Colin Kaepernick wants $18M-plus annually from 49ers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
CALIHAWK1":1fays9rm said:
Coug_Hawk08":1fays9rm said:
Kaepernick should be looking at Henne's contract as a comp. Dudes crazy, ego for days.

???? How can you seriously justify that statement????

Kaep sucks, total boot licker. He is exactly who he was in college. Super athletic, big arm, not a great QB. 3 years in the NFL with very minimal progression. Kaepernick would be hilariously bad on a team like the Jags/Raiders etc. 49ers could do better, they really should draft a QB to compete and put the pressure on. They have a good opportunity to do that with all of the picks they have this year.

As for the ego, have you seen any of his photos that he posts, kissing the bicep, anything?

davidonmi

Reaction score
I hope u aren't serious with that. First two years starting, 5 yards away from a Super Bowl title, 19 yards away from making the SB and probably winning it. You're comments are just idiotic

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
kearly":1q8q3a9h said:
I think even at $18 million per, Kaepernick would have trade value, or at the very least you could find a team would take that contract off your hands with a waiver claim. He's not yet even a good QB, and yet look at how he punishes non-athletic defenses. He even rushed for 130 on Seattle's defense, by halftime. For all the talk about teams looking for the next Wilson, there are a lot of teams looking for the next Kaepernick too. In 2013 only one QB went 1st round- the guy who drew Kaep comparisons from everybody. Blake Bortles has a lot in common with Kaep, and he will probably go top 15, possibly #1.

If I was SF, I would look to deal Kaepernick to a team drafting high for their 1st rounder straight up, then use that pick on Bridgewater/Manziel/Bortles* or sign a vet (McCown, Vick, etc) and grab a QB somewhere else. He's "worth" $18 million but is he helping the 49ers at that price? Not a ton.

*(I think Bortles is probably fools gold, but I think Harbaugh could make him look good).

Of course, none of this will happen, because SF is one 8-8 season away from a nuclear meltdown.
They would never do that in a million years. They are locked into him just like Cutler and Chicago. To me they are at the same level. Very good with flashes of great with easily exploitable. weaknesses. Very likely permanent.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Let's not forget that while Kaepernick has fewer games started than Wilson, he's got an extra year in the league under a supposed genius QB guru.

If Kaepernick doesn't demonstrate marked improvement in reading NFL defenses (and ours doesn't count, we run vanilla stuff that uniquely suits us; easy to identify, hard to execute against) in the 2014 season, he's not worth a huge contract, IMO.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Don't say that! We want San Francisco to give him and Bennett the money. In so doing they gain entry into Jerruh's Irrelevant Club. We want that trust me.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Oh, I agree; we want it. I just think there's a decent chance they don't do it. As much evidence as there is to the contrary based on their fan base, they aren't stupid.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":1zqcvycd said:
Don't say that! We want San Francisco to give him and Bennett the money. In so doing they gain entry into Jerruh's Irrelevant Club. We want that trust me.

I'd be careful what you wish for. Whatever Kaepernick gets is going to be the initial starting floor for what the Hawks offer Wilson, and it will obviously go up from there. You can hate the 9ers, but this is a classic case of cutting off your nose to spite your face.

bigtrain21

Reaction score
Popeyejones":211xjucz said:
MizzouHawkGal":211xjucz said:

I'd be careful what you wish for. Whatever Kaepernick gets is going to be the initial starting floor for what the Hawks offer Wilson, and it will obviously go up from there. You can hate the 9ers, but this is a classic case of cutting off your nose to spite your face.

Did she ever give an amount that she wanted the 49ers to sign Kaepernick to in her post? You are taking quite a leap there with the point you are trying to make.

joeseahawks

Reaction score
$18millions is cheap, when you consider that the cap will hit $150 millions and possibly more in the coming years.
CK7 has taken his team to the SB (one throw away from winning it all) and the NFC-CG.
Regardless on how some people feel about Kaepernick, those are very valid credentials. He might not be a Payton Manning type thrower, but he does other things much better than Manning. He gets first downs, gains yardage, ... and he is much younger than Manning and Brees and Rogers...
Kaepernick will get paid. So will Russell Wilson.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
bigtrain21":3iwavsw9 said:
Popeyejones":3iwavsw9 said:
MizzouHawkGal":3iwavsw9 said:

Did she ever give an amount that she wanted the 49ers to sign Kaepernick to in her post? You are taking quite a leap there with the point you are trying to make.

A precise dollar amount? Nah. That said, if "give Kaepernick the money" means "give him 10 million a year" her post doesn't make any sense, whereas if it means "give Kaepernick 18-20 million dollars a year" her post does make sense, as does my response to it.* ;)

*(which of course doesn't mean anyone has to agree with the logic of my response or that it's the correct interpretation of events, but the response itself makes sense).

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
davidonmi":i2ivpepc said:
I hope u aren't serious with that. First two years starting, 5 yards away from a Super Bowl title, 19 yards away from making the SB and probably winning it. You're comments are just idiotic

And Kaep was the one responsible for their SB appearance? Who cares about 5 yards? He didn't make the play when it was actually all on the QB, and therefore is not a SB champion. The same way he didn't make the play against us. Huge difference, an L vs a W. They would have been in the SB with Alex Smith, too. Kaep survives because of his athleticism, harbaugh and the fact that he is on an epic team. Not his talent as a QB. You honestly think Kaep would be a difference maker on a bottom feeder team? Even Newton struggled with that, and he is a much much better QB than Kaep.

