Darrell Bevell To Falcons?

Tical21

Reaction score
Sark was quietly pretty good. Just wasn't Shanahan. He will be scooped up quickly.

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
KitsapGuy":3f9r53va said:
Falcons: Fired offensive coordinator Steve Sarkisian, defensive coordinator Marquand Manuel, and special teams coach Keith Armstrong. Head coach Dan Quinn will take over as defensive coordinator. Reportedly interviewing former Seahawks offensive coordinator Darrell Bevell.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2 ... 05181016=1

I bet the Failcons board explodes if he gets hired.

hawknation2018

Reaction score
Sox-n-Hawks":3tpv37yu said:
KitsapGuy":3tpv37yu said:
Falcons: Fired offensive coordinator Steve Sarkisian, defensive coordinator Marquand Manuel, and special teams coach Keith Armstrong. Head coach Dan Quinn will take over as defensive coordinator. Reportedly interviewing former Seahawks offensive coordinator Darrell Bevell.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2 ... 05181016=1

I bet the Failcons board explodes if he gets hired.

I would like the Seahawks to bring in Marquand Manuel to coach the secondary.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Bevell wont work on a team that employs a total statue as their franchise quarterback.

Do I think he's the worst OC ever? Absolutely not.
Do I think he's good? No.
Is he better than Sark? Probably.

hawknation2018

Reaction score
It would be great to continue to see the Falcons held back by terrible play calling. It’s an objectively talented offense with one KEY ingredient missing.

This could spell the end of Dan Quinn’s HC tenure.

chris98251

Reaction score
Bevell only looked at so far as a OC, no head coaching jobs right now. Marquand would not be a bad bring back, he worked here before as a Coach before going to the Jags and then the Falcons. He may get hired by one of the many new coaches as a DC though.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
hawknation2018":3nznzygw said:
It would be great to continue to see the Falcons held back by terrible play calling. It’s an objectively talented offense with one KEY ingredient missing.

This could spell the end of Dan Quinn’s HC tenure.
Dan Quinn is committing head coaching job suicide if he does this.
It will be a spectacular failure.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
"Fire off an interview invite to Darrell Bevell, won't you?"

"Okay."

buffdown.jpg

bevellisthedevil

Reaction score
I would love to see the run/option with Ryan. I think it would work really well. Those sexy bubble screens. I don't know how the falcons could turn down such a brilliant OC. I am all for it.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":18100t27 said:
There is a reason why he hasn’t found a gig yet. It’s because his potential employers in college and the NFL have come to the same conclusion I have.

He hasn't found a gig because of Cris Collinsworth, who set the narrative for Bevell on "The Play" and ensured that stigma would follow him around wherever he went.

It's much more defensible to say that Bevell was a bog-average OC with a deficiency at keeping Wilson disciplined. Not Satan, not McDaniels, not Schotty. Otherwise, you're having to argue that the guy who got us to two Super Bowl appearances and won one of them is somehow a horrible OC.