Donks vs 9ers

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":r7ngrfbt said:
Protip: From our talks and my personal feel of you we have similar taste except I lean to the female versions sometimes.:)
Ah, right. :)

Laloosh":r7ngrfbt said:
That's, My Little Pony. Singular. Get it right...
Oh, the name of the show is My Little Pony? See, I didn't even know that. It was a mistake of ignorance, not spelling.

OkieHawk":r7ngrfbt said:
The word you are looking for is bloviate, no "o" before it. If you are trying to use big words, at least proof read before you hit submit. Also, if you did mean bloviate you would have been using it incorrectly.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/bloviate
Okie with the SAAAAAAAAAVE. Excellent work, my young padawan.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
RolandDeschain":vadwp33e said:
Marvin49":vadwp33e said:
Can't help it. It's the first thought in my head when I read some of this stuff. I know many peeps here are just having fun with it, but some be leave this stuff. Lol. Funny as hell. Lol.
Bro, I excuse and ignore a lot of typos around here, but turning "believe" into "be leave"?! WHAT THE HELL??? You can't even blame that on a typo, or anything! Good Lord.

Grammar Nazi Deschain is most displeased.

Some 49ers fans be leave the stadium early to beat the traffic and be cause the game wasn't close.

Marvin49

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":qt1uxky1 said:
Marvin, that's no fair mentioning Robin Williams in your latest spin. Bad form sir.:(

Sorry. I was serious there. He was from here and a 49er and Giants fan (more Giants tho).

They did a moment of silence that I wasn't expecting with pictures of him in Black and White and then did the National Anthem. Got me.

They did some vids throughout the game too...short videos from Good Will Hunting, Dead Poets Society, and Good Morning Vietnam.

OkieHawk

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":3piy3yag said:
OkieHawk":3piy3yag said:
seahawk12thman":3piy3yag said:
"I'm just saying" the new passive//aggressive. Tell us all why we should be impressed with the Niners this year? This question escapes Marvin, perhaps you can obloviate?

The word you are looking for is bloviate, no "o" before it. If you are trying to use big words, at least proof read before you hit submit. Also, if you did mean bloviate you would have been using it incorrectly.

To be fair, Marvin does bloviate quite frequently, and so the word choice is fine. Google is a little more direct here as a definition: talk at length, especially in an inflated or empty way.

The o might have been a typo, too.

If you are going to fulminate, please don't do it mendaciously. Gives me a distinct sense of lassitude.

I'm not sure how adding an "o" would be a typo. This board gives everyone a sense of lassitude at times, especially during the offseason.

chris98251

Reaction score
Is it me or when you Christened a new building it is suppose to be done with a win, doesn't matter if it's pre season. I know the argument will be it doesn't matter until games are real, but like a ship being christened at launch you don't want it to sink, which has happened by the way. You only get one opening day game at a stadium.

Marvin49

Reaction score
chris98251":2joybdoy said:
Is it me or when you Christened a new building it is suppose to be done with a win, doesn't matter if it's pre season. I know the argument will be it doesn't matter until games are real, but like a ship being christened at launch you don't want it to sink, which has happened by the way. You only get one opening day game at a stadium.

As I said...points would have been nice. Lol

Harbaugh tried too. Went for it on 4th down to get a TD there at the end but even with one of the more lucky deflections I've ever seen getting them down the field they couldn't get over the ineptitude of a Jewel Hampton.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Marvin49":11vvjb30 said:
MizzouHawkGal":11vvjb30 said:
Marvin, that's no fair mentioning Robin Williams in your latest spin. Bad form sir.:(

Sorry. I was serious there. He was from here and a 49er and Giants fan (more Giants tho).

They did a moment of silence that I wasn't expecting with pictures of him in Black and White and then did the National Anthem. Got me.

They did some vids throughout the game too...short videos from Good Will Hunting, Dead Poets Society, and Good Morning Vietnam.
I know, given I'm a San Francisco native. Hence my displeasure in a nice way. Though it was awesome they honored him.:)

OP
OP
pmedic920

pmedic920

Reaction score
Laloosh":1gr7vb6l said:
Marvin49":1gr7vb6l said:
loafoftatupu":1gr7vb6l said:
Marvin49":1gr7vb6l said:

You sir have expended your allowed use of this term.

I suggest spreading them out, injecting a face palm, maybe a "Um... yeah.." or even "riiiiigghht" to give them more effect.

