Element of Surprise

misfit

Reaction score
I meant to make this post before the season start as this is something I had been thinking about all preseason, but I digress. I was excited to see this new offense and was looking to see in unveiled or see a little of it in the preseason. With a brand new scheme or at least some new pieces I assumed they would have to work out some of the kinks then. I know the Duane Brown situation caused some issues, but seeing no starters in preseason really made me worry. I was worried they were going to come out really rusty and the 1st few games were going to be like preseason and it was going to be really clunky.

To my surprise the offense looked really clean and put together. I think the biggest advantage is that nobody has any tape from preseason on this offense. Nobody knew what to expect. I definitely saw elements of the rams offense mixed in with what the Hawks like to do. I know as the weeks go on, teams will get tape on them and adjust but they blew the Colts away. The colts sat in tampa 2 (probably based on what worked last year against Seattle) and this new offense was completely different.

Im excited for this season.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
I can't help but think even when they know what's coming we have a massive arsenal of weapons. DK, Lockett, Carson, are elite. Everett, Eskridge, Dissley are Average or better. This is going to be a hard to stop stop if healthy. Our OL looks as good as we have ever seen.

3-2-16-4-6

Reaction score
100% Agree. AND..... they are JUST getting started. I am excited to see how creative and adaptable Waldron and the offense can be once teams do have film. That stat about getting nearly everyone involved and not being predictable is key. Super excited to see this group grow week to week. We are only scratching the surface of what could be with the talent on offense.

chris98251

Reaction score
We are only in about page 2 of ten pages in this book with our offense, we have not shown hardly anything, what we have shown is stuff to make DC's think, TE's Check, RB's Check, Jet Sweeps Check, Screens Check, beating two deep zone check, deep ball check, spread's that ball to everyone Check, QB runs Check.

Latest posts