Check THIS out !!!!!! (Sherman Soup Commercial)

Our Man in Chicago

Reaction score
This seems like the full-length version of a :30 spot.

Mama Sherman's smile at the end looks like Take 21. No offense.

taco40

Reaction score
Reaneypark":1jnl99t6 said:
It's just like those cheesy Saturday morning cartoons. Every note is a perfect replica even the cheesy fake laughing at the end.
Back in 1970, when the Seattle Pilots were purchased and moved to Milwaukee, the players were employed on radio commercials to shill American Motors cars. Even as a kid I couldn't believe they actually put the spots on as they were less than well done. This is not nearly as awful, but pretty close. i sincerely hope they don't show this anywhere outside the Seattle market....As I'm typing this, they just showed it on NFL network. ouch.

A

Anonymous

They just played the commercial on NFLNetwork 5 minutes ago.

Much shorter.

Cool that those fans got to be involved. Payoff for all the years of the grease paint.

Except Sea Hulk is now... blue, and, called, the... Sea Monster?

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
HansGruber":25k1u2ze said:
Loved it. And yes I am equally perplexed when people don't get obvious absurdism. Must be a sad reality to live in

This isn't absurdism. It's a poor parody of Adam West Batman stylings containing Seahawk fans who can't pull off the necessarily bizarre contradiction that is overacting because of how stiff, unnatural, and nervous they are in front of a camera.

LargentFan

Reaction score
HansGruber":m00pfdbh said:
Loved it. And yes I am equally perplexed when people don't get obvious absurdism. Must be a sad reality to live in

I think we all get that it's supposed to be absurd...that doesn't mean it's good.
Dog crap is supposed to be dog crap...that doesn't make it a good commercial.

kidhawk

Reaction score
I'll be honest, I don't recall ever seeing one of these chunky soup commercials that I thought was "good". I'm happy that Richard is getting his recognition, and it's cool to see that they got some props in for the fans as well, but looking at the commercial without my Seahawks blinders on, it's horrible. With my blinders on, I'll enjoy it for the notoriety it will bring

HansGruber

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":1jgrrfvu said:
HansGruber":1jgrrfvu said:

This isn't absurdism. It's a poor parody of Adam West Batman stylings containing Seahawk fans who can't pull off the necessarily bizarre contradiction that is overacting because of how stiff, unnatural, and nervous they are in front of a camera.

That is paradoxism. There is a difference.

(get it?)

HansGruber

Reaction score
LargentFan":1zbvs4gt said:
HansGruber":1zbvs4gt said:

I think we all get that it's supposed to be absurd...that doesn't mean it's good.

Are you really upset over a commercial? Lighten up, Dr. Serious Pants. Life is short. Try to enjoy it a little.

bigtrain21

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":1fntgomj said:
Cool, was wondering when it would come out. My friends Jeff and Dede are on there.

Are Jeff and Dede long time Mariners season ticket holder dating back to the Kingdome days?

irocdave

Reaction score
Yea, it was corny but tell me it wasn't worse than Clay Mathews stepping through a "hidden door" in his locker to step in to a hidden den his mom had made for eating soup.

The blue dude just looks wrong though, should have kept the green body paint. Would have been nice to see mama Lynch in there also. She has the same mama bear mentality and would have made for a strong mama presence.

Steve2222

Reaction score
I get that it's supposed to be cheesy and over the top, but it still turned out terribly. I'm pretty sure the people who like it would find it stupid if it was one of the other 31 teams.

lol it's borderline cringeworthy.

LargentFan

Reaction score
HansGruber":1xm4adk7 said:
LargentFan":1xm4adk7 said:
HansGruber":1xm4adk7 said:

Are you really upset over a commercial? Lighten up, Dr. Serious Pants. Life is short. Try to enjoy it a little.

Upset? Not sure where you'd get that idea. I simply think it's a terrible commercial and you are saying that means I live in a sad reality...
How exciting life would be if everyone agreed with you about everything! There would be SO much to talk about!

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
HansGruber":auruymq8 said:
Sarlacc83":auruymq8 said:
HansGruber":auruymq8 said:

That is paradoxism. There is a difference.

(get it?)

Ooh fancy avant garde words that don't apply. (I mean, you're obviously claiming movies like Disaster Movie are high art.)

Look, it's great you like it, but to impugn others because they don't share your opinion makes you look really insecure. Which you should be because the commercial is terrible.

By the way, please explain how this commercial deals with man's search for meaning in life and his inability to find it.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
That was.........................interesting..........still nice to see Sherm and his mom getting more good pub,

Blitzhawk

Reaction score
Our Man in Chicago":3uybd3uu said:
This seems like the full-length version of a :30 spot.

Mama Sherman's smile at the end looks like Take 21. No offense.

Nah, Sherm just makes it look like there is "No Offense"!!!

Ruminator

Reaction score
irocdave":w6kpsxli said:
Y The blue dude just looks wrong though, should have kept the green body paint.

Studio's and Hollywood's green screen backdrops to make it appear as though the actors are "there" means any green in the actors themselves is a no-no lest those parts get video-ized too. That notwithstanding, making the Green Hulk blue more or less ruined the commercial for me (if it was the real deal), cheesy intentions or not. Oh well whatever, at least it wasn't promoting a product I care about.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
Sarlacc83":1yrkug9c said:
By the way, please explain how this commercial deals with man's search for meaning in life and his inability to find it.

No matter how horrible something is, it's still terrific to be a Seahawks fan. And that is the meaning of life. As for the inability to find it, well, ask the fans of 31 other teams.

And yes, it was horrible. Still better n' a Vern Fonk commercial by a long, long ways.