Earl and Wagz exchange...

Seymour

Reaction score
Look at Wagners response. I don't think there is a question it was taking as a shot. Earl should not be tweeting and questioning team business right after a loss like that to begin with. :177692:

Edit. I guess it was Bell, but either way it's not cool to call out your teammates and coaches decisions after a bad loss.

rossob

Reaction score
Seymour":pyxlwker said:
Look at Wagners response. I don't think there is a question it was taking as a shot. Earl should not be tweeting and questioning team business right after a loss like that to begin with. :177692:
I don't think Earl was tweeting. He just talked to a reporter. Who knows how this came up, maybe he was asked directly about it.

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
Defense is fighting now. Perfect.

I mean it was O vs D after SB49, and now years down the road its between the defense.

Scorpion05

Reaction score
Maybe Earl is "jealous" of Wagner's DPOY praise? Maybe he doesn't think he deserves as much credit?

rossob

Reaction score
[youtube]pyjHbx_4bWo[/youtube]
Earl gave Wagner credit for playing injured and just said that he obviously was not as good as usual and maybe should have left the game earlier. Which is a valid point.

OP
OP
DJ_CJ

DJ_CJ

Reaction score
rossob":2xomrka6 said:
Earl gave Wagner credit for playing injured and just said that he obviously was not as good as usual and maybe should have left the game earlier. Which is a valid point.

Absolutely meant no shade but with a slap to pride with todays beat down just amplifies all their emotions though. Playoff window already bleak with depending on others losing but now add this defeat the way it happened going into a revitalized Dallas team getting Zeke back. As much as I am aghast to say, leaves minimal hope.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
rossob":21yg8yp5 said:
Yeah, I have no issues with what Earl said.

Bobby, obviously is butt hurt about it.

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
Earl speaks the truth. Half the starters should have been pulled after the 2nd quarter. Treat it like a pre-season game.

rossob

Reaction score
TheLegendOfBoom":1ds6jbru said:
rossob":1ds6jbru said:

http://www.thenewstribune.com/sport...s/seahawks-insider-blog/article190273149.html
It is not as bad as you think. To quote the article:
Wagner deleted his Twitter response a few minutes after posting it.
He was probably just emotional and mad about losing so bad while reading the tweet and soon realized it was a mistake.

OP
OP
DJ_CJ

DJ_CJ

Reaction score
rossob":2achllfv said:
TheLegendOfBoom":2achllfv said:
rossob":2achllfv said:

http://www.thenewstribune.com/sport...s/seahawks-insider-blog/article190273149.html
He was probably just emotional and mad about losing so bad while reading the tweet and soon realized it was a mistake.

Exactly, everything was understandably emotionally pride hurting right after. Still sucks to see discord. If they should be throwing shade at anyone it would be the offense.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Players themselves need to not single out teammates to the media. It's wrong for a reason.

That doesn't apply to me so let's be honest here; Wagner is Seau 2.0 and ET is Reggie Nelson 2.0 (not a HOFer, albeit great player).

rossob

Reaction score
vin.couve12":2kr00odk said:
Players themselves need to not single out teammates to the media. It's wrong for a reason.

That doesn't apply to me so let's be honest here; Wagner is Seau 2.0 and ET is Reggie Nelson 2.0 (not a HOFer, albeit great player).

While I believe when all is said and done Wagner will be the player who has more awards of the two, you are exaggerating the difference between the two.
Wagner has not been as good as Seau so far and probably won't come close to this insane level of consistent greatness. Earl on the other side was a first team All-Pro three times, Reggie Nelson zero times.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
Sox-n-Hawks":7uzz4ouk said:
Earl speaks the truth. Half the starters should have been pulled after the 2nd quarter. Treat it like a pre-season game.

They appeared to be "sleep walking" through the first half!!!

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/RobbieTobeck/status/942606651009392640[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/coldbeef/status/942605210480009216[/tweet]

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
DJ_CJ":k2zckhhy said:
rossob":k2zckhhy said:
TheLegendOfBoom":k2zckhhy said:
rossob":k2zckhhy said:

Exactly, everything was understandably emotionally pride hurting right after. Still sucks to see discord. If they should be throwing shade at anyone it would be the offense.

Throwing shade at the offense wouldn't be anything new.

They've done that. They want some new targets to "throw shade" at, might as well be your own side.

All good on the western front! *joke*

Geologic

Reaction score
Earl's probably pissed with Wagner's play today and just letting Wagner know to sit out if an injury is still lingering. I'd rather have someone say the truth then a yes man on my team.

flmmkrz

Reaction score
Bobby got pissy, Earl was just straight up. The ran down our throat, Bobby wasn't Bobby today so good for him for trying for the team but long term he probably is better just gettin healthy. Like a back up was gonna do any worse than allowing 7 ypa that got allowed with Wagz in.

Steve2222

Reaction score
TheLegendOfBoom":30fru8s9 said:
Seanhawk":30fru8s9 said:
Hawk_Nation":30fru8s9 said:
THe comment by Earl seemed harmless, its the response by Wagner that is a bit eye raising.

Yeah, as someone mentioned earlier, Earl's not the best at getting his true thoughts across in words. Bobby tweeting at him and the jealous part is just flat out embarrassing. What's Earl jealous of Bobby? Your fewer Pro Bowls? Your fewer All-Pros?
Seriously.

Earl carries the most weight out of all the defensive players in this game today.

Earl is not good with words, especially when a reporter is trying to get as much out of Earl as possible.

Bobby's response is d*** move. I agree.

Earl is a HoF player. Not sure if Bobby is at that level.

Get real, Bobby. Earl isn't jealous of you.

Bobby is on the same level as ET. They're both the best players at their position. Bobby has just as good of a shot as ET for the Hall. Don't forget ET has been in the league two years longer than Bobby.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Wagner had 7 tackles in a couple quarters to Earl's 8 tackles all game. In a game where things are all out of whack, this is a whole lot of "Bobby wasn't there for me like he always is." I'm on record saying that Wagner should sit for multiple reasons in the gameday thread, but Earl's comments are bootch made. If you're going to say something then man up. Make a play.

No? Well then shut up.

There's always been a lot of misguided belief in RW and ET. Gods of men, but they're made by others.

It's a team game.