EWU @ Washington

drrew

Reaction score
Seahawks1983":q0fwdbxi said:
the UW defensive line looks fat and slow

No they don't. That 'fat and slow' defensive line has 8 sacks and 11 TFL in two games. No part of the defense is playing great, but your hyperbole about the DL is just lazy and flat out incorrect.

The defensive backfield was atrocious last week, and the LB group hasn't been making a ton of plays, therein lies the majority of problems so far.

Seahawks1983

Reaction score
drrew":xonp21n6 said:
Seahawks1983":xonp21n6 said:
the UW defensive line looks fat and slow

No they don't. That 'fat and slow' defensive line has 8 sacks and 11 TFL in two games. No part of the defense is playing great, but your hyperbole about the DL is just lazy and flat out incorrect.

The defensive backfield was atrocious last week, and the LB group hasn't been making a ton of plays, therein lies the majority of problems so far.

Lazy would be ignoring who those sacks and TFLs came against.

drrew

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/BednarikAward/status/510092231932653568[/tweet]

Natethegreat

Reaction score
kearly":2uui0jkx said:
I want Hau'oli Kikaha and Vernon Adams on the Seahawks.

Adams was AMAZING in this game against a very talented pass defense, and let's not forget what he did to Oregon State last year. He's undersized and if he succeeds in the NFL it will be a Russell Wilson type story, but he's got "it" and he's also got a great arm. I loved how gutty he was in this performance, beating the Husky D while playing through leg cramps. How insane is that?

The Huskies D was poorly coached, but it is very talented. Adams is a hell of a QB and it would be silly of us to not acknowledge that.

Kikaha looks like a great prospect in the NFL as a Michael Bennett type player. I want.
Man I could not agree more, as an EWU fan I was thinking the exact same thing the other day. Vernon Adams would be an outstanding back up for the Seahawks and I honestly think if he had the chance to learn with Russel he could turn out to be something special. He just has "it".

SE174

Reaction score
kearly":3hh34dtx said:
I want Hau'oli Kikaha and Vernon Adams on the Seahawks.

Adams was AMAZING in this game against a very talented pass defense, and let's not forget what he did to Oregon State last year. He's undersized and if he succeeds in the NFL it will be a Russell Wilson type story, but he's got "it" and he's also got a great arm. I loved how gutty he was in this performance, beating the Husky D while playing through leg cramps. How insane is that?

The Huskies D was poorly coached, but it is very talented. Adams is a hell of a QB and it would be silly of us to not acknowledge that.

Kikaha looks like a great prospect in the NFL as a Michael Bennett type player. I want.
Sorry for bumping this thread, but I'm not on here as much these days and didn't see it before now.

But I agree with everything here. Adams as Wilson's backup would be AMAZING, just needs to bulk up some more and work on his consistency/mechanics. He's been entertaining to watch the last two years... last year alone he threw 55 TDs, and nearly 5,000 yards (including playoffs). He's on pace to top that this year. :shock: