Check THIS out !!!!!! (Sherman Soup Commercial)

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Seems like a lot of people have nothing better to do than complain about a commercial, that is supposed to be funny. Jealous maybe? Who knows, but it's a damn commercial :roll:

ZorntoLargent

Reaction score
Bob_the_Destroyer":3u32chm0 said:
HawKnPeppa":3u32chm0 said:
I like it.

All of you self-anointed film critics need to pull the corn cob outta yer collective arses.

It's great -- and says a lot about the Shermans -- that they brought the fans, represented by real fans, into the commercial. It celebrates not only his relationship with his mother, but also his relationship and appreciation for Seattle Seahawks fans. Just like asking for the rest of the Legion of Boom to be part of the Madden cover, bringing the fans into his most important commercial to date is a classy thing to do.

Actually, it was the other way around. The FANS came up with the idea of lobbying Chunky to have her become the next mom in a commercial.

OP
OP
Largent80

Largent80

Reaction score
HoustonHawk82":3rnk4xph said:
That Largent jersey looks awfully familiar...

Yup, Scott GAVE me that awesome jersey that I proudly sport everywhere. !!!!!!!!

Greenhell

Reaction score
It's very cheesy but I like it because it's Sherman. Think a better concept could've been created though.

Escamillo

Reaction score
LudwigsDrummer":g7ksm3km said:
Considering how many Seahawk fans think this is a lame commercial, I can only imagine how the haters will take this.
I see shades of the "How to be a Ram " video all over again.

Who cares? The "haters" would hate on it no matter what.
And I'm willing to speculate that a good percentage of Seahawks fans that "think it's lame" think that way because they are old-style soft Seahawks fans still scared to death what fans of other teams think. This is their though process: "OMG, other fans will hate on this ad! (and that's why I think it's lame)"

Escamillo

Reaction score
Steve2222":347c2wss said:
lol I guess being a Seahawks fan it's a prerequisite to like all things associated with the team, and not look at things objectively. Then again I'm not a homer, just a huge fan of the Seahawks. And yes being a homer is not a good thing.

Fwiw I thought Sherms oh boy oberto jerky commercial wasn't bad......and that was going for the cheesy, absurd style as well.

You can dislike things associated with the team, I just take issue with those that are scared about what fans of other teams think.

Escamillo

Reaction score
LudwigsDrummer":200ji4j0 said:
Considering how many Seahawk fans think this is a lame commercial, I can only imagine how the haters will take this.
I see shades of the "How to be a Ram " video all over again.

I just happened to see a thread on this commercial at a NY Giants message board (I was there just to follow reactions during the Giants/Lions game that's on right now). The comments said that the commercial was corny like all Chunky Soup commercials are, but they certainly didn't hate on it. Reaction was more positive than negative. Those particular Seahawks fans who might be a bit insecure or whatever so as to fret over other fans' reaction to this commercial need not have worried, I think. :thirishdrinkers: