Could this be our best team since 2013?

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Nah, according to some, the season is already toast. And we have zero chance to make it back to the Super Bowl :irishdrinkers:

mikeak

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":3cjz0r0j said:
Nah, according to some, the season is already toast. And we have zero chance to make it back to the Super Bowl :irishdrinkers:

and according to some we are not only winning the Super Bowl but this is a Dynasty........

mrt144

Reaction score
It's really hard to go back once you've tasted the fruit.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Who said dynasty? Need to win multiple SB's. But it has been a good run, and they are a contender. Anything can happen once you get in the playoffs. I just find it hilarious when someone assumes they have NO chance to win another title.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
I thought last year was our year. If we could've played the Pats in the superbowl for redemption after XLIX...
If Earl didn't get hurt...
If our O line didn't suck..
If we could've utilized Jimmy over Jermaine in the redzone more...
If we could've beat Arizona on Christmas eve to help get the #2 seed...

Hopefully this year is the year!

Largent80

Reaction score
nash72":zpzpfuef said:
Largent80":zpzpfuef said:
Were doomed, right?

Oh the Doom and Gloom of it all, Pete, Darrell, Tom, Kris....all underqualified and so terrible at every aspect of their jobs.

And the Players...Oh My GAWD......Suck, Suck, Suck everywhere you look.

Maybe the worst playoff team every year for 5 years that the league has EVER seen.

Doomed I tell you.

Where's your optimism? Cheer up already.

Wait, so you do see yourself?

nash72

Reaction score
Largent80":3tdmvt91 said:
nash72":3tdmvt91 said:
Largent80":3tdmvt91 said:
Were doomed, right?

Oh the Doom and Gloom of it all, Pete, Darrell, Tom, Kris....all underqualified and so terrible at every aspect of their jobs.

And the Players...Oh My GAWD......Suck, Suck, Suck everywhere you look.

Maybe the worst playoff team every year for 5 years that the league has EVER seen.

Doomed I tell you.

Where's your optimism? Cheer up already.

Wait, so you do see yourself?

Only in admiration when I pass by a mirror.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
This is the NFL, as long as you have a great owner, GM, coach and QB.............you've got a chance to win every year.

The rest just comes down to execution and health, some of which we've been lacking the past couple of years.

I know we're kinda spoiled, but being in the top 5 of teams every year that can win it all? I'll take that for the next 100 years.

semiahmoo

Reaction score
Might be. Maybe. Could be.

I do like the post-season efforts so far.

Running game is still a big ???

Defense a bit emotionally wobbly.

Gonna have to see what Training Camp brings us and then we'll have a better idea.

StoneCold

Reaction score
I predict:
13 wins
Top 5 in Offense
Top 2 in Defense
Playoffs
SB? Maybe. They do let the other teams play and that football has an odd shape.

If that comes true can we trade Nash72 to the WebZone? :)

classicaaron

Reaction score
I think the team definitely improved since last year but I don't follow other teams so im not sure how much they also improved. so hard to judge if we will be better or worse. honestly I expect the same type of season as last but a breakout rookie could push them over the top

nash72

Reaction score
StoneCold":2wp9nf77 said:
I predict:
13 wins
Top 5 in Offense
Top 2 in Defense
Playoffs

If this seasons team is as good as 2013's with the same results, i'll gladly leave on my own accord.

StoneCold

Reaction score
nash72":1v1gbj8t said:
StoneCold":1v1gbj8t said:
I predict:
13 wins
Top 5 in Offense
Top 2 in Defense
Playoffs

If this seasons team is as good as 2013's with the same results, i'll gladly leave on my own accord.

I'm just poking fun, and leaving is not necessary. Perhaps you could acquire some lightly rose tinted glasses?

nash72

Reaction score
StoneCold":14updrkh said:
nash72":14updrkh said:
StoneCold":14updrkh said:
I predict:
13 wins
Top 5 in Offense
Top 2 in Defense
Playoffs

I'm just poking fun, and leaving is not necessary. Perhaps you could acquire some lightly rose tinted glasses?

I have some, but I could never admit it publicly. (whoops)

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
That team had Kam in his prime, Earl in his Prime, a healthy Lynch (or reasonably healthy) and Bennett and Avril much younger/faster.

That team was arguably one of the best defenses ever with maybe THE best secondary ever.

Lynch was in prime form.

Our offensive line was actually pretty good.

That entire team goes down as one of the best teams to play football ever.

So it is just folly to ask if this team could be better. No. Of course not.

Just filling all the holes from last year, a team that could not even beat it's division foe when it had the chance to put the season away, isn't going to make it the next 2013 team either. That ship has sailed.

Just weird to even ask the question honestly.

Unless our secondary somehow reverses aging 5 years and gets half our backups back and healthy this is a ridiculous thing to wonder.

And remember this kind of crud was being said at the beginning of last year too. Ick.

Chapow

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":35l3yc4p said:
That team had Kam in his prime, Earl in his Prime, a healthy Lynch (or reasonably healthy) and Bennett and Avril much younger/faster.

That team was arguably one of the best defenses ever with maybe THE best secondary ever.

Lynch was in prime form.

Our offensive line was actually pretty good.

That entire team goes down as one of the best teams to play football ever.

So it is just folly to ask if this team could be better. No. Of course not.

Just filling all the holes from last year, a team that could not even beat it's division foe when it had the chance to put the season away, isn't going to make it the next 2013 team either. That ship has sailed.

Just weird to even ask the question honestly.

Unless our secondary somehow reverses aging 5 years and gets half our backups back and healthy this is a ridiculous thing to wonder.

And remember this kind of crud was being said at the beginning of last year too. Ick.

Nobody asked if this team could be better than the 2013 team. The question was could this be our best team since 2013. Big difference.

Just weird to answer a question that wasn't even asked as though it was honestly.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Except almost that exact team came back to take us to the SB the very next year.

And that team played one of the greatest dynasties to a standstill, even with one of the greatest coaches ever on the their sideline.

But for the failure of our own OC we win that game.

So even then, the question makes no sense.

Our team is nowhere near as good defensively, the offensive line is worse and we haven't made up for those short comings offensively. Nor will we.

The 2013 and even 2014 teams were special windows of time this team was playing special football with some of the best players ever at their positions in their prime.

Again, a baffling question.

Short answer, not even close.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Without a doubt this could be our most powerful team since '13.

We have amazing veteran leadership from players in their prime and one of the best coaching staffs in the league.

As usual, the trenches will be crucial. A little bit more pressure on the QB is needed and our O line needs to come together to protect Russ and open up some run lanes. I see both of those areas improving.

I'll be wearing my Hawks colors proudly!