Earl and Wagz exchange...

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
Wasn't right what earl said. I'm a huge fan of earl too. Bobby is old school football and trying to help his team. If he didn't play, we would hear about he is about himself,etc.

It wasn't right what bobby tweeted back. You keep it in house.

poly1274

Reaction score
You guys don't understand what's going on.

ET is right and what he really meant is that Sherman also shouldn't had played TNF when he was dealing with injuries. When ET had his hamstring issue, he missed 2-3 weeks and now, he's still playing strong. If Sherman had missed TNF and maybe the Falcons game, he would still be with us.

Natethegreat

Reaction score
Earl is 100% correct. It was obvious from the start he should not have been out there. He could not make a play on the ball he was obviously severely hampered.
A back up linebacker would have played better period. Having said that I think Bobby Wagner is one of if not the best player on our defense and I love him. You have to know when to take a step back though. I appreciate his toughness but he was very limited and it hurt us a lot.

getnasty

Reaction score
I agree with what Earls saying, just dont think he should speak to the media about it. Also Bobby reacting the way he did was just as bad as Earl if not worse.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
No.

Dude was crying when he had to play with sole backups and for good reason. It was bad.

Now just because other dude displays some guts and plays when he probably shouldn't and produces near as much as him in literally half the time, then all of the sudden dude's got some public feelings about that too.

Well put your money where your mouth is and make a play and not just after the fact, glory boy.

Natethegreat

Reaction score
vin.couve12":3rw5y76s said:
No.

Dude was crying when he had to play with sole backups and for good reason. It was bad.

Now just because other dude displays some guts and plays when he probably shouldn't and produces near as much as him in literally half the time, then all of the sudden dude's got some public feelings about that too.

Well put your money where your mouth is and make a play and not just after the fact, glory boy.
Earl was clearly our best defensive player out there today. Not sure what you were watching. Maybe your just drunk and letting off steam, I don't know, but Earl was 100% correct. Wagners play was hurting his team.
Bobby is one tough cookie and an incredible player but he should not have been out there.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Natethegreat":35aowy5p said:
vin.couve12":35aowy5p said:
No.

Earl was clearly our best defensive player out there today. Not sure what you were watching. Maybe your just drunk and letting off steam, I don't know, but Earl was 100% correct. Wagners play was hurting his team.
Bobby is one tough cookie and an incredible player but he should not have been out there.
No. He wasn't. The only meaningful play he had was a 3rd down stop early. Wagner had more of those in more crucial situations. He didn't even play better than the gimp he's trying to call out that only played half the game.

McDougald probably had the best game.

adeltaY

Reaction score
Earl is a free safety and Wagner is a MLB. Using tackle numbers to compare them is not fair. Comparing Earl Thomas to Reggie Nelson is asinine. Reggie Nelson is one of the most overrated defensive players in the league. Ask Raiders fans, they've hated him since he set foot there. Earl Thomas is on a HoF track and is widely considered to be the best free safety in the game.

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
I don't blame Bobby for playing. He's the qb of that defense that is already missing Kam, Sherm, KJ and Cliff.
Real competitor. Earl would have done the same.

OP
OP
DJ_CJ

DJ_CJ

Reaction score
Geologic":2k4sxiq5 said:
Earl's probably pissed with Wagner's play today and just letting Wagner know to sit out if an injury is still lingering. I'd rather have someone say the truth then a yes man on my team.

No problem with him telling him that but do it to him, not the media.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Dont care who should have played or why, its the discord of the team that everybody was ignoring for the past few seasons that is the true problem. Its real.

original poster

Reaction score
You can't take stuff like this public, you just can't.

Do it in a meeting, over the phone, whatever. Just not on Twitter for the world to see.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Next day.

Earl is a bootch. Hasn't done ish himself in games, like usual. We actually improved ppg allowed during the two games he was out. His character is showing. Goes out there and doesn't do a damn thing and then tries to call out other people.

Earl is a glory boy, overrated ish teammate with a bootch mouth.

JimmyG

Reaction score
vin.couve12":37fjt7gt said:
Next day.

Earl is a bootch. Hasn't done ish himself in games, like usual. We actually improved ppg allowed during the two games he was out. His character is showing. Goes out there and doesn't do a damn thing and then tries to call out other people.

Earl is a glory boy, overrated ish teammate with a bootch mouth.
Did you see how terrible the defense was last season when Earl Thomas was out? We were eviscerated by opposing passers. Earl is still a great player. He probably did not mean anything malicious against Wagner, it was just poorly phrased. Wagner overrated in my opinion.

Both are great players and great people. They just let their frustrations get the best of them after an emotional loss. I'd rather they take a couple silly jabs like this than go the Bennett/Jefferson/Richardson route.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Replacing Earl with Terrell vs McDougald is the difference.

Bottom line. Earl can put his money were his overrated bootch mouth is.

JimmyG

Reaction score
One thing I noticed after I watched the highlights of the game was that on the long touchdown run at the end of the 2nd quarter, Wagner's pursuit is terrible. He looked totally gimpy. It's like he lifelessly made an effort to pursue Gurley and then gave up. That hamstring had to have been killing him. He was practically jogging. I wonder if Thomas noticed this as well and this factored into his post-game comments?

Here's a replay of the run. Watch Wagner closely.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLJr-Wo ... ox#t=6m36s

Seymour

Reaction score
You know we've hit rock bottom when Earl is getting trashed in here. :roll: