Darrell Bevell To Falcons?

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
knownone":n0y2eaq3 said:
chris98251":n0y2eaq3 said:
knownone":n0y2eaq3 said:
I think you guys are being awfully harsh on Bevell. He's not an inventive offensive mind but he's a better coordinator than Sark and that's kind of all the Falcons really need.

He earned it, took no responsibility for anything and through his players under the bus. Deserves everything he gets and glad he is gone and unemployed.
Haha... This is exactly what I mean.
Well, it’s the truth.

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":dhr9pcxo said:
knownone":dhr9pcxo said:
chris98251":dhr9pcxo said:
knownone":dhr9pcxo said:
I think you guys are being awfully harsh on Bevell. He's not an inventive offensive mind but he's a better coordinator than Sark and that's kind of all the Falcons really need.

He earned it, took no responsibility for anything and through his players under the bus. Deserves everything he gets and glad he is gone and unemployed.
Haha... This is exactly what I mean.
Well, it’s the truth.

We agree on something!

knownone

Reaction score
chris98251":9apbt50f said:
knownone":9apbt50f said:
chris98251":9apbt50f said:
In 7 years he never took any accountability for his ineptitude here.

Not so different then some posters never admitting they are wrong..........
It took me less than 30 seconds to find quotes of him taking accountability.

"I can do a better job; I can get us into some better situations—we can run the ball ..."

http://www.seattletimes.com/sports/seah ... -bevell-3/

Cliche's and pacification, no ownership.
You have every right to make the assumption that he's not actually taking ownership but you are doing so based solely on intuition and not on anything concrete or based firmly in reality. I don't have any issues with this line of reasoning. It's just hard to have a discussion about a topic when someone is treating their intuition as a definitive or a fact when it's still just an opinion.

Here's an example.

You state a definitive "In 7 years he never took any accountability for his ineptitude here."

I point out that he has in fact taken accountability with a quote from Bevell (concrete).

You then state an opinion based on that fact. But your opinion does not define that fact for anyone but yourself. This means the discussion is a contradiction that hinges on your interpretation of the facts and it's not really a discussion at all if I need you to tell me which facts have meaning and which don't.

I normally don't pay any attention to this type of stuff but I got a chuckle out of you saying 'some posters never admit when they are wrong' and subsequently failed to admit when you were wrong :p.

Maulbert

Reaction score
Bevell is a better O coordinator than anyone here will ever give him credit for. I'm not saying he's great, but he's nowhere near as bad as most people here portray him as. I at the very least believe he should have the right to prove himself without having a turnip for an offensive line coach/running game coordinator. Cable is garbage and got another shot. Bevell deserves no less.

Also, Sarkisian sucks. I can't say what I think of anyone convinced he's better than Bevell. At least Bevell wasn't a drunk.

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
Maulbert":1becs9g3 said:
Bevell is a better O coordinator than anyone here will ever give him credit for. I'm not saying he's great, but he's nowhere near as bad as most people here portray him as. I at the very least believe he should have the right to prove himself without having a turnip for an offensive line coach/running game coordinator. Cable is garbage and got another shot. Bevell deserves no less.

Also, Sarkisian sucks. I can't say what I think of anyone convinced he's better than Bevell. At least Bevell wasn't a drunk.

His play calling and lack of ability to adapt his game plan sure seemed like he was at time. Bevell sucks. There’s a reason he is the only coordinator from Seattle that wasn’t swooped up in the off season.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
sdog1981":26yr2xpy said:
Bevell won a Superbowl is revisionist history. The Seahawks were doing everything to could to keep Denver in the game with their offense.

Assuming the OC's intentions based solely off the results of the play is right up there with burning your hand on a stovetop as one of the dumbest things you can do.

You know there's offensive execution and defensive interference that have an influence on the result, too, right?

sdog1981

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":12kzcx7s said:
sdog1981":12kzcx7s said:
Bevell won a Superbowl is revisionist history. The Seahawks were doing everything to could to keep Denver in the game with their offense.

Assuming the OC's intentions based solely off the results of the play is right up there with burning your hand on a stovetop as one of the dumbest things you can do.

You know there's offensive execution and defensive interference that have an influence on the result, too, right?

My other problem with Bevell is he refused to stand up for himself and demand Cable be fired. He let Cable cost him millions of dollars of career earnings.

Maulbert

Reaction score
Sox-n-Hawks":tkxf4xp5 said:
Maulbert":tkxf4xp5 said:

His play calling and lack of ability to adapt his game plan sure seemed like he was at time. Bevell sucks. There’s a reason he is the only coordinator from Seattle that wasn’t swooped up in the off season.

So the fact that Gruden was stupid enough to hire Cable makes Cable a good coach? If Cincinnati hires Hue Jackson as their head coach, does that make him good? Being employed is no sign of competence.

chris98251

Reaction score
knownone":3cl45l95 said:
chris98251":3cl45l95 said:
knownone":3cl45l95 said:
chris98251":3cl45l95 said:
In 7 years he never took any accountability for his ineptitude here.

Not so different then some posters never admitting they are wrong..........
It took me less than 30 seconds to find quotes of him taking accountability.

"I can do a better job; I can get us into some better situations—we can run the ball ..."

http://www.seattletimes.com/sports/seah ... -bevell-3/

Cliche's and pacification, no ownership.
You have every right to make the assumption that he's not actually taking ownership but you are doing so based solely on intuition and not on anything concrete or based firmly in reality. I don't have any issues with this line of reasoning. It's just hard to have a discussion about a topic when someone is treating their intuition as a definitive or a fact when it's still just an opinion.

Here's an example.

You state a definitive "In 7 years he never took any accountability for his ineptitude here."

I point out that he has in fact taken accountability with a quote from Bevell (concrete).

You then state an opinion based on that fact. But your opinion does not define that fact for anyone but yourself. This means the discussion is a contradiction that hinges on your interpretation of the facts and it's not really a discussion at all if I need you to tell me which facts have meaning and which don't.

I normally don't pay any attention to this type of stuff but I got a chuckle out of you saying 'some posters never admit when they are wrong' and subsequently failed to admit when you were wrong :p.

Where did he say in those quotes I messed up, I need to be held accountable. He didn't that's not intuitive that's fact, lack of personal accountability, it was always we or something. That's not accountability.

He never took accountability for Lynch not running the ball, lack of ability to use Graham well, the whole Harvin debacle and how his use of him and friction basically made Harvin who is a head case quit and not play most the season pissing off the other players. There are a lot of things he was involved with that he won't stand up and take the hit for. Easier for Pete to run interference for him or blame a player.

Flyingsquad23

Reaction score
sdog1981":2kzgot7g said:
Bevell won a Superbowl is revisionist history. The Seahawks were doing everything to could to keep Denver in the game with their offense. The crown jewel in the Bevell crown is a polished turd.

Check out the drive log.

http://www.nfl.com/liveupdate/gamecente ... mebook.pdf
The only turd I see is this revisionist take on that game. 36-0 late in the 3rd is in no way keeping them in it. Seattle’s offense outplayed the “greatest” bronco offense in almost every way. I get it, most everyone here hated Bevell and won’t give him any credit whatsoever but that win and the trip to the next SB go on his resume. I will agree that it was time to move on but isn’t it time for his haters to move on. For what it’s worth many knowledgeable people here crowned DeFillippo the next great thing...fired before the season ended, does that mean he sucks worse than Bevell?

For/against Bevell is irrelevant at this point but this thread will be a good revisit should he get another opportunity.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Flyingsquad23":crlkfzgg said:
sdog1981":crlkfzgg said:
Bevell won a Superbowl is revisionist history. The Seahawks were doing everything to could to keep Denver in the game with their offense. The crown jewel in the Bevell crown is a polished turd.

Check out the drive log.

http://www.nfl.com/liveupdate/gamecente ... mebook.pdf
The only turd I see is this revisionist take on that game. 36-0 late in the 3rd is in no way keeping them in it. Seattle’s offense outplayed the “greatest” bronco offense in almost every way. I get it, most everyone here hated Bevell and won’t give him any credit whatsoever but that win and the trip to the next SB go on his resume. I will agree that it was time to move on but isn’t it time for his haters to move on. For what it’s worth many knowledgeable people here crowned DeFillippo the next great thing...fired before the season ended, does that mean he sucks worse than Bevell?

For/against Bevell is irrelevant at this point but this thread will be a good revisit should he get another opportunity.
Actually XLVIII was one of DB’s BEST called games, unfortunately XLIX was his worst and cost the franchise a second Lombardi Trophy.

