Votes: 71 66.4%
  • No

Votes: 36 33.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Here are my factors to success.

1. Weather...hopefully stays as predicted and stable. An overly cold or snowy game would not be to our benefit.

2. Containing Aaron Jones. I actually think he is a bigger piece to this offense than Rodgers. He has been lights out this year. He needs to be contained.

3. Pressure on Erin. Hit him...chase him..get him off his game. He is like Wilson where he will try to extend plays. Get him frustrated..get some sacks!

4. I think the offense needs to come out swinging early. It could very well be a shootout scenario. Going down a couple score by halftime and a slow start just is not going to jive this weekend. Hope we get Brown and Iaputi back.

5. Get some type of a run game going...not Homer up the middle for 0 yards. Schotty needs to get a bit more creative in how to use Homer. Lynch being involved in the pass game also a good plan.

Like others have said GB is not looking like an unbeatable top seed. Seahawks can do it if they start quick.

Largent80

Reaction score
2 things.

Their run defense is 24th in the league.

Their pass defense gives up 13 yards per play.

These are after the end of the season stats.

massari

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1ubjdetv said:
It's weird that pundits and sites do this sort of analysis, dredging up old games that other than Russell being the QB, and Pete being the coach, literally have NOTHING to do with this game.
They're suggesting that different environmental factors might be a in play for Wilson here. Some players might not like playing with the added pressure of the playoffs or primetime, and some might be impacted more than others in certain weather conditions or stadiums.

It's obviously just a theory which Wilson can end with a strong performance.

SanDiego49er

Reaction score
I think you can win this game. But it will be tough. You are good on the road. But they are tough at home and especially in January and with Aaron Rodgers at home. Your running game is beat up so I don't think you do much there. Russell Wilson will be able to pass and move the ball down the field. But so will Aaron Rodgers. I see this match up as much, much tougher for you than at Philadelphia. Obviously so. That said I have seen enough of Russell Wilson and Pete Carroll over the years to know enough to never count them out. They have a chance. No doubt about it. I think Green Bay is a little less good than their 13 - 3 record suggests. Their division is weak. The NFC West on the other hand is an absolute war. The 49ers and Seahawks are great. The Rams although down a little were in the Super Bowl last year for a reason. There is a lot of talent on that team. It's really hard to win games in the NFC West. Our division is much tougher IMO.

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
I just wanna see THIS face!

I think we've got a 50/50 chance, well, maybe 55/45 for us -

Aaron

ZagHawk

Reaction score
The Seahawks have played the Packers in GB 11 times since 1990, their last win in GB was in 1990. Given how the season has gone for both teams, I don't think there is anything that says this Seahawks team WILL win in GB, BUT CAN they? absolutely...will they...probably not, but i hope so.

I will say this though which is the same thing I've said for the past few years. IF this Hawks team can win this divisional round on the road, I think they are SB bound. But that is a BIG IF considering this team under the PC era has not been able to win 2 consecutive road games in the playoffs.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Pretty much nobody thought this team would beat the mighty unstoppable 49ers either. Many said they would lose to the Rams when they came to town. Or the Vikings when they came here.

classicaaron

Reaction score
my heart says the hawks win. my wallet if I was a betting man and my head say no. they def have a chance and I think any of the 4 teams in the nfc could take it if they play their game. but I think the bye week is a big factor and playing in green bay will be the real difference. I expect green bay to come out a little sluggish the first quarter but after that just pore it on. Im really hoping to be severely wrong here :D

Mad Dog

Reaction score
I you forced me to bet my life, I'm taking the Packers at Lambeau.

I think the Hawks have a chance in every game as long as Diggs, Clowney, Wilson and Wagner are playing.

Largent80

Reaction score
SanDiego49er":377joka5 said:
. Your running game is beat up so I don't think you do much there.

How is it "beat up"? We have a young tough rookie, The return of Beast Mode, a road grating o-line going against the 24th ranked rush defense. Not sure what YOU are seeing but I know what I am seeing. Also Russ can run quite well, not to mention having his best year of his career and that's saying something.

