Poll: Can these Seahawks win the Superbowl??!

Can the Seahawks win the Superbowl?!

• Total voters

CPHawk

Reaction score
If we play SF, and they fumble the opening kickoff. We score. They throw a pick 6. And we score again on a scoop and score.

Raifers

Reaction score
Anything’s possible. I’ve seen teams lose the Super Bowl. I’ve seen teams given the Super Bowl. Gotta get to the playoffs first.

Edit: if the niners don’t get the 1 seed, I like our chances of getting to the Super Bowl

12forlife

Reaction score
This isn't even laughable. Hell no we can't make the SB. Not with Average QB play. This team has talent sprinkled across it, but Williams, Spoon & DK are the on guys that have the Dog in them to fight for a SB, and more times then not DK's rage takes away from his overall game?

Raifers

Reaction score
This isn't even laughable. Hell no we can't make the SB. Not with Average QB play. This team has talent sprinkled across it, but Williams, Spoon & DK are the on guys that have the Dog in them to fight for a SB, and more times then not DK's rage takes away from his overall game?
How is it laughable? It is possible to get to the Super Bowl. A lot of what ifs, but certainly possible. And the biggest is can LA beat the niners.

If the niners get the 3 seed (losing to LA) while Philly and Detroit win out. We would be 7th seed. We would play Philly in Philly. Possible to beat them in Philly? Yes. Can LA beat the niners? Possible, it happened for this scenario to play out. Then the next round, can we beat the Lions in Detroit? Hmm yes I think that is possible. That leaves the NFC championship game against the Cowboys or Rams, whom we were one score away from winning. Wishful thinking? Yes but also possible.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
The wildcard Giants, led by Eli Manning backed into the playoffs and then ran the table.

Eli Manning and Geno Smith. That math isn't hard.

They can barely beat an awful Titans team and your asking if they can win the Super Bowl? Lol. Hell no.

keasley45

Reaction score
Eli Manning and Geno Smith. That math isn't hard.

They can barely beat an awful Titans team and your asking if they can win the Super Bowl? Lol. Hell no.

The Giants were 10 and 6. They had the 17th ranked defense and 14th ranked offense, behind Eli Manning and the 22nd ranked passing attack. For the season, their point differential was +22. That's 1.4 points per game.

Eli Manning. Really?

Eli completed 56% of his passes that year. 23 Tds and 20 Ints for a 73 season rating.

The only thing they excelled at was rushing the ball. They were top 5.

But over the course of the season, they had blowout losses to the Packers and the Vikings. 35-13 and 41-17 respectively. The Pack you could forgive because they finished the season 13-3. But Minny was 8-8. And they split the series against the Redskins, who finished 3rd in the NFCEast. They were also manhandled by the Cowboys in their second match-up.

So they were no powerhouse. The only thing they could hang their hat on was the running game. (No small thing and something we don't currently have)

If Geno this year put up the stats Eli did that year, Seattle would be in flames over fans calling for his release, let alone, benching.

Not saying it's likely. But NO ONE gave the Giants a chance to do anything in the playoffs that year.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
If the Seahawks land some certain matchups, it’s possible….

Versus the Eagles, Detroit and if Minnesota gets in playoffs, Seattle can win….lol..

CouchLogic

Reaction score
Voted Yes.

However, nothing about this team screams deep playoff run to me. They couldn't even get up to make a statement against a scummy Titans team.

One and Done Wonders, The Pete Carrol Story.

Jegpeg

Reaction score
I was also confused by the question.

"Yes anything is possible" and "if X, Y, and Z happen for us" seem to say virtually the same thing, (it is possible but unlikely). I never watched LOST and have no idea to its relevence to the question.

Worst case scenario we would need to beat the 49ers, the Lions and the winners of NFC East, to reach the superbowl. We have already beaten the Lions in Detroit, beaten the Eagles (admittedly at home) and pushed the Cowboys close in Dallas. The 49ers will be tough but they have had a couple fo games this season where they played poorly. It is also possible our path could be made easier by upsets meaning we might play someone like the Buccs.