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
Maulbert":2gt81xtp said:
Sox-n-Hawks":2gt81xtp said:
Maulbert":2gt81xtp said:

So the fact that Gruden was stupid enough to hire Cable makes Cable a good coach? If Cincinnati hires Hue Jackson as their head coach, does that make him good? Being employed is no sign of competence.

That's your best defense of Bevell?

1826195 1

Maulbert

Reaction score
Sox-n-Hawks":10dklg8j said:
Maulbert":10dklg8j said:
Sox-n-Hawks":10dklg8j said:
Maulbert":10dklg8j said:

1826195 1

Weak? Like the argument that he's unemployed proves he's bad?

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
Maulbert":qot2q9jo said:
Sox-n-Hawks":qot2q9jo said:
Maulbert":qot2q9jo said:
Sox-n-Hawks":qot2q9jo said:

1826195 1

It doesn't prove he's good. I wasn't arguing. Stating a fact. Bevell sucks. There's good reason he isn't employed. Period.

Maulbert

Reaction score
Sox-n-Hawks":2qnhakez said:
Maulbert":2qnhakez said:
Sox-n-Hawks":2qnhakez said:
Maulbert":2qnhakez said:

1826195 1

It doesn't prove he's good. I wasn't arguing. Stating a fact. Bevell sucks. There's good reason he isn't employed. Period.

My only point is complete idiots get jobs. Being unemployed means nothing. Rich Kotite replaced Pete Carroll in New York in 1995. Kotite's record in his final 39 games as a head coach was 4-35.

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
Maulbert":3452xjzz said:
Sox-n-Hawks":3452xjzz said:
Maulbert":3452xjzz said:
Sox-n-Hawks":3452xjzz said:

1826195 1

My only point is complete idiots get jobs. Being unemployed means nothing. Rich Kotite replaced Pete Carroll in New York in 1995. Kotite's record in his final 39 games as a head coach was 4-35.

In Bevells situation it’s indicative of his performance, you’ll find very few people who disagree. The founder of Paul Mitchell hair products was living in his car at one point. Being unemployed doesn’t mean you suck.

However, Bevells ineptitude is why he is unemployed. Drawing a comparison to xxxx coach is silliness. Atlanta is looking at Bevell for the same reason Cable was hired in Oakland. Personal connections. Not demonstrated performance.

Like I said, your comment was weak sauce.

OP
OP
KitsapGuy

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/DOrlandoAJC/status/1082459672249020416[/tweet]

Koetter may have accepted the position. Late Monday, a high-ranking team official when asked to confirm would say only there is no agreement at this time.

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution identified Koetter as the leading candidate last week.

Koetter, the former Tampa Bay head coach, interviewed with the Falcons on Saturday. He will replace Steve Sarkisian, who was one of three Falcons coordinators fired after a 7-9 season. Koetter previously served as offensive coordinator with the Falcons from 2012-14 and worked with quarterback Matt Ryan.

Koetter was fired by Tampa Bay a day after losing to the Falcons in the regular-season finale. He was one of three known candidates to interview for the position, along with former Seattle offensive coordinator Darrell Bevell and former Falcons offensive coordinator and Buffalo, Jacksonville and Tennessee head coach Mike Mularkey. The Falcons request to speak to Gary Kubiak was reportedly blocked by Denver.

OP
OP
KitsapGuy

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/DOrlandoAJC/status/1082459672249020416[/tweet]

Koetter may have accepted the position. Late Monday, a high-ranking team official when asked to confirm would say only there is no agreement at this time.

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution identified Koetter as the leading candidate last week.

Koetter, the former Tampa Bay head coach, interviewed with the Falcons on Saturday. He will replace Steve Sarkisian, who was one of three Falcons coordinators fired after a 7-9 season. Koetter previously served as offensive coordinator with the Falcons from 2012-14 and worked with quarterback Matt Ryan.

Koetter was fired by Tampa Bay a day after losing to the Falcons in the regular-season finale. He was one of three known candidates to interview for the position, along with former Seattle offensive coordinator Darrell Bevell and former Falcons offensive coordinator and Buffalo, Jacksonville and Tennessee head coach Mike Mularkey. The Falcons request to speak to Gary Kubiak was reportedly blocked by Denver.

Latest posts