Clowney is healthy now. Diggs is healthy now. Barton is getting valuable exp. at LB and has a bright future. Oh and Bobby Wagner / KJ Wright are ramping up their playoff game. Brad McDougald plays out of his gourd with Diggs on the field.

If they double team DK Metcalf, we have Lockett, Moore, and Brown.

8-1 on the road this year. I like our chances.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
Largent80":d7ok48y3 said:
SanDiego49er":d7ok48y3 said:

How is it "beat up"? We have a young tough rookie, The return of Beast Mode, a road grating o-line going against the 24th ranked rush defense. Not sure what YOU are seeing but I know what I am seeing. Also Russ can run quite well, not to mention having his best year of his career and that's saying something.

Clowney is healthy now. Diggs is healthy now. Barton is getting valuable exp. at LB and has a bright future. Oh and Bobby Wagner / KJ Wright are ramping up their playoff game. Brad McDougald plays out of his gourd with Diggs on the field.

Are you seriously trying to argue that playing a 4th string rookie and a guy that was couch surfing the last 14 months is not "beat up". I love Beast Mode as much as any but to say he's not past his prime is delusional. Homer is pretty much a straight line speed back. Not much in the way of lateral jukes or jump cuts. He is not in Carson or Penny's class. Although he is a willing and tough blocker so I can see an eventual 3rd down role for him.

Clowney and Diggs are manning up but hardly healthy.

Still I think if they play along with Wagner and Wilson, we always have a chance. I think we can manufacture enough running game to get play action shots. Philly actually had the dumbest game plan for us which was to focus on the run and dare Russ to beat them deep. That never works.
Most teams have beat us by focusing on the deep ball with 2 high safeties and make us beat you with short passes and runs. We've struggled in that setting because for some reason Schotty and Pete are averse to the short intermediate passing game and screen game. Hopefully GB uses Philly's defensive game plan and not Arizonas.

Hawksfan78

Reaction score
I like our chances vs a team that has only beat a total of two teams with a winning record. Go Hawks!

John63

Reaction score
Shanegotyou11":hhtubv6j said:
John63":hhtubv6j said:
massari":hhtubv6j said:
Wilson @ Lambeau:

Wilson leads the Seahawks (11-5) into next Sunday’s NFC divisional-round game against the Green Bay Packers (13-3) with a 0-3 record in three career starts at Lambeau Field and numbers to match such a fruitless ledger. Across those three losses — which came in 2015, ’16 and ’17 — Wilson completed just 57.3 percent of his passes for three touchdowns and six interceptions, which negates any goodwill he garnered from averaging 8.6 rushing yards per carry.

To make matters worse, Wilson’s worst beat of the bunch came in nearly identical conditions to those anticipated for their upcoming game. He tossed five interceptions with just 240 passing yards in 26-degree December weather during their 38-10 loss in 2016 while the current forecast for Sunday in Green Bay projects to be nearly the same temperature

[tweet]https://twitter.com/tweetless21/status/1213986705851576320[/tweet]

So they are leaving some info out ie 4 of the 5 ints went right through Kerses hands, then add in that was 2017 it is now 2019.

The reality is we will not win unless We run the same system we did once we realized the run game would not work. I also look at is as he is due a good game there.

That was NFC championship game and in seattle. I believe he threw 4 picks at seattle.

It must have been 2016 and it was Kearse and it went through his hands like 3 or 4 times. He did are part of the NFC championship that year.

John63

Reaction score
I will say it again, if we play the right offensive scheme, and keep the pedal to the metal we win, If we get stupid and force the run, and throw long we loose.

Largent80

Reaction score
Mad Dog":kbbfv55k said:
Largent80":kbbfv55k said:
SanDiego49er":kbbfv55k said:

"Are you seriously trying to argue that playing a 4th string rookie and a guy that was couch surfing the last 14 months is not "beat up".

I'm not arguing anything except to say our current RB line up is NOT BEAT UP. In Fact they are very healthy.

Philly has Fletcher Cox who blew up two OL at one time and their D was #3 in the league at stopping the run.

GB is 24th and they have NOBODY of Cox's ability on that line. We WILL run and we will have success.

Latest posts