOU 2017, PIT 2015), three games were highly competitive throughout and Russ had to bail us out with late TDs. So the theory of the defense just going into prevent while sitting on a big lead doesnt really hold, we just dont really have a good defense anymore.

OP
OP
Reaneypark

Reaneypark

Reaction score
ducks41468":1zh6e5mg said:
Smellyman":1zh6e5mg said:

What is the list of the 9 games? Because of the 4 that come to mind immediately (ATL and DAL this year, HOU 2017, PIT 2015), three games were highly competitive throughout and Russ had to bail us out with late TDs. So the theory of the defense just going into prevent while sitting on a big lead doesnt really hold, we just dont really have a good defense anymore.

Right, the stat mostly says that Russ rises to the challenge in a shootout.

Rat

Reaction score
Is a coincidence, or is it like when they post during a game that so-and-so QB has some awesome TD:INT in the red zone?

Latest posts