Ertz possible 2 year deal

zchurch74

Reaction score
Saw a story about this. I’m not sure how I feel. Would he be another TE coming here to die at the end of his career or could he offer some real help?

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Hell no ..
Russ doesn't do TE's ..We have enough

John63

Reaction score
IndyHawk":r65b3c82 said:
Hell no ..
Russ doesn't do TE's ..We have enough

you know some say that and it appears like most negatives about Wilson to be a myth

for example this past season we targetted TE on 20% of our passes, FYi Wilson himself was 21%

Guess what Lord Rodgers targetted TEs on 17%

Mahomes who has 1 of the best Te in the game only 24%

Brady is only 24% and he had Gronk

Rams were only 15% and they have one fo the best TE

SF only 18% and again one fo the best TE in the game

Az only 16% and again a top Te

Seems to me Wilson does just fine with TEs.

SNDavidson

Reaction score
This is your unshakable vet, for the playoffs, when you need him to not drop it.

Mase

Reaction score
-- When an offense has an upper echelon tightens, defenses are going to key on them, thus theoretically making them harder to throw to. If you think teams were focused on stopping Gerald Everett over Metcalf and Lockett, then I can't help you. Also, there could be argument about attempts versus completions when throwing at the tightend or just over the short middle. My bigger issue with Wilson has been with his resistance to check downs.

-- Hard to tell from TV watching, but I saw a couple of times live where he had a great check down option, but wanted more. I admit, one turned into a 35 yard play to Lockett, but the other couple were incomplete throwaways (admittedly not sacks). That motivated me to watch a couple of All-22s. His refusal to take check downs was very blatant. Then I started to see sacks come from it. This was a couple of years ago, but I don't get the feeling it has improved much. I seen some signs of growth from Wilson with the new coordinator last year, but will need a bigger sample size. Assuming he is still here of course.

Mase

Elemas

Reaction score
We don’t need Olsen 2.0 sucking up the cap.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
zchurch74":3belxu6k said:
Would he be another TE coming here to die at the end of his career

Yes. Thats what happens to TEs in Seattle. Graham was on his way to wearing a gold jacket and then he came to Seattle.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
If we were a top team that was a few moves away from making a run in the playoffs, or contending?

This would be frustrating news.

We aren't. We are 3rd in our division.

Not sure why we think a better but aging TE helps us, since we barely use the TEs we have though.

It would be an odd move but not entirely out of character for us.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Just because a story claims they are bringing him in, that doesn't actually mean it's true.

Dot overreact way too early

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Well, they did have Russ miss a bunch of time and not really healthy til the last couple games. That has a LOT to do with it. I'm not assuming they are magically just gonna' be a last place team. Not until I see what they do in the off-season, and with a good amount of available cap. To each his/her own.
I expect them back in the playoffs next year. Just MY opinion. That's IF Russ stays.

Spohawks

Reaction score
My thought on any player is if he makes the team better...sign him. But I don't think he is better than Everett.

A-Dog

Reaction score
Appyhawk":3vfhljf3 said:
TE? We're already good 3 deep. Surely we can make on on that. I hate seeing mistakes repeated.
Everett and Dissly are unrestricted free agents at the moment

nanomoz

Reaction score
Let's not throw more money at a tight end in the twilight of their career. If the past few years are any indication, this team doesn't know how to utilize them anyway.

If they want to go after a younger tight end that is a monster blocker, great.

Latest posts