DeShaun Watson torn ACL

IndyHawk

Reaction score
He has had a great rookie year and now it ends..He is young and will recover
Injuries are part of the game and a lot of them seem to happen in practice.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
That sucks! I REALLY like the kid and the sky is the limit with him, he is so easy to root for.
Texans can’t catch a break this year......

City Of Reign

Reaction score
I'm done getting Jerseys for real !!! Everytime I buy a Jersey, the player either leaves, Galloway, stops producing, Alexander, or gets injured, I have a few to choose from. I was just thinking at work today that I really liked this kid and I might just have to buy his Jersey. I can't help but feel it's my fault :-(

Josea16

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":tg4c37ac said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/926189951280173056[/tweet]

Man, I was just discovering this guy. Brutal, brutal, brutal. That makes me mad.
You got to be kidding and non contact injuries are always the worst.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
This is terrible and really bums me out. I had not really watched him play before Sunday and I was hoping to start watching him more. I hope he can recover quickly come back strong next year.

Maulbert

Reaction score
City Of Reign":2uc88xsv said:
I'm done getting Jerseys for real !!! Everytime I buy a Jersey, the player either leaves, Galloway, stops producing, Alexander, or gets injured, I have a few to choose from. I was just thinking at work today that I really liked this kid and I might just have to buy his Jersey. I can't help but feel it's my fault :-(

You considered buying a Watson jersey? Are you a Texans fan?

adeltaY

Reaction score
Awful, awful injury.

I can't believe the Texans are signing Matt flippin McGloin!! It better be an emergency signing before they bring in Kaep. I can't think of anyone available who can run the new offense BoB designed for Watson better than Kaep. Season's probably still over for them but shoot, sign Kaep and just try to go off.

Josea16

Reaction score
adeltaY":pl5cex8v said:
Awful, awful injury.

I can't believe the Texans are signing Matt flippin McGloin!! It better be an emergency signing before they bring in Kaep. I can't think of anyone available who can run the new offense BoB designed for Watson better than Kaep. Season's probably still over for them but shoot, sign Kaep and just try to go off.
He effectively ended his NFL career with that collusion suit and Houston would be among the least likely NFL team to sign him.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
I really feel sorry for the Texans fans. That sucks. He was exciting to watch. Hopefully he'll be back 100% for next season.

Man...tearing your ACL in non-contact practice. Kind of embarrassing as well, to be honest...

Maulbert

Reaction score
adeltaY":6gl3asdp said:
Awful, awful injury.

McGloin played for Bill O'Brien at Penn State.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Why does this always happen to guys I like...really wanted to see his stats at year end they win the div with him now they likely finish last.

Maulbert

Reaction score
adeltaY":fdoet7zu said:
Awful, awful injury.

Also, Kaepernick is 4-20 in his last 24 starts. Real winner, that one. :roll:

ivotuk

Reaction score
OMG! That poor kid! I was so looking forward to him tearing up opposing defenses this season, and now he, and his fans, will have to wait until next year!

God Speed Deshaun Watson! Heal quickly!

Dear NFL, do NOT schedule the Texans against us next year!

Maulbert

Reaction score
ivotuk":4u0i4rnq said:
OMG! That poor kid! I was so looking forward to him tearing up opposing defenses this season, and now he, and his fans, will have to wait until next year!

God Speed Deshaun Watson! Heal quickly!

Dear NFL, do NOT schedule the Texans against us next year!

We won't play them again until 2021. Non-conference play rotates by division every year. We get the AFC West next year, the AFC North in 2019, the AFC East in 2020, and the AFC South in 2021, and it will cycle over and over.

chris98251

Reaction score
Terrible news for a great looking young player, hope they can get him back to 100 percent and he can pick up where he left off. Letting Brown go now looks really a lot worse for them with Savage now at QB and needing more protection.

City Of Reign

Reaction score
Maulbert":1awo6330 said:
City Of Reign":1awo6330 said:

You considered buying a Watson jersey? Are you a Texans fan?

No, but if I like a player enough I'll buy his Jersey. I've bought a few non Hawks Jerseys in the past, coincidentally one of them was Dwight Freeney.

irocdave

Reaction score
Man that sucks for him and Texans fans. Watson has a bright future in the NFL, but not finishing his rookie year out is going to stunt his growth as an NFL QB for a couple of years. I was looking forward to seeing play, he seemed to have all the talent and intangibles to be great. I've seen some people on other boards trying to compare him to RG3, and I think that is not a good comparison. Watson is so much more than just a running QB as RG3 was in his rookie year.

He is a taller version of RW.