Status
Not open for further replies.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
CALIHAWK1":1uedl23l said:
RolandDeschain":1uedl23l said:
CALIHAWK1":1uedl23l said:
Until its the game winning/tying drive and well.... He isnt terrible but, he's overated by supporters with stats like that.
Look where Romo is on the all-time QB 4th quarter comebacks list. Just sayin'.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/l ... career.htm

Eli is higher. Just sayin. I am suprised he is that high though.

Well, when you get right down to brass tacks, it's a pretty sketchy comparison basis. Kaepernick has five. With just one more, he'll tie Aaron Rodgers, who isn't too shabby a quarterback himself. Three more, and he'll tie Russell Wilson and Andrew Luck. And another five more and he'll tie the great Alex Smith.

Subzero717

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":2pcks4as said:
CALIHAWK1":2pcks4as said:
RolandDeschain":2pcks4as said:
CALIHAWK1":2pcks4as said:
Until its the game winning/tying drive and well.... He isnt terrible but, he's overated by supporters with stats like that.
Look where Romo is on the all-time QB 4th quarter comebacks list. Just sayin'.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/l ... career.htm

Eli is higher. Just sayin. I am suprised he is that high though.

Well, when you get right down to brass tacks, it's a pretty sketchy comparison basis. Kaepernick has five. With just one more, he'll tie Aaron Rodgers, who isn't too shabby a quarterback himself. Three more, and he'll tie Russell Wilson and Andrew Luck. And another five more and he'll tie the great Alex Smith.

Very good points. I have said several times football stats are stupid. Way too many variables to consider to validate.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
There is just no discussing some things with the bias some people have in this thread.

Yes, onanygivensunday, you're supposed to be mildly impressed with that. He's on a perpetually mediocre overall team that has had a bad defense nearly every year of his career, and out of ~300 QBs since 1960 that have two or more 4th quarter comebacks, he's tied for 20th. Is he an amazing, elite QB? No. But he is definitely good, and your bias from seeing a million meme pics about him choking don't change that. It's not some end-all, be-all stat, but my point is if you look at everything about Tony Romo, he is a pretty good QB.

Whatever, I don't have the patience right now to continue this discussion. Believe what you want.

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score

3Girls'HawkDad

Reaction score
No one is denying Romo is a good QB , his stats speak for themselves. He is a meaningless game stud. When playoffs are on the line (win and you're in, very few playoff games) he sucks. He is an honorary Coug from his ability to Coug it in important games.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Hawk Strap":fe8qgzvp said:
No one is denying Romo is a good QB , his stats speak for themselves. He is a meaningless game stud. When playoffs are on the line (win and you're in, very few playoff games) he sucks. He is an honorary Coug from his ability to Coug it in important games.
Actually, a number of people are in fact denying he's a good QB in this very thread. Also, he has had the same big-game tendencies of one Peyton Manning. His team's weaknesses get exposed more when it counts against good opponents. (Also, don't even try to 'go there' in terms of saying I think Romo's as good as Peyton, that's not it at all.)

lvnginhwktwn

Reaction score
As long as Dallas has Romo, I don't see them as a threat, and as long as Jerry Jones keeps trying to run things, I don't see them as a threat. Going to be fun to see how Romo and the Dallas cowgirls handle the NFC West next season.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Do I want Romo on my fantasy team? Hell YES!

DO I want him to QB for the Hawks? Hell NO!

davidonmi

Reaction score
Kaepernick deserves just as much as romo and cutler. If the 49ers won't give him 20 they're delusional

Marvin49

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure he'll settle for between 18 and 19 IF he gets extended this year.

When you consider that Rogers, Manning, Brady, Flacco, Ryan, Cutler, and Romo all make that much or more and that Wilson, Luck, RGIII and Newton WILL make that much or more, 18 mil makes you the ELEVENTH highest paid QB in the NFL.

...and Eli and Roethlisberger are only lower than that because they signed a few years ago.

General Manager

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":51ceuzpm said:
It has become very cliche to say Romo chokes away every big moment, but nobody has a better 4th quarter passer rating than him over the past like, four or five years. Not Brady, not Peyton, not Brees...Just sayin'. Lot of people would be surprised if they looked at Romo objectively.

Romo sucks , Jerry Jones sucks , Dallas sucks...Just sayin.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
On the Romo Subject. I think he is a pretty good QB and underrated. Sure there have been some primetime moments where he choked the game away but for his career he is top 5 ALL time in passer rating. Rodgers, Manning, Young, Rivers are ahead of him. He kind of reminds me of Brett Favre, who is known for throwing those game ending ints as well.

As a sidenote if you count 2 years starting and greater Wilson is #2 Alltime.

General Manager

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":ktgxz7xk said:
General Manager":ktgxz7xk said:
Romo sucks , Jerry Jones sucks , Dallas sucks...Just sayin.
I said "objectively", not "subjectively". Easy to mix them up; I understand.

No Roland I've seen Romo play many times he's a good QB not a great one, certainly not worth that idiotic contract.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
General Manager":21f7eheq said:
No Roland I've seen Romo play many times he's a good QB not a great one, certainly not worth that idiotic contract.
Then we have a fundamental disagreement on your quarterback assessment capabilities. 8)

Subzero717

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":1b6yitvn said:
General Manager":1b6yitvn said:
Then we have a fundamental disagreement on your quarterback assessment capabilities. 8)

Are you then saying he (Romo) is a great QB?

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
CALIHAWK1":hqzypm7c said:
RolandDeschain":hqzypm7c said:
General Manager":hqzypm7c said:

Are you then saying he (Romo) is a great QB?
Great? No. I'm saying he's pretty good, however. Better than Kaepernick right now, IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.