I don't agree with the argument that Kaep is an awesome QB and deserves huge money. Show me the facts that prove I am an idiot for thinking this way. Thanks.

Subzero717

Reaction score
Coug_Hawk08":1dbbuuua said:
davidonmi":1dbbuuua said:

I don't agree with the argument that Kaep is an awesome QB and deserves huge money. Show me the facts that prove I am an idiot for thinking this way. Thanks.

You dont have to think he is awesome. You just have to look at other QBs in the league that make what he is asking for. Thats the going rate for a QB of his caliber. I think some do sell him short of the things he has done. I dont care what the Niners do personally, I just dont remember threads this long when Cutler signed his extensio. Cutler is 1-9 vs GB with a decent enough defense and since Marshall came over better recievers. This years recievers corp in Chicago I would say is arguably the best in the league. Thats all.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Coug_Hawk08":d4hk635d said:
davidonmi":d4hk635d said:

And Kaep was the one responsible for their SB appearance? Who cares about 5 yards? He didn't make the play when it was actually all on the QB, and therefore is not a SB champion. The same way he didn't make the play against us. Huge difference, an L vs a W. They would have been in the SB with Alex Smith, too. Kaep survives because of his athleticism, harbaugh and the fact that he is on an epic team. Not his talent as a QB. You honestly think Kaep would be a difference maker on a bottom feeder team? Even Newton struggled with that, and he is a much much better QB than Kaep.

What total nonsense. I've heard the "He got there on great defense and a great running game. He had nothing to do with it" BS before. To make that argument tells me only that you aren't paying attention.

Winning is all that matters? He's 4-2 in the playoffs. 3 of those are road wins which is more that Joe Montana and Steve Young. Actually it's 3 times as many. Combined.

Just because of the run game? That might hold water if he wasn't the teams leading rusher in the playoffs these last two years. He has 507 yards (2nd all time by a QB already BTW) to Frank Gores 483. You can't say he only wins because of his running game when he IS the running game.

Just because of defense. That one would hold water as well if last year they hadn't allowed 31, 24, and 34 points in the playoffs last year. That might hold water if the defense hadn't given up 17 points to Atlanta to start the game or a huge lead to Baltimore in the SB. Perhaps if the D HAD shown up that day the 49ers wouldn't have set a record for points by the losing team. Perhaps 29 pts (not counting the safety) should have been enough.

This year. Still running like crazy despite playing in 14 below weather and against 2 of the best defenses in the NFL.

You can make the case all you want that he didn't win the SB and he didn't win the NFCCG, but the reality is that the people he's compared to in the salary conversation haven't even been close to even be playing in those games, let alone win them.

You can say he's not clutch. I'd disagree, but at least there might be something to point to there. Saying he's simply a crappy QB tho is ludicrous and nothing more than the fantasy of a fan of an opposing team

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":35dcu8hh said:
I know but can't I fantasize?
Yes; about a great many things. ;)

Marvin49":35dcu8hh said:
You can say he's not clutch. I'd disagree,
Why? Even crappy QBs (not calling him a crappy QB) make clutch plays sometimes. If someone is considered clutch, it means they consistently make impressive plays under a lot of pressure. I would not say Colin Kaepernick has demonstrated that with any sort of consistency. What's your argument to the contrary?

Marvin49

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":3usyae7g said:
MizzouHawkGal":3usyae7g said:

Marvin49":3usyae7g said:
You can say he's not clutch. I'd disagree,
Why? Even crappy QBs (not calling him a crappy QB) make clutch plays sometimes. If someone is considered clutch, it means they consistently make impressive plays under a lot of pressure. I would not say Colin Kaepernick has demonstrated that with any sort of consistency. What's your argument to the contrary?

I'd say coming back from a pick 6 in his first playoff start is clutch. I'd say coming back from 17 down on the road in the NFC Championship game is clutch. I'd say making 4th down conversions and running for a crucial 3rd down conversion to finish off another playoff game is clutch.

I can go on and on here, but you will just argue every one of them. My point tho was simply that I can see someone making the argent the other way, but saying he's just a crappy QB is ludicrous.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
You missed the point. Every QB has a list of clutch plays they've made. It's all about how often you are clutch when you need to be in terms of being considered a clutch QB. Either way, he's not a crappy QB.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":jnev18ho said:
MizzouHawkGal":jnev18ho said:

Was that Emperor Palpatine of Star Wars I just heard??? I am getting nervous now. LOL

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Seahawkfan80":24e3q5vp said:
Was that Emperor Palpatine of Star Wars I just heard??? I am getting nervous now. LOL
Honestly, I never even made that association with it. Amusing coincidence.

Marvin49

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2rc30fqc said:
You missed the point. Every QB has a list of clutch plays they've made. It's all about how often you are clutch when you need to be in terms of being considered a clutch QB. Either way, he's not a crappy QB.

No, I got your point. To me clutch is more than one play here and there. To me it's playing well when it matters. There have been individual plays during that time that make me think he's clutch, but I don't really want to debate it because I'm not changing your mind. I see why some peeps wouldn't see him the way I do considering the way the last two seasons have ended. I just see it differently.

Status
Not open for further replies.