EWU @ Washington

SeatownJay

Reaction score
Has Miles completed a single pass more than 5 yards beyond the line of scrimmage yet? It's sad when the only pass your QB can throw is the bubble screen.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
SeatownJay":1so2ms4y said:
Has Miles completed a single pass more than 5 yards beyond the line of scrimmage yet? It's sad when the only pass your QB can throw is the bubble screen.
Does a 55 yard TD pass count? 8)

SeatownJay

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":19syegz6 said:
SeatownJay":19syegz6 said:
Does a 55 yard TD pass count? 8)
That was on a bubble screen.

jkitsune

Reaction score
The_Z_Man":17857fte said:
May not win a single Pac-12 game...

Peterson has that Willingham stare.

"I've come here to collect my big paycheck and enjoy an early retirement while still playing around at doing my job!"

It's shocking just how much worse they look right now. I know they lost talent, and QB was a huge question mark, but this is atrocious in so many ways beyond just the QB. Hopefully they can learn and grow, but yikes. Even if they win this game, this is two in a row like this.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Where was this defensive effort for the other 90% of this game? I get that they know they have to pass, but still, they are getting pressure they couldn't get in the three quarters.

SeatownJay

Reaction score
Blitzer88":3g154z7q said:
Where was this defensive effort for the other 90% of this game? I get that they know they have to pass, but still, they are getting pressure they couldn't get in the three quarters.
Washington's finally rushing more than 3 people.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
God....................this defense is terrible...............I have lost any expectations I had for the team this year. Coach Petersen does not seem like he is the man for the job. Can we have Sark back?

BillHawks

Reaction score
Am I missing some sarcasm in this thread?

They haven't looked good but they're not going winless in the Pac-12 and Petersen should be nowhere near anything resembling a hot seat. Adams is a great QB and look advantage of some strange scheme decisions on 3rd down. EWU is an FCS title contender. UW is playing their first season under an entirely new coaching staff while replacing their best offensive players from last year.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Blitzer88":3izcbr8t said:
God....................this defense is terrible...............I have lost any expectations I had for the team this year. Coach Petersen does not seem like he is the man for the job. Can we have Sark back?

I don't think it's Sark you miss, but the defensive coordinator he also brought with him. :D

OP
OP
MLOhawks

MLOhawks

Reaction score
The problem is he brought his B-team with him. During the BSU A-team years he had Wilcox as his DC and Harsin as his OC, both of which are not on this current Petersen staff.

All the excitement I had for this season is just gone.

SeatownJay

Reaction score
BillHawks":fu2ychva said:

They haven't looked good but they're not going winless in the Pac-12 and Petersen should be nowhere near anything resembling a hot seat. Adams is a great QB and look advantage of some strange scheme decisions on 3rd down. EWU is an FCS title contender. UW is playing their first season under an entirely new coaching staff while replacing their best offensive players from last year.
No sarcasm from me. Yes, EWU is a good FCS team. But an FBS team that wants to be considered a Top-25 program does not let an FCS team, no matter how good they are, set school records for offense against them, especially at home. It's too early to tell if it's the talent or the scheme, but you cannot argue the point that this Washington defense looks just as bad as, if not worse than, the Nick Holt defenses.

BillHawks

Reaction score
SeatownJay":23ctrwmw said:
BillHawks":23ctrwmw said:

No sarcasm from me. Yes, EWU is a good FCS team. But an FBS team that wants to be considered a Top-25 program does not let an FCS team, no matter how good they are, set school records for offense against them, especially at home. It's too early to tell if it's the talent or the scheme, but you cannot argue the point that this Washington defense looks just as bad as, if not worse than, the Nick Holt defenses.

I agree, I would say it was actually worse than Holt levels. I'm just not ready to give up on the season/Petersen after two games.

Latest posts