Cassius Marsh

seabowl

Reaction score
After last year I was very excited to see how he progressed going in 2015. I have to admit that I am somewhat dissapointed in his production or lack thereof in the preseason. He seems to get off the ball well but rarely ever is in on the play. Anyone else feel the same way about him?

Seafan

Reaction score
I love his hustle. And he brings it on special teams too. He's going to be a part of this great Hawk defense this year.

ErikG803

Reaction score
Funny, I was opening up this topic expecting some praise for him. He seems to be involved in a lot of plays, really hope he can stay healthy this year.

cover-2

Reaction score
I as well I have been a bit disappointed with Marsh. He does have good get off, but he hasn't shown the ability to bend and turn the corner to get around OT's. He does still have upside and could develop, given more game day playing reps, to become a better pass rusher. I know, at some point before the pre-season, he was getting reps in practice at strong side LB. I am more intrigued with him as a SLB because of his height and length.

Largent80

Reaction score
Marsh is progressing nicely in my opinion, especially after missing most of last year. I think he is going to do some good things for the team.

253hawk

Reaction score
He threw a killer block at the start of Lockette's punt return and caught back up to him just before the end zone.

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
Largent80":2qz8fpe9 said:
Marsh is progressing nicely in my opinion, especially after missing most of last year. I think he is going to do some good things for the team.

^This^

If we're looking for Frank Clark impact everywhere, almost all young defenders would disappoint.

He's hustling, getting involved in a lot of plays. He still has a lot to figure out. He will increasingly contribute.

nanomoz

Reaction score
ErikG803":2600bslm said:
Funny, I was opening up this topic expecting some praise for him. He seems to be involved in a lot of plays, really hope he can stay healthy this year.

Me too, I noticed several impact plays last night from Marsh.

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
I was hoping for more from him in the pass rushing department, but he has shown alot in the other areas of the game.

kf3339

Reaction score
This in some plays is like his rookie year again since he was hurt so soon into the season last year. So if he stays healthy as stated above and progresses then he will be something by the end of this season. Personally I think it will be next year before we hopefully see him come on really strong.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
EverydayImRusselin":1cxk0al7 said:
I was hoping for more from him in the pass rushing department, but he has shown alot in the other areas of the game.

I thought he was credited with a sack yesterday.

Overseasfan

Reaction score
If we were talking about a starter I would agree but Marsh is a back up and a damn good one at that. Though I have to say that I'm not disappointed with him at all. I feel like he's doing just fine out there.

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
Bobblehead":bizuivh2 said:
EverydayImRusselin":bizuivh2 said:

I thought he was credited with a sack yesterday.

Box score says Irvin Hill and Scruggs.

When I watch him rush, I feel like he's only going to hit pay dirt if the OL falls down. He has great speed but gets run out of plays too easily.

Hawks46

Reaction score
I'm not too worried about him. He's progressing nicely for what we're asking him to do.

Keep in mind, this kid has done everything from play DE and OLB, to getting up to 300 lbs and playing DT at UCLA. Then he gets hurt his rookie year. He looks faster and more explosive than last year, and a bit leaner. He'll get used to what we're asking him to do, and get used to his new "look".

He does get run outside easily when he comes off the edge, but he also seems to use his hands well to keep OL off him, and he has a good inside move that gets good pressure. He'll get there.

gabel

Reaction score
He appears to be much faster than he was before but he doesn't seem to shed blocks as well. He has disruptive pass rushing ability but is week against the run, he gets pushed around.

He made some big positional errors last nigh, it takes time to learn a new position.

daveman918

Reaction score
nanomoz":31xnvtfq said:
ErikG803":31xnvtfq said:

Me too, I noticed several impact plays last night from Marsh.

Me three... Like what I see. Still learning but that's ok at this point IMO.

Rob12

Reaction score
One day we will learn that not everyone can be a star.

Marsh is a very good young player, and has essentially had little experience at the NFL level. Give the kid time, and he will shine. He's going to be, at worst, a very good role player for us.

The success has really fostered an absurd level of impatience among fans. I'm guessing that there's quite a few teams out there right now that would absolutely love to have Marsh on their roster.

Latest posts