Duane Brown not happy

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Yeah its time for concern. Organization needs to pay the guy protecting the most important player on the team instead of searching under the couch cushions trying to find as much money as they can to pay a freaking safety next season.

People thought Wilson was hard to get along with in the off season? Wait and see if Brown sits out or walks. It will truly be the end of the team as we know it.

seabowl

Reaction score
Trade him back to the Texans.

Jville

Reaction score

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Tinamedina":9g6at5wp said:
duane brown has problem staying healthy and he is 36 years old.

Played every single game last season and was one of the best tackles in the league.

seabowl

Reaction score
Would never happen but would love to see a pay as you play contact. Injury clause could be in there too.

HawkinNY

Reaction score
He’s looking for one last contract. How much can the hawks give him and pay the other high priced talent. I think they should try hard to work out a deal. But if he wants top money then I guess he won’t be here next year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jville

Reaction score
I think there are good reasons to believe this will conclude with a happy arrangement.

Dave Wyman offered the opinion in one of his segments that the new offense could make it easier on Duane Brown's body and extend his career. I would think that the improved play on the right side might also help in shifting the blocking load and extending Duane's career.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
Well, I'm not happy either; so there! :x

I can understand Brown's desire to sit out while fighting for an extended contract, but with the new O-coordinator and scheme, I wish he were in practice every day. It would help the O-line chemistry and the calls. I don't have doubts about Brown's ability in an isolated sense. But it seems selfish as far as the overall line is concerned to sit out during these practices.

nanomoz

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":2643vzyv said:
People thought Wilson was hard to get along with in the off season? Wait and see if Brown sits out or walks. It will truly be the end of the team as we know it.

I hope Pete and John appreciate this.

I hope they can quickly add another year to Brown's contract, with some signing bonus to improve his pay this year.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Brown is the best choice and hopefully they can come to terms with him. If he's unhappy and continues to pout once the season starts, Okung is still available. Okung was the LT for the Seahawks during their SB run. So there is that.

chris98251

Reaction score
Oh wow Wilson said something and it took six months to get ironed out, now Brown simply states he wants his contract negotiated since he is in his last year, you know like 100's of other players say. He isn't here so it has to be a major issue and the media is always right, right?

keasley45

Reaction score
chris98251":1e8dnf2t said:
Oh wow Wilson said something and it took six months to get ironed out, now Brown simply states he wants his contract negotiated since he is in his last year, you know like 100's of other players say. He isn't here so it has to be a major issue and the media is always right, right?

Well, Pete's tone this week when asked about D Brown wasn't exactly 'happy'. I think D Brown is legitimately annoyed and wouldn't be surprised if part of it is carryover from the Wilson nonsense this offseason. Can't feel good to have put up solid o-line numbers last year AND be one ofnthe best at your position, only to have your QB throw you under the bus and say you're the reason he's not achieving his potential. And then to have that qb be praised for the most part by the media and then be perceived as having twisted the front office to his will.

I'd want my last best chance at a contract too. Can see how this ****MIGHT**** be a situation where he feels disrespected and wants his money now before throwing his health on the line over another season for a signal caller who he ****MIGHT**** feel doesn't appreciate it.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Tinamedina":31sm4mp7 said:

Wow. :34853_doh:

knownone

Reaction score
For what it's worth, I'm more worried about not having Brown than Adams.

ivotuk

Reaction score
It's PFT. Anything they print is going to be Gloom & Doom based on biased perception.

"How can we make something out of nothing?" This is what radio shows and "Pro Florio Talk" do.

As soon as Adams contract is done, I expect to see Duane and Quandre with new contracts.

NJlargent

Reaction score
Brown is one of the most important players on this team. Best lineman and perhaps the second most important offensive
position in football. Better make him happy.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Tinamedina":rbbxvz7r said:

Trash post. Easily a top-5 left tackle in the league right now.

Pay him.