Earl and Wagz exchange...

ducks41468

Reaction score
Seymour":2w53hfm0 said:
You know we've hit rock bottom when Earl is getting trashed in here. :roll:

No kidding. The fans have now turned on the last two remaining stalwarts on the defense.

rossob

Reaction score
JimmyG":14t82aib said:
One thing I noticed after I watched the highlights of the game was that on the long touchdown run at the end of the 2nd quarter, Wagner's pursuit is terrible. He looked totally gimpy. It's like he lifelessly made an effort to pursue Gurley and then gave up. That hamstring had to have been killing him. He was practically jogging. I wonder if Thomas noticed this as well and this factored into his post-game comments?

Here's a replay of the run. Watch Wagner closely.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLJr-Wo ... ox#t=6m36s

Yeah, usually Wagner would have made the tackle.

Natethegreat

Reaction score
There were many many plays in this game Wagner usually makes and he was either not there or simply could not make the play.
Again Wagner is an incredible player and no doubt tough.
But in this game he should not have been out there period and that's all Earl was saying and he was100 percent correct.
You want argue about were he said it fine but to trash on Earl and call him names is pathetic.
Earl has made plays all year and even in this game.
He is an all pro player and throwing a fit and trashing his play and calling him names is childish behavior at best.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Earl isn't a god and isn't above reproach. And he's still a bootch for singling out a teammate to the media because things aren't going his way. End of story.

adeltaY

Reaction score
You can get at Earl for saying what he did and argue that, but calling him out for not doing ish is so stupid. Who the hell saved our asses in the first Rams game? Your ppg argument for the games he wasn't in is next level bullshit. The first game was against a second string Washington Redskins team that still beat us and completed two deep passes to win that game. Did you see all the people around here lamenting the fact that Earl wasn't there to help cover on those plays? The second game he missed was against a Drew Stanton led Cardinals team without DJ. You want to take two games against shit and injured opponents and use that as a sample size for why Earl isn't that good? Terrible logic.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
adeltaY":2p0ymlll said:
You can get at Earl for saying what he did and argue that, but calling him out for not doing ish is so stupid. Who the hell saved our asses in the first Rams game? Your ppg argument for the games he wasn't in is next level bullshit. The first game was against a second string Washington Redskins team that still beat us and completed two deep passes to win that game. Did you see all the people around here lamenting the fact that Earl wasn't there to help cover on those plays? The second game he missed was against a Drew Stanton led Cardinals team without DJ. You want to take two games against shit and injured opponents and use that as a sample size for why Earl isn't that good? Terrible logic.
Others thoughts on Earl have no bearing on mine. Save it.

And that was true. We went from 17 ppg to 16ppg and that's a fact. Those long passes were sideline passes in the skins game and aren't The deep middle's responsibility. Earl is never there on those. It's not his job, hence why there were long sideline catches in consecutive games after he got back. He's not there. He never is on those. He's made that play 3 times in his total career out of a more seldom cover 1 (unless Sherm tipped it to him). It's literally not his job. People's lack of understanding of cover 3 also have no bearing on anything. Rams game was 10 weeks ago and his last real play was week 8 when he also got torched repeatedly. Obviously Earl's a great player, but you don't stab your boy in the back for trying to help you out after you were literally crying the week before for basically the same damn reason. Especially when you ain't going ish!

No. He's not untouchable and deserves it. That said, I'm sure they'll get over it.

adeltaY

Reaction score
I'm not saying he's untouchable, but to say he isn't playing well is lunacy. He had a bad game on Sunday and missed some tackles, BUT he did make at least one tackle that held the Rams to an FG early in the game when we still had a chance to compete. Explain how he got torched in week 8 repeatedly. There was one TD Fuller got on him. Earl also scored a TD. When else was he torched?

You can say that it's a fact we gave up fewer points. Whoop dee doo. Without context it is meaningless. Holding two crap teams to lower ppg than the average doesn't mean much and two games is a tiny sample size. Falcons defense gave up fewer points when Desmond Trufant went on IR last year. Does that mean he wasn't doing ish for them and is overrated? Jags averaged more rushing yards when Fournette was hurt than when he was in. Does that make Fournette disposable and a wasted pick?

original poster

Reaction score
Both Bobby and Pete said they have since talked about it however Earl said that hasn't happened, not sure what to make of it to be honest but it's a real shame.

chrispy

Reaction score
I think everyone's missing the point....

Since when is it the player's choice to play or not when they're injured? Of course pro athletes want to play. But, the coaching staff should make the final call.

The fact that Earl is calling out Bobby indicates that it really was Wagner's call. In addition, we remember that Pete said he wanted to pull RW but he wouldn't come out. The coaching staff are just by-standers...???

The drama that occurred when Harvin was here, Tate taking donuts, Lynch's holdout, Sherm's numerous antics...all the other things no one ever heard of... are all now being publicized and discussed publicly amongst players. There has been a turnaround from "We all we got. We all we need." to "I know I'm hot." This is a group of highly talented individuals, not a team.