Poll: Can these Seahawks win the Superbowl??!

Can the Seahawks win the Superbowl?!

• Total voters

hgwellz12

Reaction score
In a lofty place tanglin' with Satan over history.
Well ask yourself, is it possible for this team to win 4 consecutive games against playoff teams? They'd likely need to beat eagles and Detroit both for a second time this season or maybe the Rams who they lost twice to. Then beat a 49ers team who has blown them out in 5 consecutive games. Then beat a Baltimore caliber team who beat us by 40.

All those things would have to happen for us to win the SB. Is it theoretically possible? Of course, and that's what's great about sports. The chance of it happening? Probably around 1 in 1000 or 0.1%
Right. Of COURSE "Anything is possible". That should go without saying at this point here on dot net. The spirit of the question, to me, whenever someone asks this question, is "Do you think the Seahawks on their best day can beat whoever comes out of the AFC on their best day?"

NoGain

Reaction score
Basically speaking, we're likely going to be the underdog and on the road every playoff game we play, excepting the SB played at a neutral site. No, of course the odds are infinitesimal that we win the SB. But outside of the 9ers, there's no NFC team that we couldn't beat if we played well and the odd shaped football bounced our way more often than not. But two such times in a row? Three such times in a row? Four such times in a row?

One can see why it might have been better in the longer term for the Hawks to have finished on a downer note and have accrued a higher draft pick, and possibly started serious discussions about the future leadership of the franchise.

But that's likely not the case anymore. We're probably going to eke into the playoffs again, and then get customarily tossed aside again either right away, or after perhaps one upset victory in the wild card round.

It's kind of song remains the same for the team, as it's been for some stretch of years now.

flv2

Reaction score
Going into Week 17 the Seahawks have about a 0.8% chance. Get into the playoffs and it'll be up to about 1.1%

fenderbender123

Reaction score
If we stay healthy, yes.

Geno played really well the last game. It just so happens that the week before he had to watch the backup QB suddenly get the nod and get a bunch of attention for playing well, including a game-winning TD drive. Coincidence? There's gotta be some motivation there. Not once did Geno throw a pass right into the hands of a defender. Usually he has one or two of those a game.

Also, we seem to be gelling with Love playing instead of Adams. Woolen showed some improvement, too, after what was mostly a sophomore slump season. This is critical.

The more Williams has been playing, the fancier the pass rush has been. We do need to improve with the run defense, though.

knownone

Reaction score
If Seattle makes the playoffs, their theoretical probability of winning the Super Bowl is 6.25%. Similarly, if we convert Vegas odds, the Seahawk's empirical probability of winning the SB is 1.5%.

So yeah, they can win the Super Bowl.

Fresno Hawk

Reaction score
He'll yes! There's been plenty of 9-7teams that went all the way and won. Although if we win out we would be 10-7

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Was hoping for option 5, no they can't win the Super Bowl, but absolutely CAN advance past the 1st round. Which would make this place a blast the next day.

keasley45

Reaction score
Well ask yourself, is it possible for this team to win 4 consecutive games against playoff teams? They'd likely need to beat eagles and Detroit both for a second time this season or maybe the Rams who they lost twice to. Then beat a 49ers team who has blown them out in 5 consecutive games. Then beat a Baltimore caliber team who beat us by 40.

All those things would have to happen for us to win the SB. Is it theoretically possible? Of course, and that's what's great about sports. The chance of it happening? Probably around 1 in 1000 or 0.1%

The Pats smoked the Giants in the reg season, and then lost to them in the SB.

Welshers2

Reaction score
The Pats smoked the Giants in the reg season, and then lost to them in the SB.
Yep it's possible. Like I said it could happen, but we would need these 4 unlikely events to all happen in succession. 1 in 1000 I would say are pretty fair odds. In my mind the Giants in XLII were probably the most unlikely SB champs ever. The Seahawks would need to rival what they did.

FlyingGunHawk

Reaction score
Yep it's possible. Like I said it could happen, but we would need these 4 unlikely events to all happen in succession. 1 in 1000 I would say are pretty fair odds. In my mind the Giants in XLII were probably the most unlikely SB champs ever. The Seahawks would need to rival what they did.

I put the Giants SB win vs the '08 Pats up there with Jets beating the Baltimore Colts in the SB. It was a once in a generation kind of thing. But maybe it will happen more often since the parity in the modern NFL is everywhere.

NJlargent

Reaction score
The Pats barely beat them by 3 points
Giants would have won that game too is there was 2 or 3 more minutes on the clock. I know that is true of like 10% or more of all NFL games, but the Giants were starting to peak at that last regular season game. Their d-line was also legendary and took over the playoffs and the team came to play every game that year (beating Tampa, Dallas and GB).

Anyway, our only shot this year is to be the 6 seed. I can see us beating the Lions. Then hoping the Rams take out Philly and beat SF in divisional. That is the only scenario I see us sniffing the SB. If we get in as the 7th we are getting beat soundly by Philly who will be ready to play with a gameplan. We will try and do the exact same thing we did 2 weeks ago against them and they'll make adjustments and we get bounced. Tough place to play in the post season and they will also get the calls.

far north

Reaction score
Maybe if Bryan Mone appears out of nowhere and builds a wall in the middle of the line.

cymatica

Reaction score
If we get in as the 7th we are getting beat soundly by Philly who will be ready to play with a gameplan. We will try and do the exact same thing we did 2 weeks ago against them and they'll make adjustments and we get bounced. Tough place to play in the post season and they will also get the calls.

That's what I'm thinking.

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
Las Vegas odds currently have it at 0.9% probability, which is only to acknowledge that “anything is possible “ (theoretically speaking).

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
I put the Giants SB win vs the '08 Pats up there with Jets beating the Baltimore Colts in the SB. It was a once in a generation kind of thing. But maybe it will happen more often since the parity in the modern NFL is everywhere.

The thing about the Giants win over the Pats is the Pats had tremendous pressure in trying to become the first unbeaten team since the Dolphins and they were sliding more and more every weekend down the stretch and were mentally and physically exhausted. It still took miraculous catches and intervention from the football Gods for it to happen,,,,but it did. I just believe it's a poor example to bring up. The percentages of stuff like that happening again are so small there's no way I would hang my hat on it.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Still gotta' lace em up. Upsets in the playoffs are not uncommon. Also, what happened in the past has NOTHING to do with what happens this year.
This team flat out CAN beat the Cowboys, Philly or Detroit.

Latest posts