Just a suggestion during this troubling time.

Can't help it. It's the first thought in my head when I read some of this stuff. I know many peeps here are just having fun with it, but some be leave this stuff. Lol. Funny as hell. Lol.

Be honest, Marv... Which game were you watching online while attending the game today?

Did we have digital recordings when the 9ers won their last Ring?
I was thinking it might have been that, but I had to stop and ask myself. :)

seahawk12thman

Reaction score
OkieHawk":o43mww90 said:
seahawk12thman":o43mww90 said:
"I'm just saying" the new passive//aggressive. Tell us all why we should be impressed with the Niners this year? This question escapes Marvin, perhaps you can obloviate?

The irony of your post is telling lol but yes I accidentally put an O as the first letter.

seahawk12thman

Reaction score
OkieHawk":1rpsc276 said:
Sarlacc83":1rpsc276 said:
OkieHawk":1rpsc276 said:
seahawk12thman":1rpsc276 said:

To be fair, Marvin does bloviate quite frequently, and so the word choice is fine. Google is a little more direct here as a definition: talk at length, especially in an inflated or empty way.

If you are going to fulminate, please don't do it mendaciously. Gives me a distinct sense of lassitude.

I'm not sure how adding an "o" would be a typo. This board gives everyone a sense of lassitude at times, especially during the offseason.
I am going to let Okie and Marvin put egg on their face . Both of them can bloviate together. :D

hoxrox

Reaction score
pmedic920":2rl9pj5t said:
IndyHawk":2rl9pj5t said:
The Santa Clara Niners stadium..Is that a retro look?

1.2 billion retro look.
But you can order French fries with your phone. ;)

You can, but the fries cost $8, and another $5 bucks for delivery.

You can pick it up too, but have to walk to the other side of the stadium and wait in a long "express" line...

Parking is also $40... if you want to park around there.

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
49ers backups* versus opponent backups in the preseason so far: 54-0 loss

You cannot win without depth. The 49ers are toast unless they have uncommon luck this season.

*for some reason yet again the 49ers insist on hardly playing their starters in the preseason. Well, after watching how the backups have preformed it is understandable.

seahawk12thman":22iaf1z3 said:

I'll give you one. In two preseason games Colin Kaepernick has been seen consistently going through his reads and taking the check down, something NO ONE has really seen from him so far but in rare instances.

rideaducati

Reaction score
5_Golden_Rings":s6japets said:

You cannot win without depth. The 49ers are toast unless they have uncommon luck this season.

*for some reason yet again the 49ers insist on hardly playing their starters in the preseason. Well, after watching how the backups have preformed it is understandable.

seahawk12thman":s6japets said:

I'll give you one. In two preseason games Colin Kaepernick has been seen consistently going through his reads and taking the check down, something NO ONE has really seen from him so far but in rare instances.

He has only completed passes to his check downs too. Good for him, he finally knows where his checkdown is gonna be. That only took three years. How many more years is it gonna take for him to figure out trajectory?

Largent80

Reaction score
5_Golden_Rings":1m7b1u6q said:

Don't worry, when we cut one of our 4 QB's you guys can snag one..... :lol:

seahawk12thman":1m7b1u6q said:

Largent80

Reaction score
5_Golden_Rings":25scezv5 said:

Don't worry, when we cut one of our 4 QB's you guys can snag one..... :lol:

hawkfan68

Reaction score
The Broncos look great when the games don't count, when teams aren't gameplanning for them. When it counts, they get stomped 43-8. Enough said.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
So Kaepernick has progressed to making reads, not being able to throw to any receiver that isn't wide open, and becoming Captain Checkdown a.k.a. Alex Smith? Alrighty, then. Congratulations on the upgrade at QB, guys. :D

Also, in honor of the bloviate bit:

B9c2b1fbe37f543f3e52105cfaaa5d891cc26143cfcdc36a9b

TXHawk

Reaction score
Normally I'd say that W/L records don't mean jack squat in the preseason but not when you lose two games by a combined 57-3. Obviously the Niners have big problems with their backup QB situation but you don't lose by that much unless a lot of younger players you are counting on for depth and the future are playing really poorly. Their starters should play a lot more next week against the Chargers so if they aren't at least competitive in that game that might be an indication that all is not well in Ninerville.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":14dua12r said:
OkieHawk":14dua12r said:
seahawk12thman":14dua12r said:

Can people just speak damned English around here?

Latest posts