Colts@Broncos

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
minormillikin":w71qwo3n said:
Wow, you guys sure hate Andrew Luck for no good reason.
Having his name shoved down our throats for the past 4.5 years straight by the media is a very good reason when he has yet to earn that hype, thank you very much.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
Luck, 83.1 rating. Now, rating is just a guideline stat, but I think it says a lot. Guy threw 2 INTs and his team LOST. guess what? If he could quit throwing INTs, his team wouldn't have lost this game. Granted, one was a pass the WR should have caught. But Indy ran the ball 14 times and passed 53. That's a one dimensional offense.

He's good, but he's not "the annointed one" the way the media hypes him up to be.

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
Phteven":1czmwcgk said:
I'm still wondering how he could say that no QB has ever been better in their first two years than Luck. That's crazy talk!

It is pretty idiotic. I choke on it but statistically Wilson has been better, and in my opinion it's more than statistics.

Luck is a great young QB, but the media has been on his nuts way too much. He isn't better than Wilson, Kaepernick, or Newton in my opinion.

He's just more white than they are.

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
Trent only had 6 carries dude. He did average 10 yards on his receptions and showed good hands. Also Bradshaw was averaging 5 yds per run and 14 yds per reception. Their running game would suck less if they were more committed to it.
But "Luck carries this team" so it doesn't matter that he keeps throwing INTs or how the Colts keep getting stops and turnovers for him to start his comebacks. Just like Mathis was just a nobody Luck had to carry last year. They sure miss his game tonight.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Russ Willstrong":262pwyee said:
But "Luck carries this team" so it doesn't matter that he keeps throwing INTs or how the Colts keep getting stops and turnovers for him to start his comebacks.
I'm ripping this off from NFSeahawks, but Luck carried his team right off the field tonight. Twice. 8)

El Caliente

Reaction score
Luck's interceptions were on his receivers heads, not his. Those balls got tipped, what's he supposed to do?

As for the game, that was a fun one to watch. The Colts were dead in the water, and they came back to nearly take the whole thing. Fun stuff.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
El Caliente":t9trsz8k said:
Luck's interceptions were on his receivers heads, not his. Those balls got tipped, what's he supposed to do?

As for the game, that was a fun one to watch. The Colts were dead in the water, and they came back to nearly take the whole thing. Fun stuff.
Jesus, reinvent history some more. The second one was the receiver's fault. The first one hit the hands of the defender that was freaking in FRONT of the receiver and went into another defender's hands for the interception, and that ball never should have been thrown in the first place because the defender covering him was already in great position to break it up or intercept it already.

Andrew Luck, doing no wrong since the media found his name over four years ago.

:roll:

OP
OP
ivotuk

ivotuk

Reaction score
Coaching staff sucks a big one. If they would actually make a game plan, then stick to it, they might win more. But as soon as they start to sweat, they put it on the passing game and crawl in to their shell.

Really, really bad coaching.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
El Caliente":2xx080wr said:

That first INT was entirely on Luck. He lobbed an inaccurate deep ball into double coverage. The throw was inherently risky by its very nature and shouldn't have been made based on the coverage, even if he could place it right. It was also a completely unnecessary throw made while the score was 3-0. It basically set up a 0-10 deficit for the Colts.

TXHawk

Reaction score
Luck did what he usually does...look great for stretches and bad at other times in the same game. Give him credit for leading the Colts back in the second half but he was part of the reason they were behind in the first place. I've never seen a team that is supposed to be a top contender fall behind by large margins as often as the Colts seem to do and part of that is because of Luck's inconsistency.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
I think the Colts starting center was out so they were working with a "patchwork" line but Trent Richardson is a better running back than he gets credit for. The Colts have designed their offense through Luck and their offense is set up for the deep passing game and doesn't support the run game very well. They got behind in this one and had to throw it a lot but early you could still tell they have no comitment to the running game.

Melencause

Reaction score
El Caliente":93ywmvi7 said:

I suppose he could throw through gaps... or over hands... but ya def not his fault... LOL

brimsalabim

Reaction score
rastahawk":1c63ts7n said:
Can I just add that Trent Richardson sucks.

Thanks
Trent is running behind a pass pro line. I'd like to see what he might do in our offense.

El Caliente

Reaction score
Who is revising history?
His 1st pass was where his receiver could catch it. The coverage wasn't incredibly tight, the receiver just didn't go for it (maybe got a case of alligator arms). The second was a tipped pass. I will credit him for the first int, but the second was on the receiver.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia ... c320e3f48f

I understand people here are angry at the media for anointing Luck a top tier qb, but thats no reason to get upset at Luck. Thats just the media being the media.

Given the choice between the two (RW and Luck) I go RW. As a Saints fan, and a fan of Brees, I am not as put off by short qb's as other people. Give me Brees over Manning or Brady, much like I am sure you guys would take RW over Luck, RG3, or any of his young counterparts.