Dave Grosby of 710 says he'd rather have Unger than Graham .

Basis4day

Reaction score
Northwest Seahawk":30t4mdj1 said:
hawkfan68":30t4mdj1 said:
Hawks46":30t4mdj1 said:
hawkfan68":30t4mdj1 said:
Dave Grosby is a Cowboys fan...pretty much tell you about his football knowledge. He's so bad I'm surprised he still has a radio spot at ESPN 710.

This makes no sense. Gros is such a massive Seahawk homer that it makes him look dumb at times.

I can't see how that makes him a Cowboys fan.

He's said it many times. He comes on Clayton's show on Saturday mornings and they have talked many times about how his favorite team is the Cowboys.

He is a Cowboys fan he's made that clear many many times.

IIRC His dad (Who was also in the radio business) took him to a Dallas Cowboys camp when he was 10 and he ended up catching passes from Roger Staubach. Hes been a cowboys fan ever since.

He was present for "The Catch" at Candlestick and claims he can point himself out in the video. Worst sports experience of his life.

OP
OP
N

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
Tical21":4ae2bz58 said:
Hawks46":4ae2bz58 said:
hawkfan68":4ae2bz58 said:
Dave Grosby is a Cowboys fan...pretty much tell you about his football knowledge. He's so bad I'm surprised he still has a radio spot at ESPN 710.

This makes no sense. Gros is such a massive Seahawk homer that it makes him look dumb at times.

He's definitely a Cowboys fan.

The point he's making is that we were already really thin and had a bad O-line, and that Graham is a bad fit for our system, both of which I agree with. However, our need for an offensive weapon ends up trumping all.

Graham looked just fine making that catch for a first down on Friday and you can't say he's a bad fit when he's never played in this Offense. They will line him up at WR as well he's more than just a TE he's an offensive weapon at least he was in NO. Now if they just put him at TE to block most of the time then there idiots but does anyone really believe that's how there going to use him on Offense C'mon man.

Tical21

Reaction score
Northwest Seahawk":1tyna83l said:
Tical21":1tyna83l said:
Hawks46":1tyna83l said:
hawkfan68":1tyna83l said:

He's definitely a Cowboys fan.

The point he's making is that we were already really thin and had a bad O-line, and that Graham is a bad fit for our system, both of which I agree with. However, our need for an offensive weapon ends up trumping all.

Graham looked just fine making that catch for a first down on Friday and you can't say he's a bad fit when he's never played in this Offense. They will line him up at WR as well he's more than just a TE he's an offensive weapon at least he was in NO. Now if they just put him at TE to block most of the time then there idiots but does anyone really believe that's how there going to use him on Offense C'mon man.
I'm just saying, before we acquired him, if you listed all of the TE's in the league ranked from those that figure to be a great fit on the team that runs more often and more physicaly than all the other teams, he would be pretty far down that list.

Now, if you ranked them as far as great weapons for teams that badly need them, he'd be #1.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Hawks46":wj1qe2la said:
Gros is Capt. Overreaction.

When you have a chance to get a generational talent like Graham in his prime, you do it. Period.

I also just kinda helps when it covers a position of need.
He is also a cowboys fan so you have to factor that in as well.

OP
OP
N

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
Sure you could say a TE that can block like a RT and catch like Graham would be a better fit but what's the point . I can't think of another TE in the league that can do both that well and if there are they aren't getting traded are they.
The Seahawks didn't bring him in to block bro.

Tical21

Reaction score
Northwest Seahawk":bpzn26ct said:
Sure you could say a TE that can block like a RT and catch like Graham would be a better fit but what's the point . I can't think of another TE in the league that can do both that well and if there are they aren't getting traded are they.
I know they didn't, and for a running team, that's not necessarily a good thing, considering nobody else seems to be blocking either.

OP
OP
N

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
Tical21":1z014bw9 said:
Northwest Seahawk":1z014bw9 said:
I know they didn't, and for a running team, that's not necessarily a good thing, considering nobody else seems to be blocking either.

I wouldn't be concerned they will keep a TE that can block in case Graham turns out to be a turnstile but I honestly think he will surprise some and block well enough that he won't be the liability that's been talked about.

Happypuppy

Reaction score
They may well go with two TE and an extra guard. Blocking is a need with this line. I can't see keeping " hands of stone " McCoy

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Unger had become an expensive roster inclusion as he was hurt a lot over the past two seasons. the trade yielded an All Pro TE and a genuine redzone threat something the team needed. This accomplished while freeing the team fro Unger's cap hit as his salary was traded away and the team got Graham with no guaranteed money. It was a good trade for the Seahawks and Grosby can eat my shorts.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Throw makes a good point, when WAS the last time we had Unger? Let alone a good snap from Unger?
I liked the guy, but he flat out couldn't stay healthy.

Seafan

Reaction score
Hawks46":3vud46kt said:
hawkfan68":3vud46kt said:

You obviously haven't listened to his show much and I sadly must admit I've listened too often. Groz is the worst radio personality at 710. He doesn't keep up with the game and he's a 'boys homer. Enough said.

canfan

Reaction score
Hawks46":22rn4k86 said:
hawkfan68":22rn4k86 said:

He is absolutely a Cowboys fan...says so repeatedly. As far as being a Seahawks homer, I just don't see it. In fact I think at times he is very subtly trolling the Seahawk fans just for his own amusement. To me his "homer" remarks drip of sarcasm.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
I say that we run him out of town on a post. [/SARCASM]

Groz is Grade A opinionated so don't take his comments too seriously.

If he had said something along these lines, then I tend to agree with him... "I'd rather have a healthy Zach Miller to stay in and run-block and kept Max than trading Max for Graham and having to find a new center."

But that option does not exist... meaning we no longer have a healthy Zach Miller. That ship has sailed.

Ozzy

Reaction score
Throwdown":3t3lu36i said:
Honestly when's the last time we actually had Unger?

This for the win. We went 8-2 in his absence and he played hurt when he was on the field. I love the guy but it was the right move.

ctrcat

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":ky7urqyo said:
Throw makes a good point, when WAS the last time we had Unger? Let alone a good snap from Unger?
I liked the guy, but he flat out couldn't stay healthy.

He definitely played in the divisional round when Russ went 8-8 on 3rd down. But I didn't know he rolled his ankle in the final minutes and don't know how much that affected him going forward. http://www.sportsoutwest.com/2015/01/13 ... -panthers/

dukestar

Reaction score
Great GMs know that you get rid of players 1 year too early as opposed to 1 year too late. Bill Walsh lived by this and that is why he let guys that were still productive like Rice and Montana among others. Trading Unger for Graham was the right move in the long term. Keeping Unger for one more year would have resulted in us not getting someone like Graham in exchange.

Latest posts