Earl Thomas to hold out until contract resolved

Cyrus12

Reaction score
toffee":1gjpwftn said:
Sgt. Largent":1gjpwftn said:
SoulfishHawk":1gjpwftn said:
Agree to disagree

Then why isn't anyone trading for Earl. If he's the HOF safety in his prime that you think he is, shouldn't teams be breaking down our FO's door to trade for him?

For the following reasons:

1. No GM or HC are willingly take a risk that one day Earl will make them look like they have lost the locker room. Pete looked very silly when Earl pull that “come get me”. A Job security risk most HC aren’t willing to take.

2. Earl’s market value is not in sync with his expectation.

3. He may or may not be willing to sign that long term contract if you aren’t the Cowboys.

4. He is at the age that his speed starts to decline, and injury risks are higher.

5. Why trade for him if he could be a free agent in one year or even sooner if Pete got fed up with him.

All in all, earl damaged his own brand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This^

Hawk1217

Reaction score
This issue is going to be very interesting as it works out. This could get us a very motivated ET or a very disruptive ET. We will see.

toffee

Reaction score
Unless our HOF Earl’s totally void of manner or decency; otherwise he knew the “come get me” to a rival team will make Pete looked like an idiot that lost the locker room, offend some of his teammates, piss off diehard 12s.

He did it without apology or remorse!! !!

Along the same thought process and behavior pattern, one can only imagine what he did and will do behind closed locker room doors?

Football is a team sport, still think we can afford to have him? Most HCs and GMs in the league apparently said pass. We will suffer short term without Earl, but I have faith in Pete.

The Breh

Reaction score
One thing I know-the Pete era Hawks are gonna have a hell of a 30 for 30 (in some form) one day when everybody's chapters are written.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
toffee":24rh16sv said:
Unless our HOF Earl’s totally void of manner or decency; otherwise he knew the “come get me” to a rival team will make Pete looked like an idiot that lost the locker room, offend some of his teammates, piss off diehard 12s.

Along the same thought process and behavior pattern, one can only imagine what he did and will do behind closed locker room doors?

Football is a team sport, still think we can afford to have him? Most HCs and GMs in the league apparently said pass. We will suffer short term without Earl, but I have faith in Pete.

Added to this was his/or his agent's advice he would NOT holdout. however, we are watching him do exactly that. The i'm not going to holdout advice was given to the team before the draft. Was this a move to screw the team?

So not only is ET void of manners and remorse, he's a person who's word means nothing. In reality it would appear he's getting poor advice, or he's rather stupid, in all he has done a bang-up most excellent job of destroying his value and his value to the team.

hawknation2018

Reaction score
toffee":1c2qmcqe said:

Actually, he did apologize, said he wanted to go remain a Seahawk for life, and said this was only a contingency in case the Seahawks decided they didn’t want him long term.

JustTheTip

Reaction score
hawknation2018":cami4wd4 said:
toffee":cami4wd4 said:

Actually, he did apologize, said he wanted to go remain a Seahawk for life, and said this was only a contingency in case the Seahawks decided they didn’t want him long term.

I apologize when I fart, but is more because it is what is expected (and to claim it) than because I am actually sorry.

ET's apology and claims that he wants to be a Seahawk gives me the same type of vibe.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
JustTheTip":lqfnndn9 said:
hawknation2018":lqfnndn9 said:
toffee":lqfnndn9 said:

I apologize when I fart, but is more because it is what is expected (and to claim it) than because I am actually sorry.

ET's apology and claims that he wants to be a Seahawk gives me the same type of vibe.
I agree..
His time in Seattle is done,it's only a matter of when and where he goes.
I don't want a player who is not all in and he screams of just that by all his
actions.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Leaving this here for people to cry to later. "Don't leave me, Earl." Haha!

[youtube]DBUz2nkOKsc[/youtube]

hawknation2018

Reaction score
vin.couve12":fjcq6fo0 said:
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bloggingtheboys.com/platform/amp/2018/7/3/17530470/earl-thomas-liked-an-instagram-post-urging-him-to-go-to-dallas-noting-the-legion-of-boom-was-done

Hopefully soon.

Could have been liking the video of himself without having read the caption. I wouldn't read too much into a "like."

