Davis Hsu With an Interesting Take on Twitter

bmorepunk

Reaction score
EastCoastHawksFan":3t61z1ij said:
Not one comment in this thread actually pertains to football. but continue..

Cover16.jpg

SeatownJay

Reaction score
Wilson is the leader of this team on offense. It's his responsibility to get on other players and call them out if they're not pulling their weight. That will probably get on some players nerves, but I don't care. I'd be more concerned if Wilson wasn't getting on people for not working on getting better.

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
Russ Willstrong":3e94t0z1 said:
Wilson the ultimate competitor 2014 Time line:
1. Tate... Best friends on/off field. Too close bruh... Gone.
2. ADB: "Luck is better" .... RW gives him the broken teeth pass.
3. Exwife... RW says she will never fake it better than our robot qb. Gone.
4. Harvin.... Unable to run a route tree after 5 years in the NFL. RW chews him out. Gone.

Our little BIG quarterback is still A BULLY AT HEART!

I wish we could favourite posts. This one got me.

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
All this garbage coming to light makes me think this is why Pete killed the RRR. They did a masterful job of coralling all the locker room BS, at least until Percy was shown the door.

Sealake80

Reaction score
Wilson expecting other guys to work as hard as him definitely rubs some guys the wrong way. I'm cool with that.

seahawk12thman

Reaction score
TwilightError":zbcjgtt9 said:
dumbrabbit":zbcjgtt9 said:
You know the effect of trading Harvin is? Pretty much half of the offense gets speculated on, causing the players to have to make statements soon, which then there might be some morale issues. Now a lot of people are being speculated, which might cause distractions.

Then again, it is also a statement from the FO. Buy in, be what we need, or get out. No matter what status you hold, UDFA or a superstar veteran.

We have all been forced fed this crap but I don't buy it anymore. Does Lynch laughing on the sideline constitute "buying in"? The truth is there are certain rules for some and different rules for others. The more correct way of saying it is know your role or get cut.

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
Pete Carroll arrives, asks players to change seats in a meeting. One guy doesn't. He's gone.

Russell Wilson arrives, misses veteran free agent Kellen Winslow, Jr. in practice. Says he'll get him next time. Winslow brushes him off. Russell gets in his face and makes his point heard. Winslow is gone.

All this noise behind the scenes with Percy. He's gone.

Consistency.

Same game. Players (and their attitudes) come and go.

Sac

Reaction score
seahawk12thman":13cs9ax5 said:
TwilightError":13cs9ax5 said:
dumbrabbit":13cs9ax5 said:
You know the effect of trading Harvin is? Pretty much half of the offense gets speculated on, causing the players to have to make statements soon, which then there might be some morale issues. Now a lot of people are being speculated, which might cause distractions.

Then again, it is also a statement from the FO. Buy in, be what we need, or get out. No matter what status you hold, UDFA or a superstar veteran.

We have all been forced fed this crap but I don't buy it anymore. Does Lynch laughing on the sideline constitute "buying in"? The truth is there are certain rules for some and different rules for others. The more correct way of saying it is know your role or get cut.
Lynch is just about that action.

As long as you bust your ass in practice and games, and don't start fights, you're fine. If I were Lynch I'd be sitting there laughing at the ridiculousness of it all too.

seahawk12thman

Reaction score
SacHawk2.0":rammpzlm said:
seahawk12thman":rammpzlm said:
TwilightError":rammpzlm said:
dumbrabbit":rammpzlm said:

Lynch is just about that action.

As long as you bust your ass in practice and games, and don't start fights, you're fine. If I were Lynch I'd be sitting there laughing at the ridiculousness of it all too.

Laughing at what? Losing? Lynch is all about himself, he just enjoys football. That was pretty evident after last years Cardinals game when he flipped off the sideline because his number wasn't called.

themunn

Reaction score
Russ Willstrong":3dhoedez said:
Wilson the ultimate competitor 2014 Time line:
1. Tate... Best friends on/off field. Too close bruh... Gone.
2. ADB: "Luck is better" .... RW gives him the broken teeth pass.
3. Exwife... RW says she will never fake it better than our robot qb. Gone.
4. Harvin.... Unable to run a route tree after 5 years in the NFL. RW chews him out. Gone.

Our little BIG quarterback is still A BULLY AT HEART!

If Wilson feels he didn't perform to 100% after a game, will he force himself out?? No room for that kind of effort on the team

TwilightError

Reaction score
seahawk12thman":2aq1rz9b said:
Laughing at what? Losing? Lynch is all about himself, he just enjoys football. That was pretty evident after last years Cardinals game when he flipped off the sideline because his number wasn't called.

I'd say you misjudge Lynchs character and sense of humour totally. The flipping looked like two guys goofing around (Lynch and Bevell).

Who knows what he was laughing at last game. we did not hear what was said there. You cant seriously be saying he should be treated the same way as a locker room cancer for that?

Bu yeah, some players might need (and get) a little more space than others. It is what it is.

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
seahawk12thman":1tfg2ftc said:
TwilightError":1tfg2ftc said:
dumbrabbit":1tfg2ftc said:

Maybe the coaching staff can handle differences of opinion between them and players. Maybe lack of effort, commitment, and untenable player conflicts are their dividing line. Even then, this organization under Pete Carroll is all about providing every opportunity for a player to become the best he can be. Yoga, meditation, sports psychologists. All the support is there, including counseling, nutritionists, and second chances.

