Defensive line did a good job

pehawk

Reaction score
Forgot how great Maelstrom's contributions are.

Jville

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":3sg8tn9v said:
The Breh":3sg8tn9v said:
seahawkfreak":3sg8tn9v said:
Not sure if anyone has mentioned this but Martin was ballin last night as well. He looks like he keeps improving his skill set.
Not intending to be a dick.
But what did he do on Thursday that showed improvement over what he did last year?
Did he improve his skillset or was he doin the same thing he did last year that we're (here at least) expecting and hoping he continues ?

If at the very least he is doing what he did last year,,,, than no drop off right? IMO I thought he played well. Guess we will see how the final outcome will be.

I also like what I saw from Jacob Martin. His weight is back up and he is a sophomore building on his rookie year. Improving as he adds more experience and confidence and speed. We'll see how far he can take his opportunity. Appreciate and value your observations. :2thumbs:

I thought Bryan Mone really stood out for his power and willful play. He looks like he brings a special dimension to the defense. Could bring a discernible plus to their run stopping goal line defense.

McGruff

Reaction score
Mick063":1d2jjss1 said:
Really like Martin. A lot.

His timing on stunts is right on. His burst is top notch.

He does need to work on his body angle when turning the corner a bit. Needs to use leverage, or lean into the tackle, so he can get the proper 45 degree angle. That is a very teachable thing. A matter of getting the muscle memory down.

He is ideal for down and distance passing situations, but probably not big enough for an every down player, even as a dedicated LEO.

I think his potential is high as a package player. I think he gets a lot of play on important passing downs. Especially because I don't trust that the import from Detroit will hold up long.

That lean is related to flexibility and balance. Both are reasonable, but only to an extent. Mlelite players have natural flexibility and balance, good players dont

I dont think Martin will ever be elite for that reason

But he can be good. Similar career to Marsh.

D

DomeHawk

Hope they are good, without Frank Clark and Jarran Reed for the first six games it's going to b a challenge.

Hopefully the LB's can take up the slack if they are still getting it together.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
DomeHawk":38u1yf2x said:
Hope they are good, without Frank Clark and Jarran Reed for the first six games it's going to b a challenge.

Hopefully the LB's can take up the slack if they are still getting it together.

I honestly don't think we have a choice for the first 4-6 games until Ziggy and Reed are back and playing at full health and game speed.

I think you're going to see more movement and more blitzing. No way Pete and Norton think we can sit in our base cover 1 and 3 and play well on defense, especially early in the year with so many games against veteran QB's that will pick us apart if we don't disguise, move and blitz to get home.