This can't be real

nanomoz

Reaction score
I can't predict the future and perhaps this will go well.

But boy, if we wind up in that endless treadmill of useless 5-12 head coaches, you guys are going to hear it from me.
Maybe they botch a hire. Fine. Then do it again.

But we had to endure Mora to get Pete. Be hopeful, homie.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Maybe they botch a hire. Fine. Then do it again.

But we had to endure Mora to get Pete. Be hopeful, homie.
It'd be nice if it were only one, but ask some fans of other teams how long they've had to endure dry stretches between NFCCG-caliber coaches. Some have waited decades. They don't exactly grow on trees...

And the fact that we don't have a good talent base under us defensively is something else that makes this a potentially VERY badly-timed decision. The next coach is not inheriting a good situation.

nanomoz

Reaction score
It'd be nice if it were only one, but ask some fans of other teams how long they've had to endure dry stretches between NFCCG-caliber coaches. Some have waited decades. They don't exactly grow on trees...

And the fact that we don't have a good talent base under us defensively is something else that makes this a potentially VERY badly-timed decision. The next coach is not inheriting a good situation.
I've been a fan of this team through stretches like that. And I'd argue that the team underachieved a lot this year.

You can't stick with a defensive head coach whose defense has gotten worse and worse for four years. The real indictment for me is the disconnect between the supposed philosophy and the team on the field.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
I've been a fan of this team through stretches like that. And I'd argue that the team underachieved a lot this year.

You can't stick with a defensive head coach whose defense has gotten worse and worse for four years. The real indictment for me is the disconnect between the supposed philosophy and the team on the field.
Super Bowls have been won by head coaches with a drought of longer than that, several of them.

GemCity

Reaction score
WOOOOOOT.

I’ve been busy today and turned off all alerts.

My daughter has cheer comps on Sundays and I’m often watching the game delayed…

I JUST now found out.

Big thanks to Pete but, it was time.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Oh big time, I just legit didn't think it would happen. It was beyond time. Looking forward to something different and seeing how it all shakes out.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score

Carroll is not a NFCCG caliber coach anymore. Can you honestly say that things have been trending up with Carroll? Things have been going backwards for awhile. We have not had a top 10 defense under Carroll since 2016, which still had the remnants of the LOB. We've tried rebuilding, retooling, and cycling through three coordinators all for worse results each season.

I love what Carroll did for the team, but it was time the franchise and Carroll to move on. Things had gotten stale under Pete.

The thing is, Pete was no spring chicken either. He had one year left on his contract with an optional 5th year attached. How much longer was he really going to be coaching at a high level in the NFL? Carroll already was struggling to keep up with new NFL trends and he didn't surround himself with good people to implement the new trends in defense and offensive play in the NFL.

The writing was on the wall. Carroll was going to be gone within a season or two anyways.

nanomoz

Reaction score
Super Bowls have been won by head coaches with a drought of longer than that, several of them.
Over the last few years or so, I've seen no evidence that this team is moving toward a super bowl.

Mase

Reaction score
-- I'm curious about the timing. Did she just want to think about it for a few days after we were eliminated from the playoffs. I hope it had more to do with giving Pete his own day. He isn't Arthur Smith or anyone of his ilk. He is a generational coach in both college and the pros.

-- Your class will be missed Pete.

Mase

fenderbender123

Reaction score
DeBoer already ready to go
I just don't see this happening. Deboer is about to get a big fat ******* Payday for years to come with UW.

Plus, it would really sour a lot of people who are both Seahawks and Husky fans, which I assume is a significant amount. We want him at UW for a long time. He's just getting started here.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
Jim Harbaugh is the guy we should want. What Pete Carroll preached in terms of defense and run game... That's what Harbaugh put together at Michigan and won a national championship. With Harbaugh as the head coach and Pete Carroll in an advisory role, and John Schneider as a GM, I don't see how we don't win 12 Super Bowls in a row.

Flyingsquad23

Reaction score
Could you imagine the thread if Pete was able to pull off a “TB12” and go to another team and immediately win the SB….

The hater’s would have to dig real deep in the Rolodex for excuses.