"Enough With Russell Wilson!"

brimsalabim

Reaction score
I did not mean to derail the thread. The point I meant to make was simply that I don't believe that he is over exposed and in any case I really can't hear enough about the kid. As far as the "game manager" moniker goes I think Russell manages to win games that other QB's manage to lose. It is a big part of his success it's just not all there is to his game. He is a gun slinger when we need him to be too.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
What gets lost in the "Game Manager" theory is that he does have a wicked fast ball. Game Managers are not QBs who sling the ball around like a Favre but he can. It's one of many examples of why he's no "Game Manager".

HuskerHawk

Reaction score
brimsalabim":10u0iro7 said:
I did not mean to derail the thread. The point I meant to make was simply that I don't believe that he is over exposed and in any case I really can't hear enough about the kid.
Ya I suppose it's always something. He really does absolutely nothing that warrants a negative thing said about him. Before the exposure the narrative was "oh Wilson is so underrated, maybe better than Luck or RGIII." Now because of the spotlight they have to have something negative to say, so let's just attack his ability. One more thing slightly on topic, Johnny Manziel may turn into a good player, but I am so sick of hearing that he has a better arm than Wilson. That is just so so wrong. Watch that throw vs the dolphins last year, or a couple vs the Pats last year, or the one vs the cards this year. There are like maybe 5 guys alive who could make those throws.

Shadowhawk

Reaction score
Anyone who thinks Russell Wilson is a game manager really needs to watch the second half of the divisional playoff game in Atlanta. Our defense couldn't "carry" him and our running game was stymied. Pete Carroll let Russell off the leash and he responded with one of the best halves of football I have ever seen.

What these people don't understand is that Carroll has built this team around the defense and running games because that's how he wanted to build it, not to cover up for some supposed deficiency at the quarterback position.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
Russell Wilson is the best QB in the NFL right now. Maybe it's hard to see past my obvious bias, but I don't see anyone play the position any better. People say our running game make it easier for him to throw...but that doesn't explain why he does so well in obvious passing situations or when the team is behind. It also doesn't explain why we run plays that require him to throw open his receiver, which he does as good as anyone.

As far Johnny goes, I tend to put him somewhere in the middle. I don't think he's a bust, but I also don't see much possibility of him becoming one of the better, consistent starters in the NFL. He's either going to be an average starter with flashes of brilliance for a few years and then a backup for the rest of his career, or he might be good enough to be an above average starter and have a lengthy career. I'm no expert, that's just how I see it playing out.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Would have been great had you video taped him or at least recorded him saying this. :th2thumbs:

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
kobebryant":9ozcnhdi said:
MizzouHawkGal":9ozcnhdi said:
Jealousy smells so sweet yes? Manziel can't hold Wilson's jock just trust that. He's this generations Ryan Leaf at best. At worst? It could get ugly Bradford ugly.

I understand that I am in the minority, but I think Manziel will be an excellent NFL player. I guess we'll have to wait and see.
I worry for him because his mechanics are bad and his release point is too low for a 6'0" quarterback. Plus he is too young by at least a year if not more, it's a bad mix.

Smellyman

Reaction score
game managers don't have as many come from behind wins as Wilson. Game managers don't throw for the 3rd most TD's in nfl history the first two years. (most in year one)

Game managers also don't consistantly make jaw dropping plays that i haven't seen QB's make before....

A game manager would've been killed playing behind the 2013 oline that was fielded for much of the year.

v1rotv2

Reaction score
Anybody with the least bit of knowledge about football knows that when you convert as many 3rd downs as RW did in the Super Bowl your not just a mere game manager.

As for the OP, fear takes many forms.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
The Game Manager thing is more denial than anything else. Sort of like a certain long-necked bird that plants its head in the sand. To whomever playfully lumped Wilson and Tebow together, I'm sure God loves them both, but smiles upon them for different reasons. He smiles upon Wilson as a proud papa would; he smiles upon Tebow because that's what happens when you laugh :mrgreen:

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Only one comment seals this deal.... Coach Pete saying " I went in this morning and RW beat me in at 4:30 reviewing tape." He is dedicated to the team, job, and his work ethic will not be compromised. Take some time off RW, you deserve it.

MadSweeney

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":1s0n8q03 said:
Jealousy smells so sweet yes? Manziel can't hold Wilson's jock just trust that. He's this generations Ryan Leaf at best. At worst? It could get ugly Bradford ugly.
How could you possibly have Bradford as worse than Leaf? Sam's been mediocre on some bad teams and been injured, but Leaf imploded on and off the field. The only other guy who comes close as a bust is Russell (Jamarcus that is).

MadSweeney

Reaction score
brimsalabim":3ma9avp1 said:
Must be a Washington thing. He is pretty much still disrespected every where else. Just Friday I was listening to The Lebatard show and some draft guru discuss Johnnie Football and when asked he compared Manzeiles ceiling to Russ's. LeBatard said that's not a very high ceiling and the whole show had a big laugh. One of the other guys chimed in that Johnnie would need to find a team with a defense and a running back that carries him in order to have NFL success too.
Good lord some of you just can't exist without drumming up "no respect" drama, can you? I'm in Los Angeles and everyone knows my allegiance and I have great friendships with fans of other teams, not a one of them which has said a single negative word about Wilson. Most of them mention him first when talking about the great players on the team. Get over it, it's embarrassing.

v1rotv2

Reaction score
MadSweeney":1fspzvhb said:
MizzouHawkGal":1fspzvhb said:
How could you possibly have Bradford as worse than Leaf? Sam's been mediocre on some bad teams and been injured, but Leaf imploded on and off the field. The only other guy who comes close as a bust is Russell (Jamarcus that is).

She may have meant it the other way around. ......Bradford at best and then Leaf ugly. That would make more sense to me.

A

Anonymous

MizzouHawkGal":39pgc6yr said:

You know, MHG, you've got a little potty-mouth/locker-room smack kinda thing going on.

Carry on. :mrgreen:

AsylumGuido

Reaction score
I've got to say that I have heard nothing to respect from Saints fans for Wilson, as well. I have always been a Wilson fan, myself. I went to NCSU and have closely followed his career since he was there. It's the same reason I follow Philip Rivers.

Hawks46

Reaction score
NoChops":2e6aww5a said:
if he means sex scandal as in ass blasting the NFC west again this year, I'm down!

Winner.

We were all tired of hearing about Brady during his good run. Hell, we still hear a lot about him, and they haven't won in a dog's age. That's what you get when you win; overexposure.

If SF won it all, we'd all be retching over the amount of Kaepernick out there. It is what it is.