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Seems like the last year has shown he doesn't have the closest relationship with the 2 defensive captains who call the plays and make adjustments. I'll be looking forward to seeing him play when he isn't riding the cotails of Kam telling him what to do (he admitted it) anf Wagner setting everything up. Even when he was a rookie he had Milloy to get him straight and last year Kam spent extra time with McDougald as a leader at SS where McDougald noted how much that meant while the coaches were trying to get Earl to be a vocal leader.

Earl's gonna have a drop off and we'll be lucky to get a 3rd for him.

https://www.givemesport.com/1346045-ear ... chancellor

Seymour

Reaction score
vin.couve12":1hu4ek9h said:
Seems like the last year has shown he doesn't have the closest relationship with the 2 defensive captains who call the plays and make adjustments. I'll be looking forward to seeing him play when he isn't riding the cotails of Kam telling him what to do (he admitted it) anf Wagner setting everything up. Even when he was a rookie he had Milloy to get him straight and last year Kam spent extra time with McDougald as a leader at SS where McDougald noted how much that meant while the coaches were trying to get Earl to be a vocal leader.

Classless just like Dallas. Earl (all about me) Thomas isn't the sharpest tool in the shed and this is no surprise to me.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
hawknation2018":175e1s2c said:
toffee":175e1s2c said:

He apologized because got caught being indiscrete, he didn't realize that he was being filmed running up to Garrett and selling out on his 12's fans, Pete Carroll, John Schneider, & the Seahawks franchise.
Other fans, Coaches & GM's took notice too.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
What will matter is if he cannot play.

What does not matter is if people get their feelings hurt in the meantime. The world does not care about your feelings, I doubt that Earl should have to.

Is Earl a better option than the alternative? Unless you want another giant hole in the secondary on a team that already has giant holes in it - probably not.

Unless we can suddenly turn into the West Coast version of the Steelers and win games by scoring 30+ points per game, trading him just makes us weaker. We have him until we don't have him but trading him is going to make us endure that issue that much sooner.

Trading away superstars very rarely works out well for the team doing it.

There is not much upside here. Only delaying the downside but that is better than rushing it. Until we have a capable replacement for Earl available, we need him.

toffee

Reaction score
vin.couve12":yti0kdqi said:

Thanks for the insight on the dynamic of on field defense captains and Earl. Also how Kam still trying to help the team even when he was hurting. If Earl hasn't developed the ability to set things up yet, ie observed what the offense's doing, making necessary calculation, formulate a counter plan, vocalize the plan to teammates, all in split seconds, Earl won't have the ability, period.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":26fea69r said:
What will matter is if he cannot play.

What does not matter is if people get their feelings hurt in the meantime. The world does not care about your feelings, I doubt that Earl should have to.

Is Earl a better option than the alternative? Unless you want another giant hole in the secondary on a team that already has giant holes in it - probably not.

Unless we can suddenly turn into the West Coast version of the Steelers and win games by scoring 30+ points per game, trading him just makes us weaker. We have him until we don't have him but trading him is going to make us endure that issue that much sooner.

Trading away superstars very rarely works out well for the team doing it.

There is not much upside here. Only delaying the downside but that is better than rushing it. Until we have a capable replacement for Earl available, we need him.
Yeah....You bullshit your friends, & I'll bullshit mine, but FACTS will still remain....You're are obviously an ET Fan, great, but, he's not worth more than the other 52 players on the team, PERIOD!
Fans don't like being pissed on, and told that it's only rain...His actions are speaking louder than words, his coaxing to Garrett spoke volumes.
He's holding out and forcing PC & JS to concede :141847_bnono:
IF they give in, the team as a whole will be in turmoil for several years to come....Chancellor's contract is proof of that.
ONE PLAYER, no matter how great he might be, is more important than the other 52 players on the team.

NJlargent

Reaction score
Earl is gone. That defense quit from the 2013 squad. Now it’s time to see if the coaching staff can rebuild the defense.

toffee

Reaction score
NJlargent":gixmgrmp said:
Earl is gone. That defense quit from the 2013 squad. Now it’s time to see if the coaching staff can rebuild the defense.

Nah, our HOF Earl repeatedly said he's a Hawk for life, those 'come get me' or rush home after Hawks game to watch Cowgirl games were just really minor details. It's like a wife telling the husband he's the love of her life, those affairs were just, ya know, affairs, does not change her love for him. Hubby must overlook those affairs or sit in to watch as cheerleader.

It's not like there are suitors for our Earl out there, where's he gonna go? 31 stupid GMs and HCs, can't they understand the value of getting a HOF free safety in his prime?