DeShaun Watson torn ACL

bigskydoc

Reaction score
Maulbert":2cdamz2t said:
We won't play them again until 2021. .

Well there is one, very small, but not completely unlikely, possibility that we play them before 2021.

One could be forgiven for calling is a... "Super" possibility. :lol:

This is really awful. I loved watching him play, and I hope he comes back good as ever.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Some are hinting that the ACL issue was a result of last weeks Texans loss at Seattle.
Seems his legs got penned down under Bennett and Coleman. I guess it's a stretch but, we all tend to look for things that happen.

https://boards.houstontexans.com/forum/ ... son/page42

I agree with you all, he's been nothing but a class act and it's a crying shame this should happen and hope for a great next year for him

LastRideOut

Reaction score
I bet the Texans wish they could take back the trade for Duane Brown now. I'm of the mind that Watson's mobility made Brown expendable from the FO's perspective. Whoops.

Fade

Reaction score
Shame. My type of QB. Russ, Rodgers, Dak, Watson, Wentz, Mariota.

The guys that can move, but also keep their eyes downfield when scrambling, while staying poised.

If I were a GM these would be the only type of QBs I would have on my roster anything else seems archaic & outdated. Whether it be the statue pocket guys, or the guys that can just run, but happen to play the QB position, or lack poise.

I was going to make a post about Watson earlier in the week, but I knew if I made it I would have come off as a hater so I refrained.

I think Watson is the perfect QB, barring two flaws. 1) Interceptions. That's fixable, given time they will come down. 2) Thin frame. Unfortunately not fixable. Like RG III, and Bridgewater before him. He is not built like an NFL football player, and I worried that he would be an injury prone guy.

While everyone was ready to crown him the future GOAT. I was going to make a post about wanting to see him for 2 years first to see if he could hold up health wise. Unfortunate.

Josea16

Reaction score
bigskydoc":1rj8ec3r said:
Maulbert":1rj8ec3r said:
We won't play them again until 2021. .

Well there is one, very small, but not completely unlikely, possibility that we play them before 2021.

One could be forgiven for calling is a... "Super" possibility. :lol:

This is really awful. I loved watching him play, and I hope he comes back good as ever.
I hope it happens with Watt and Marcellus and whoever they have. America and especially the NFL deserves to see elite quarterbacks can be 5'11'-6''0.

Josea16

Reaction score
Fade":3krk3rzc said:
Shame. My type of QB. Russ, Rodgers, Dak, Watson, Wentz, Mariota.

The guys that can move, but also keep their eyes downfield when scrambling, while staying poised.

If I were a GM these would be the only type of QBs I would have on my roster anything else seems archaic & outdated. Whether it be the statue pocket guys, or the guys that can just run, but happen to play the QB position, or lack poise.

I was going to make a post about Watson earlier in the week, but I knew if I made it I would have come off as a hater so I refrained.

I think Watson is the perfect QB, barring two flaws. 1) Interceptions. That's fixable, given time they will come down. 2) Thin frame. Unfortunately not fixable. Like RG III, and Bridgewater before him. He is not built like an NFL football player, and I worried that he would be an injury prone guy.

While everyone was ready to crown him the future GOAT. I was going to make a post about wanting to see him for 2 years first to see if he could hold up health wise. Unfortunate.

You yourself pointed out how he is special but not elite unless in very specific conditions...

1. Too damn thin like RG3

2. Too much of a gunslinger similar to Mahomes, this ain't the NCAA boys, obviously you can't throw multiple interceptions and expect success.

3. You better be thick like a Wilson if you're actually his height and not Brees height. I know that 2 inches is tiny but it's huge in what body type you need to be for success in this height range and body type.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
LastRideOut":sqnq9vha said:
I bet the Texans wish they could take back the trade for Duane Brown now.
I doubt it. Since they lost to both the Patriots and the Seahawks, they were done in any meaningful way once Watson was gone for the season no matter what.

Josea16

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":3fva2pi6 said:
LastRideOut":3fva2pi6 said:
I bet the Texans wish they could take back the trade for Duane Brown now.
I doubt it. Since they lost to both the Patriots and the Seahawks, they were done in any meaningful way once Watson was gone for the season no matter what.
Agreed. Actually they were done a week or two before Seattle but that's schematics. But after Watson? That's Arizona and Green Bay dead for this season.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
Dang. I don't follow teams other than the 'Hawks, so I've only seen him play once--last week. But man, I liked what I saw. The kid's a baller. Looks to be a legitimate quarterback, and the league needs a few of those. Sucks for both him (obviously, obviously) but also for the league.

Speedy recovery, DeShaun.

adeltaY

Reaction score
Yeah Kaep had a shit record with a dumpster fire of a team. If you recall, he was slicing us up in that week 17 game last year. His accuracy has improved, as has his decision making. Matt McGloin having played for BoB in college means next to nothing. He can't run the scheme BoB crafted for Watson that was working really well. The hard play fakes and misdirections were giving him easier reads by distorting coverages. It was on full display against our usually stout defense.

Kaep would be the best available option to take advantage of that. Definitely a better option than RG3 and waaaaaay better than McGloin.

Crizilla

Reaction score
hate to say this, but at least Wilson gets to keep the rookie record for most TD passes. Watson was about to DESTROY the record...