Percy gets into it with Golden. Okay, one-on-one conflicts happen. They already invested a lot in Percy, so they keep him. Then he has a scrape with Baldwin. With hindsight they realize the Golden incident was more than a one-off disagreement. They test the waters on trading him. Then Percy goes at Russell? Percy refuses to play against Dallas? Strike three. You're out.

If you know of any conflict between Lynch and a teammate, please provide a link.

Having the exact same rules for 53 different people is not always the best way to manage 53 different people. Outside the military, it's usually impractical.

Pete is all about maximizing the individual within the team concept. This is impossible to do when applying a cookie-cutter system of discipline to such a diversity of personalities, emotions, egos, business dealings, etc. The key word is equitable. It's actually more fair to take the whole person and their context into account when assessing their behavior, rather than measuring one set of criteria against a range of behaviors, abilities, attitudes, etc.

Classroom analogy. 4th graders are adept at crying "no fair!" One kid gets a special eraser on his pencil, while another does not and yells "no fair!" Well, if the kid didn't get one because he keeps eating them, then that decision is totally fair and equitable. It looks like different rules for different kids, and to the kid who gets left out it looks like favoritism. But it's really not. It's in the best interest of each individual, and the whole class at large.

Marshawn listening to his music, not talking to media, even flipping off his OC during a game, are not allowed by special rules made up just for Marshawn. Every player is given room and resources to be the best he can be. When he crosses a line, he gets talked to. Not smacked around, not benched, not publicly embarrassed. He gets talked to and if he agrees that his behavior is detrimental to himself and the team, he gets an opportunity to rectify it. If he keeps crossing the line and tries to sow seeds of discontent amongst the players, he is gone.

That's been totally consistent with this organization, and it's been fairly administered.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
I'm starting to think of all the players, the most mature one is Richard Sherman....how ironic!

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
Surprised at all of the hate for Davis Hsu. Will grant that he's smug, but I think that he's a very interesting follow who knows his stuff and I'm very much interested in continuing to hear his thoughts. To each their own though.

seahawk12thman

Reaction score
TwilightError":1ikgco6f said:
seahawk12thman":1ikgco6f said:

I'd say you misjudge Lynchs character and sense of humour totally. The flipping looked like two guys goofing around (Lynch and Bevell).

Who knows what he was laughing at last game. we did not hear what was said there. You cant seriously be saying he should be treated the same way as a locker room cancer for that?

Bu yeah, some players might need (and get) a little more space than others. It is what it is.

I never said he was a cancer, his selfishness serves him but as long as he doesn't drag other down I don't think he is a cancer. I honestly can't wait till tomorrow.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
Some people are always jealous of Mr. Perfect who gets all the attention. And that includes Davis Hsu.

Good job, Davis, for once again looking like a judgmental, self-indulgent rumor monger. Harvin, Tate, and Baldwin all take hits to the head for a living. What is Hsu's excuse for this lack of professionalism?

Hsu's twitter rant about how Wilson is "fake" and "contrived" for spending hundreds of hours in the off-season working with underprivileged kids at his passing academies . . .

[tweet]https://twitter.com/DavisHsuSeattle/status/489095154679042048[/tweet]
[tweet]https://twitter.com/DavisHsuSeattle/status/489095239567560707[/tweet]
[tweet]https://twitter.com/DavisHsuSeattle/status/489097475773317120[/tweet]
[tweet]https://twitter.com/DavisHsuSeattle/status/489101213242097664[/tweet]

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
The team leader and franchise QB is all business and rubs the wrong way those who aren't. Oh, DEAR. Whatever shall we do?

Maybe...get rid of those who aren't and go on winning Super Bowls?

If Wilson serves as a blacklight to identify the uncommitted, I find myself unable to get upset. Hell, maybe Harvin won't be the last guy to get driven off.

lobohawk

Reaction score
hawknation2014":2naetcpy said:
Some people are always jealous of Mr. Perfect who gets all the attention. And that includes Davis Hsu.

Good job, Davis, for once again looking like a judgmental, self-indulgent rumor monger. Harvin, Tate, and Baldwin all take hits to the head for a living. What is Hsu's excuse for this lack of professionalism?

Hsu's twitter rant about how Wilson is "fake" and "contrived" for spending hundreds of hours in the off-season working with underprivileged kids at his passing academies . . .

[tweet]https://twitter.com/DavisHsuSeattle/status/489095154679042048[/tweet]
[tweet]https://twitter.com/DavisHsuSeattle/status/489095239567560707[/tweet]
[tweet]https://twitter.com/DavisHsuSeattle/status/489097475773317120[/tweet]
[tweet]https://twitter.com/DavisHsuSeattle/status/489101213242097664[/tweet]

Can't stand so-called pundits acting like they can psychoanalyze someone they don't know and read minds. I would guess Russell was more business like, as he was running the dang camp and not in a position to goof off. Sorry, but I've seen Wilson talk for the press for a long time and his enthusiasm appeared genuine. You could see his canned phrases disappear as he tumbled over what he was trying to get across.

Davishsu's probably annoyed Russell treats him like any other outsider and not some sort of buddy who gets retweets from him. It takes away from his insider status.