Dissly - how bad is it?

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Didn't see anything on him today, probably bumped down?

What is the timetable on him?

How bad is it?

Good chance of recovery or ?

I don't see much on him so anyone with insight would be great.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Haven't heard specifics other than hearing (GMF, NFL Network) he's presumed out for the year. Same injury Graham suffered allegedly. Such a shame! He was shaping up to be our new Zack Miller. He still will be but we will have to wait for the 2019 season.

OP
OP
T

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Is this a career affecting injury or one that players can bounce back pretty much to 100% after recovery?

dbmack

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/Will_Diss/status/1046773779383218176[/tweet]

Thepeelsessions

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":2gy0h5u9 said:
Is this a career affecting injury or one that players can bounce back pretty much to 100% after recovery?
I think it's 50/50. Graham seemed to bounce back OK, but he lost a TON of speed. He really became useless outside of the RZ, but that may have just been due to scheme. It will be interesting to see how he does in Green Bay.

I think Dissly has a good shot at coming back really strong. I obviously hope he does. His game is so much different than Graham's. I really don't think it should affect the strength of his game. His blocking on the edge is insanely good for such a young player. I'll admit, I was skeptical of the pick when they took him, but he's blown me away. If there's a silver lining to this, it's that it happened so early, and he has a big window of recovery for next season.

justafan

Reaction score
Breaks my heart to see a player like him go down like that. Hopefully he comes back strong.

scrummymustard

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":1y4pfi2o said:

It is THE toughest injury for an NFL player to return from.

https://sportsnaut.com/2016/09/study-pa ... rs-return/

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2 ... 145606.htm

"The researchers found that players who had knee surgeries experienced the most significant decline in performance. Athletes who had surgery to repair the patellar tendon, the tendon connecting the knee bone to the shin, fared the worst with respect to the return to play (RTP) rate, career length after surgery, games played and performance at one year, two years and three years after surgery.

Players had a RTP rate of only 50 percent after patellar tendon repair, which was significantly lower compared to all other procedures analyzed. After ACLR, players experience significant declines in statistical performance even three seasons after their injury."

It took Victor Cruz 2 years to return to the field, and eventually retirement after lack luster performances.

It ruined the careers of Cadillac Williams, Ryan Williams and Jerrod Mayo to name a few.

People don't realize how crazy it is that Jimmy Graham was able to play after only 9 months, let alone make back to back pro bowls. I said it in the other forum, but he's the only player in NFL history to make a pro bowl after a ruptured patellar.

Hoping the best for Will, but he has a long, tough road ahead. Best of luck.

AgentDib

Reaction score
It's a bad injury for sure but there is a big difference between some of those speed WRs and a guy like Dissly who's route running is a secondary bonus to his blocking.

pmedic920

Reaction score
AgentDib":2hs4wapt said:
It's a bad injury for sure but there is a big difference between some of those speed WRs and a guy like Dissly who's route running is a secondary bonus to his blocking.

Your not wrong but we also have to take into account “total body weight”

The Knee in general takes more stress the heavier the body is.

There is also a huge difference in Dissley 6’4” 265/270

And say Odell Beckham jr..
5’11” 195/200

I guess it’s possible that the bigger dude has bigger/stronger muscles but I can’t believe the injury is any more/less for either type athlete.

YMMV

And those that have mentioned Jimmy G. are absolutely correct.
His recovery was amazing.
A true testament to the work and dedication he put in.

Steve2222

Reaction score
Thepeelsessions":2h47fs9v said:
TwistedHusky":2h47fs9v said:
I think it's 50/50. Graham seemed to bounce back OK, but he lost a TON of speed. He really became useless outside of the RZ, but that may have just been due to scheme. It will be interesting to see how he does in Green Bay.

I think Dissly has a good shot at coming back really strong. I obviously hope he does. His game is so much different than Graham's. I really don't think it should affect the strength of his game. His blocking on the edge is insanely good for such a young player. I'll admit, I was skeptical of the pick when they took him, but he's blown me away. If there's a silver lining to this, it's that it happened so early, and he has a big window of recovery for next season.

So far, Green Bay Jimmy looks exactly like Seattle Jimmy. Useless outside of the red zone

Latest posts