Chris Carson

vigilantgrrl

Reaction score
If he gets the carries, and I think he should start.....I think he will have more total yards than Leonard Fournette!

Davidess

Reaction score
Its Pre-season. This is reminding me of the Pope hype last year (although I don't believe pope went against starters)

I am not debating whether Carson will be good or not but Fournette will be the vocal point of the Jags offense and Carson will be splitting time with Lacy, Rawls (if Healthy) Prosise (If healthy)

lets re-visit this in 4-5 months.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Carson is already showing he has "it" when it comes to running the rock. qjj The only real question is his ability to pick up the playbook and assignments, like way better than CMike. Can he pick up blitzers?

chris98251

Reaction score
olyfan63":39zzug3m said:
Carson is already showing he has "it" when it comes to running the rock. qjj The only real question is his ability to pick up the playbook and assignments, like way better than CMike. Can he pick up blitzers?

He has already proven all of that and then some, all you had to do is watch the games and read the write ups from practice. He was ahead of CMike after the first week of practice and CMike's 3 years in the league.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Have been nothing but impressed with Carson. Love his running style, size and speed, love his physicality and his wiggle in traffic.

Thought he had already demonstrated in the last game an ability to block too.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
No matter what he will play this season with I.A Procise and Rawls likely to spend more time on the injured list than the active roster. Hope he pans out because Lacy is not an every down back. I could still see Collins as the third back behind Carson and Lacy when both Rawls and Procise go to IR. For that reason I really hope carson is a steal...

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
Davidess":izhbc4ai said:
Its Pre-season. This is reminding me of the Pope hype last year (although I don't believe pope went against starters)

I am not debating whether Carson will be good or not but Fournette will be the vocal point of the Jags offense and Carson will be splitting time with Lacy, Rawls (if Healthy) Prosise (If healthy)

Yea, Pope was about 5'7" and maybe 200 lbs doing it against 3rd stringers. Carson is a grown ass man who is holding his own against NFL starters. Give him the workload that Fournette is gonna get this year and his stats would be fantastic.

Davidess

Reaction score
Missing_Clink":3ldnv4i7 said:
Davidess":3ldnv4i7 said:

Yea, Pope was about 5'7" and maybe 200 lbs doing it against 3rd stringers. Carson is a grown ass man who is holding his own against NFL starters. Give him the workload that Fournette is gonna get this year and his stats would be fantastic.

hype...HYPE.

I hope so but we shall see. Hope im wrong

olyfan63

Reaction score
chris98251":2jzf0znh said:
olyfan63":2jzf0znh said:
Carson is already showing he has "it" when it comes to running the rock. The only real question is his ability to pick up the playbook and assignments, like way better than CMike. Can he pick up blitzers?

He has already proven all of that and then some, all you had to do is watch the games and read the write ups from practice. He was ahead of CMike after the first week of practice and CMike's 3 years in the league.

Good to know :) Thanks for reading the writeups from practice.
With preseason it can be tricky to tell with all the personnel shuffling, simpler defenses, and mixing of 1's and 2's, 2's and 3's. Of course, all this still needs to be proven against 1's when it counts. Carson has been running with and against the 1's.

Look forward to seeing Carson's development as a receiver out of the backfield too.

There was one play where Russell could have flipped a pass over the pass rushers to a wide open Carson, but that's easy for armchair quarterbacks to see on replay. It made me wonder if Russell doesn't yet "trust" Carson as a receiver, or was so shocked Carson was actually there he forgot to throw it, or was too preoccupied with the pass rush. I'm going with the Russell preoccupied explanation for now.

Honestly, Carson looks like the Richard Sherman of this year's draft. An elite talent picked up for next to nothing. (in the NFL scheme of things)

v1rotv2

Reaction score
While I am intreged by Carson he still has to do it over and over again at the real game level. I think he will but I have been wrong before. Just ask the wife.

lukerguy

Reaction score
I think he's earned the starting spot. He has it all- speed, power, vision, ball security, blocking.

I would see him being named starter akin to Russell WIlson being named starter after signing Flynn.

xStickybudz

Reaction score
Oh easy there fella it's pre season and fournette is a beast. Having said that Chris Carson is playing lights out I love everything iv seen from him and he is absolutely no questions asked making the 53 over the likes of AC. If he keeps this up Rawls and lacy will be looking over their shoulders

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
v1rotv2":1m5emb0b said:
While I am intreged by Carson he still has to do it over and over again at the real game level. I think he will but I have been wrong before. Just ask the wife.

LOL. Well the good news about Carson is that he's bigger and presumably more durable than Rawls.

If he continues on his trajectory, I don't see him just making the roster, I see him forcing other RBs off the team out of redundancy. I'm perilously close to saying "complete package", and I think Seattle should give him the entirety of Game 4 to see how he handles the load.

Thepeelsessions

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":7m30d5mm said:
v1rotv2":7m30d5mm said:

LOL. Well the good news about Carson is that he's bigger and presumably more durable than Rawls.

If he continues on his trajectory, I don't see him just making the roster, I see him forcing other RBs off the team out of redundancy. I'm perilously close to saying "complete package", and I think Seattle should give him the entirety of Game 4 to see how he handles the load.

I agree about him getting a big workload in Oakland. They need to see what he can do with 15-20 touches, regardless if it's against starters it backups. If the Hawks only keep 4 RBs, Collins and Davis have no chance. Although, I don't think Rawls or Prosise should be automatic locks. Especially Prosise.

Does anyone remember what Rawls did in pre-season his rookie year? I can't remember at all, but he obviously did well. Does anyone remember specifics?

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Thepeelsessions":1ca6d9o7 said:
MontanaHawk05":1ca6d9o7 said:
v1rotv2":1ca6d9o7 said:

I agree about him getting a big workload in Oakland. They need to see what he can do with 15-20 touches, regardless if it's against starters it backups. If the Hawks only keep 4 RBs, Collins and Davis have no chance. Although, I don't think Rawls or Prosise should be automatic locks. Especially Prosise.

Does anyone remember what Rawls did in pre-season his rookie year? I can't remember at all, but he obviously did well. Does anyone remember specifics?

He did what Carson is doing now. Only without anyone questioning his durability due to his size.

Thepeelsessions

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":3v05tegt said:
Thepeelsessions":3v05tegt said:
MontanaHawk05":3v05tegt said:
v1rotv2":3v05tegt said:

He did what Carson is doing now. Only without anyone questioning his durability due to his size.

Was a lot of his damages against starting units?

Josea16

Reaction score
Thepeelsessions":2rjwxmty said:
MontanaHawk05":2rjwxmty said:
Thepeelsessions":2rjwxmty said:
MontanaHawk05":2rjwxmty said:

Was a lot of his damages against starting units?
Yes.

RussB

Reaction score
I like carson. Should be a lacy carson tandem, thunder and lighting just like USC.

I think we can honestly forget about rawls and procise, waytoo injury prone and thats just the truth. They are never on the field.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Hype yer arse....

He looks like a dirty secret that should have been drafted along with Fournette, Cook, McCaffrey, and Mixon. He's easily as talented as any of them and has the attitude that we want to see even more than them. Start him.

You can take your hype and shove it up your $@#$@#!

Latest posts