Any one of those we would be underdogs and if we did make SB LVIII we would almost certainly be big underdogs against whoever gets through in the AFC but on any given Sunday either team can win. Both the Steelers and the Giants have been far from convincing tin the regualr season but then won the SB with 4 wins on the road (the former being very painful)

I would give us about a 1% chance but I don't know what answer that refers to.

OP
OP
Jerhawk

Jerhawk

Reaction score
I was also confused by the question.

"Yes anything is possible" and "if X, Y, and Z happen for us" seem to say virtually the same thing, (it is possible but unlikely). I never watched LOST and have no idea to its relevence to the question.

Worst case scenario we would need to beat the 49ers, the Lions and the winners of NFC East, to reach the superbowl. We have already beaten the Lions in Detroit, beaten the Eagles (admittedly at home) and pushed the Cowboys close in Dallas. The 49ers will be tough but they have had a couple fo games this season where they played poorly. It is also possible our path could be made easier by upsets meaning we might play someone like the Buccs.

Any one of those we would be underdogs and if we did make SB LVIII we would almost certainly be big underdogs against whoever gets through in the AFC but on any given Sunday either team can win. Both the Steelers and the Giants have been far from convincing tin the regualr season but then won the SB with 4 wins on the road (the former being very painful)

I would give us about a 1% chance but I don't know what answer that refers to.
Got it. Appreciate you participating.

I won't be making anymore threads here on .Net. Mods feel free to delete my trash thread.

I wish you guys the best of luck in everything going forward. Jerhawk signing off for the final time.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
The Giants were 10 and 6. They had the 17th ranked defense and 14th ranked offense, behind Eli Manning and the 22nd ranked passing attack. For the season, their point differential was +22. That's 1.4 points per game.

Eli Manning. Really?

Eli completed 56% of his passes that year. 23 Tds and 20 Ints for a 73 season rating.

The only thing they excelled at was rushing the ball. They were top 5.

But over the course of the season, they had blowout losses to the Packers and the Vikings. 35-13 and 41-17 respectively. The Pack you could forgive because they finished the season 13-3. But Minny was 8-8. And they split the series against the Redskins, who finished 3rd in the NFCEast. They were also manhandled by the Cowboys in their second match-up.

So they were no powerhouse. The only thing they could hang their hat on was the running game. (No small thing and something we don't currently have)

If Geno this year put up the stats Eli did that year, Seattle would be in flames over fans calling for his release, let alone, benching.

Not saying it's likely. But NO ONE gave the Giants a chance to do anything in the playoffs that year.

Give me some more stats while your holding his gold jacket. He's a HOF QB that had a high football IQ and pedigree while Geno is a perennial back up, bridge QB that's never won anything. Big difference.

Also, get back to me when a Pete Carroll coached team does anything lately that will have me believing in that tired motto of "anything can happen once in the playoffs". Hell, get back to me after they win more than one post season game. I'll be waiting. Patiently at that.

FlyingGunHawk

Reaction score
I find it highly unlikely. I'm following the consensus of many that these Seahawks may reach the playoffs, but then will get bounced in the 1st round like many predicted before the season's start.

Getting swept by the Rams tells me that they don't deserve it. But...

2022 Grammy Awards tonight..and the winner is....DREAM THEATER !!!!!!!

Ozzy

Reaction score
I’d say The NY Times odds are generous. Always a lottery ticket chance but that’s it.

nwHawk

Reaction score
In the playoffs guys know it “win or go home”, for real. Effort shouldn’t be a factor. Anything can happen. Hell, how many people thought the Ravens could go across the country and play the 49ers in prime time - and kick their butts?

Chit happens. One injury or one bad call is all it takes. Think back to the Rams. The Saints fans are still pissed about that crap call that lead to them missing the Super Howl with Drew Brees.

Welshers2

Reaction score
Well ask yourself, is it possible for this team to win 4 consecutive games against playoff teams? They'd likely need to beat eagles and Detroit both for a second time this season or maybe the Rams who they lost twice to. Then beat a 49ers team who has blown them out in 5 consecutive games. Then beat a Baltimore caliber team who beat us by 40.

All those things would have to happen for us to win the SB. Is it theoretically possible? Of course, and that's what's great about sports. The chance of it happening? Probably around 1 in 1000 or 0.1%