Difference between Russell Wilson & Payton Manning

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
hawk45":3mcg20e4 said:
Taking nothing away from Russell's considerable poise, our defense has made some very fine QBs look mortal. Brady, Brees, Rodgers, etc.

I will say that Brady, Brees, and Rodgers didn't fold quite as spectacularly in the biggest game of their careers like Manning did. That record-setting offense had weapons galore to state the obvious.

So while I acknowledge Manning as the best ever regular season QB, his performance in the playoffs, and the SB, leave something to be desired. Russell's, so far, does not. In his short career I have yet to see him shrink in crunch time, in fact he seems to get better the higher the stakes.

And a decade of playing at an elite level is something Manning has, but they both have the same number of rings. Russell played on a team with a sick defense, but Manning played on many teams with pretty dang good offenses. It's not like he was Brady out there turning average at best talent into weapons, and Brady continued to do it in the playoffs.

Not saying Wilson is "better" than Manning at this point, but I think the OP's train of thought is a legit one.
I don't think Manning folded at in the superbowl. Aside from the bad pass that was intercepted by chancellor he had a pretty good game.

It's not his fault our defense was so good at tackling and limiting the yac of the Bronco receivers. It's not his fault their defense couldn't stop our offense and get the ball back. It's not his fault his tackles got trucked by Cliff Avril. It's not his fault his receivers were intimidated by our physical defense. I could go on but I think you get the picture. I don't think you pin this one on Manning.

Latest posts