Earl Thomas to hold out until contract resolved

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":10o00gxl said:
What will matter is if he cannot play.

What does not matter is if people get their feelings hurt in the meantime. The world does not care about your feelings, I doubt that Earl should have to.

Is Earl a better option than the alternative? Unless you want another giant hole in the secondary on a team that already has giant holes in it - probably not.

Unless we can suddenly turn into the West Coast version of the Steelers and win games by scoring 30+ points per game, trading him just makes us weaker. We have him until we don't have him but trading him is going to make us endure that issue that much sooner.

Trading away superstars very rarely works out well for the team doing it.

There is not much upside here. Only delaying the downside but that is better than rushing it. Until we have a capable replacement for Earl available, we need him.
BINGO! Great post!

NOLAHawk

Reaction score
Vindictively trade him to the Browns or argonauts. Bellicheck would have him sleeping with the fishes already.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
toffee":1kggvfjv said:
NJlargent":1kggvfjv said:
Earl is gone. That defense quit from the 2013 squad. Now it’s time to see if the coaching staff can rebuild the defense.

Nah, our HOF Earl repeatedly said he's a Hawk for life, those 'come get me' or rush home after Hawks game to watch Cowgirl games were just really minor details. It's like a wife telling the husband he's the love of her life, those affairs were just, ya know, affairs, does not change her love for him. Hubby must overlook those affairs or sit in to watch as cheerleader.

orig

Thunderhawk

Reaction score
1) Earl is a good person who did a dumb thing.

2) He never gave any of us a single reason to complain about him on the field. He played at an elite level and his skillset allowed a very good defense to become an historically dominant one.

3) If any of the Seahawks diehards that post on this board were somehow to be drafted into the NFL by a team not the Seahawks, any of us may secretly pine to eventually join the team we love. I do not fault Earl for wanting to fulfill his boyhood dream of becoming a Cowboy. Unfortunately his unvarnished, forthright personality meant he was way too open about it.

4) Earl was disloyal to the fans, teammates, coaching staff, and ownership. There is no salvaging this. He cannot remain a Seahawk just as Benedict Arnold could not remain an American. His colors have been shown and his heart is elsewhere.

5) Earl continues to use his Instagram account to disrespect the Seahawks by showing his preference for the Cowboys:

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/platfor ... -instagram

If the team acquiesces to Thomas now they will set a bad precedent and other players may employ these tactics in the future. Since we are likely to get marginal compensation for him I really hope Pete and John send a message that this behavior won't be rewarded by suspending Thomas for the year. Let him walk in 2019 but maintain the integrity of your brand and the loyalty expected of employees.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":yxav8gn4 said:
So, when did Earl Thomas all the sudden become Satan?

This is how myopic insulated Hawk fans think.............they think any little slight by outside forces, media or players (even if they're our players) is a direct attack on their beloved Seahawks.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
It was a joke, but fair enough. I see both sides, but you would think he was Dez Bryant or something. If he ends up with the Cowboys, so be it. If he stays, great.

toffee

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":2ktcxnhj said:
toffee":2ktcxnhj said:
NJlargent":2ktcxnhj said:
Earl is gone. That defense quit from the 2013 squad. Now it’s time to see if the coaching staff can rebuild the defense.

Nah, our HOF Earl repeatedly said he's a Hawk for life, those 'come get me' or rush home after Hawks game to watch Cowgirl games were just really minor details. It's like a wife telling the husband he's the love of her life, those affairs were just, ya know, affairs, does not change her love for him. Hubby must overlook those affairs or sit in to watch as cheerleader.

orig

I read that Cuckoldry could be taught and developed, some enjoy it as a fetish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":3318wuf3 said:
It was a joke, but fair enough. I see both sides, but you would think he was Dez Bryant or something. If he ends up with the Cowboys, so be it. If he stays, great.

I don't think it was a joke.

Earl's frustrated right now, so this is his way of mildly needling the situation and stirring the pot by letting everyone know he still loves his Cowboys and isn't happy with the Hawks not giving him his extension.

Who cares is what I say. I totally get where he's coming from, but that's the beauty of Earl...............I have ZERO doubt that if he's a Hawk and on the field he's going to give us 100% all out effort, cause that's the only way he's ever played.

But like I said, to myopic Hawk fans, they see these things as a slight.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Actually it was, but ok. I want him to stay. In no way is this a better team without him. And he only knows how to play one way, full on.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":357x50zr said:
Actually it was, but ok. I want him to stay. In no way is this a better team without him.

How is Earl saying "american's team" a joke?

And I agree, I'd love Earl to stay.............but only if he's cool with a short incentive packed 1-2 year extension at around what he's making now.

No way in hell I'm OK with the Eric Berry monster 5-6 year with 40M guaranteed extension he wants.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
What's on 2nd? Shoot, if he does get traded, send him to a crap team in the AFC :lol:
And, as much as I love Earl, if he truly doesn't want to be here, see ya. I don't want players here who don't want to be a part of this team. IF that's the case.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":34vmkp3w said:
Thunderhawk":34vmkp3w said:
5) Earl continues to use his Instagram account to disrespect the Seahawks by showing his preference for the Cowboys:

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/platfor ... -instagram

Ah.. Well, now I think Seahawks fans have reason to start getting annoyed at Earl. The "come get me" was one thing that could be written off to emotion. Now it's a pattern.

Wait a minute.

If there was another great player who's not happy with his current team and loves the Hawks because he grew up here loving our team? We'd be like "OMG isn't it great he wants to play here, let's go get him John and Pete!!"

But because Earl wants to go home and play for his beloved Cowboys, all of a sudden he's annoying and disrespectful?

He'll be disrespectful to me when he refuses to get on the team bus because we traded a player, or is a locker room cancer that other players resent.

THAT'S disrespectful, because it affects team culture and wins and losses. Just Tweeting out innocuous replies to someone asking him about the Cowboys? That's not even a 1 on a scale of 1-10 annoying or disrespectful.

When Earl plays, he balls out. That's all I care about.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Nothing should surprise any of us when it comes to NFL players. It's a different time. Until he's gone, he's a Hawk in my book. And if the Cowboys want him, they can pay. No bargain basement crap for one of the best players in football.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Just saw that. This is the second time in two weeks he's pimped the Cowboys via Instagram.

Yes, it is indeed a pattern.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
I have to laugh at all the fans who were cheering when we let Bennett and Sherm go and they were touting that Pete rid the team of all the problem players. Pretty obvious he didnt get rid of all of them. This headache rides on the FO. After the Cowboy lockroom escapade, you get rid of him. He doesnt want to be here. He see's no future here. They let Sherman go for basically nothing, Kam has now retired, and the team is in a rebuilding mode. I believe he feels like he would rather do something meaningful with those few remaining years like playing for his home/boyhood team the Cowboys rather than fading out here in Seattle while they try to put the pieces together again. Love Earl and would hate to see him leave, but he'll be a distraction and problem if he stays.

As for the contract numbers, he made the window high so the Hawks are less likely to sign him. He realizes he's not worth that much. He'll sign with another team for less eventually just to get out of here.

adeltaY

Reaction score
To add to the point about trading stars not usually working out, people often cite the Pats as an example of it working, but they sure as heck could've used Chandler Jones this year.

I'm worried that if Earl leaves we will have to replace so many positions it'll be tough to field a top 10 D ad I just don't see the offense being good enough to compensate for that.